Tanny/Rex era has set the Jets back by at least three seasons, IMHO

Freemanm

For the Jets to turn the ship around and start sailing in the right direction, let alone be contenders? Seriously, Sanchez, the Tebow joke, money wasted on a$$holes like Santonio Holmes, Bart Scott, Sanchez, Tebow, Calvin Pace, Jason Smith, etc. Traded away draft picks for jokes, seriously. The Jets have been set back so much, they gave away so many contracts with guaranteed money that they their future looks dim.

Provided Rex and Tannenbaum get fired (and that remains to be seen), I say it's going to be at least three seasons before the Jets are even a playoff team. Rex Ryan is not a bad HC, especially when it comes to the defense. Players like playing for him. It's just that he's got a big mouth, doesn't know how to deal with locker room situations, and doesn't know $hit about offense.

IMHO, cut Sanchez and Holmes (obviously), despite the cap hits. You're not going to be able to trade them. Sanchez' career is pretty much over. I say that the Jets (and yes, I'm saying this) trade Darelle Revis away for a #1 pick in the draft, and get a QB who is actually talented. As we all know, while Sanchez was kind of hidden behind a lot of talened players in his first few years, is innacurate, immobile, is terrible under pressure and makes stupid decisions, like throwing at least five passes per game in to double and triple coverage.

Get a halfback who is actually talented and let Shonn Greene be a goal line halfback. The bright spot is that the Jets do have some good, young players to build around on D, including Coples and WIlkerson. Draft a good QB and sign a veteran so that the rookie QB can learn. guys like Dustin Keller, while overpaid, is a very good receiving tight end.Hill and Kerley are good, but definitely not #1 receivers.

cutting sanchez is almost impossible unless the jets really just wantg to concede next season as a pure rebuild and zero chance of being competitive. our salary cap is in such bad shape that cutting sanchez and making him count even more than he already does against the cap will leave us truly screwed

Dont think that's the case....we just ran out of steam in the creative thinking/adjustment department which is Wrecks Ryan.

LOL.

So the guy beats two HOF QB's and the reason we lost @ PIT was he ran out of creativity? How about we just accept the miracle that was our 2 playoff runs with the worst QB in the league?

As bad as things appear right now, things can turn around quickly in the NFL given the right elements.

LOL.

So the guy beats two HOF QB's and the reason we lost @ PIT was he ran out of creativity? How about we just accept the miracle that was our 2 playoff runs with the worst QB in the league?

As bad as things appear right now, things can turn around quickly in the NFL given the right elements.

Wrecks has regressed, Sanchez has regressed so what are the options?...IMO...I believe Wrecks can stay only if a OC hire like Norv Turner coming here is pulled off....What can you say about our QB position? Thats a Wreck! And who is in charge of this?

Going to the AFC championship game isnt a playoff run.

Huh? lulz

We had the two luckiest runs to championship games in history probably looking in rear view mirror- lots of breaks and things went our way- unlike the Giants though we did not cement the deal all the way.

What was lucky about them? And then name me a SB team who didnt need a little luck.

No it isn't, not if they find a replacement qb, rb, wr, te, og, ot, olb, ilb, ss in the upcoming draft or fa....

It's two OG's and two OLBs. And you forgot about FS. Could subtract ILB if Davis can start, though, which he hopefully does.

2012 starters who are FAs or going to get cut for cap reasons or are unsuitable to start in 2013:

1. QB

2. HB

3. FB

4. WR2

5. LG

6. RG

7. RT

8. LOLB

9. ROLB

10. FS

11. SS

Non-starters not under contract or who need replacing for 2013 and beyond:

1. Kicker

2. Punter

3. QB2 (unless we keep Sanchez for 1 more year, I suppose)

And even after mandatory cuts (Pace, Scott, Eric Smith, Jason Smith, Tebow) we still (comparatively) have dick in cap space no matter what we do with Sanchez.

Further, unless we trade for a QB who - on the day we acquire him - we know will be the unquestioned starter in week 1, Sanchez has to be off the team no matter what the mechanism is (cut or trade if possible). If we draft a rookie who isn't ready to start week 1, the only other viable starting option for the first month or two can't be Mark Sanchez so he must be gone.

If we make a trade for someone like Cousins (which may very well cost our 1st round pick depending on how the prospects sort out after the senior bowl and the combine) or someone else who is the obvious day 1 starter, then it's probably all right to keep Sanchez for 1 more year as the backup. But I prefer to get his numbers completely off the cap for 2014 and that means getting him out of here before his workout bonus is due.

No it isn't, not if they find a replacement qb, rb, wr, te, og, ot, olb, ilb, ss in the upcoming draft or fa....

Name me the team that requires allllll of these things to be completely, unquestionably covered to win games.

Also as pointed out, it's two OGs and two OLBs along with a FS.

cutting sanchez is almost impossible unless the jets really just wantg to concede next season as a pure rebuild and zero chance of being competitive. our salary cap is in such bad shape that cutting sanchez and making him count even more than he already does against the cap will leave us truly screwed

Nobody is turning this team around next year. By the time we get our talent level back to a reasonable level our safeties will have false teeth. The Jets need a major talent roundup, and that ain't coming in the next year. Having said that, I guess it really does not matter if Sancho starts next year.

Archived