Kinda glad we lost ...

FloridaJetsFan

I know, I know - a bunch of you younger guys who weren't on the planet in the 70's when I became a Jets fan will "mother****" me for saying this, but the truth is - McElroy ain't the future, and winning today would just screw us out of a better draft pick. The O line is/has been atrocious! The ST is putrid! The D is almost average. Folks, it's time to acknowledge - Jets are not a good football team in any area. I don't know if a new front office/coaching staff is in order, but what I saw today was one of the worst efforts in a looooonnnnnngggg time. Wish I had the answers, but I don't.

I am glad we lost and am looking forward to closing the season out on a low note -- better draft position and more likelihood of meaningful change. I hope Rex, Sparano and Tanny slip on the ice in Buffalo and crack all their skulls. More likely, Rex gets a couple of wings lodged in his throat and chokes to death. Better yet, Woody fatally cracks his skull and the heirs sell the team to Mark Cuban, who cleans house.

I am glad we lost and am looking forward to closing the season out on a low note -- better draft position and more likelihood of meaningful change. I hope Rex, Sparano and Tanny slip on the ice in Buffalo and crack all their skulls. More likely, Rex gets a couple of wings lodged in his throat and chokes to death. Better yet, Woody fatally cracks his skull and the heirs sell the team to Mark Cuban, who cleans house.

So you're hoping for Death in Buffalo???

i agree....no way did i want Miami getting a higher draft pick and divional spot than us!!

next year Miami has to play the 2nd place teams (Colts, Bengals and Chargers)) while we play the 3rd place teams (Stillers, Jaguars/Titans and Raiders). easier schedule baby.

I know, I know - a bunch of you younger guys who weren't on the planet in the 70's when I became a Jets fan will "mother****" me for saying this, but the truth is - McElroy ain't the future, and winning today would just screw us out of a better draft pick. The O line is/has been atrocious! The ST is putrid! The D is almost average. Folks, it's time to acknowledge - Jets are not a good football team in any area. I don't know if a new front office/coaching staff is in order, but what I saw today was one of the worst efforts in a looooonnnnnngggg time. Wish I had the answers, but I don't.

OK, I was almost with you. But come on, there is plenty to criticize with this team, so at least be reasonable.

Don't tell me the defense is "almost average." Here is a stat for you. Midway through the game, the terrible offense had made 12 turnovers in 3 and a half games. Freakin terrible.

Now, how many points they did the defense give up off of those turnovers? 9. Just 3 field goals. 3 field goals surrendered off of 12 turnovers.

Don't tell me this defense is "almost average" when there are plenty of VALID criticisms to go around.

i agree....no way did i want Miami getting a higher draft pick and divional spot than us!!

next year Miami has to play the 2nd place teams (Colts, Bengals and Chargers)) while we play the 3rd place teams (Stillers, Jaguars/Titans and Raiders). easier schedule baby.

Loose next week, and it's a last place schedule!

Bills 2x

Phins 2x

Pats 2x

Steelers

Bengals

Browns

Ravens

KC

Jax

Falcons

Saints

Panthers

Bucs

If we win sub out Jax for Tenn, and KC for Oak, not that big a deal.

OK, I was almost with you. But come on, there is plenty to criticize with this team, so at least be reasonable.

Don't tell me the defense is "almost average." Here is a stat for you. Midway through the game, the terrible offense had made 12 turnovers in 3 and a half games. Freakin terrible.

Now, how many points they did the defense give up off of those turnovers? 9. Just 3 field goals. 3 field goals surrendered off of 12 turnovers.

Don't tell me this defense is "almost average" when there are plenty of VALID criticisms to go around.

Defense needs major work. There are some good pieces, but not enough. Dont let good performances against sh!tty teams wow you. They're not very good.

damn this guy just hates EVERYTHING jets

when Tebow is starting next year and leading us to a 12-4 record you'll eat your words

This coming from the Giants fan? If Tebow is here next year or we have 12+ wins I'll delete my account. If he's not how about you take like a month off from starting awful threads

If Tebow is here next year or we have 12+ wins I'll delete my account. If he's not how about you take like a month off from starting awful threads

why do you hate me so much? I never even did anything to you but you follow around all my threads with negative words.

Please don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

I always root for the jets to win, and try to be philosophical when they lose. Yesterday left a bad taste in my mouth, though, because the effort was missing. It is almost impossible to give up eleven sacks, so I hang some of that on the inexperience of the QB. He should have gotten rid of some of those balls. But they were getting to him so quickly in most cases that he did not even have a chance to do that. That is a veteran OL, and there is no excuse for that. They are vets, but they are not old. Coples and Wilkerson looked good yesterday. The safeties always play hard. Edwards had some game. The rest? Garbage.

Mark Sanchez will be the QB for the JETS next year. They will get some defensive players, and maybe address teh OL, but Mark is the man for 2013.

Anyone interested in drafting Tenn WR Hunter in the 1st, QB T Bray in the 2nd, and somehow grab K Patterson WR Tenn, and Da'Rick Rodgers WR, tenn transfer, pair all 4 up, and see what happens?

Unfortunately it doesnt matter what I think. The Jets informed me today via email that i am no longer in consideration for a job in their front office.

So no matter who they pick now, I will bitch and moan and whine and cry.

Unfortunately it doesnt matter what I think. The Jets informed me today via email that i am no longer in consideration for a job in their front office.

So no matter who they pick now, I will bitch and moan and whine and cry.

Sorry, I was picking my nose with one hand and accidentally neg repped you with the other. Stupid touch screens.

Archived