What about Pettine as HC?

pfilippone

http://www.ganggreen...place-like-home

The article above makes some good points.

Who here thinks Pettine deserves a chance as Head Coach?

Granted the possibility of this happening is near zero.

I can only see Rex getting the axe if a new GM comes in and wants to build his own coaching staff. The new GM will probably not look at Pettine as HC material.

Being another coach from the defensive side of the ball, would Pettine do a better job of handling the offense than Rex has done?

pettine would have to be pretty cold blooded to replace Rex. Those guys are thick as thieves he's not going to ruin 10+ years of working relationship for the chance to be the HC of the Jets.

Thats true, but he deserves an interview, if Rex is getting fired. Which I doubt.

He's probably the best coach on the staff but that gives him zero incentive to want to be here. He'd just be the new first guy to get ****ed over when in 3-4 years when it's time for another rebuild.

I do want a coach that can be perceived as he's perceived...Quietly confident, diligent, and thorough in his preparation...I have wanted the Jets to have this image for a while now, but Mangini's balls hadn't dropped when they hired him (still haven't) and it's hard to imagine they draw that kind of guy right now.

Archived