•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

What about Pettine as HC?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pfilippone

pfilippone

Charlotte Jets fan

• Members
  • 308 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:43 AM

http://www.ganggreen...place-like-home

The article above makes some good points.
Who here thinks Pettine deserves a chance as Head Coach?
Granted the possibility of this happening is near zero.
I can only see Rex getting the axe if a new GM comes in and wants to build his own coaching staff. The new GM will probably not look at Pettine as HC material.
Being another coach from the defensive side of the ball, would Pettine do a better job of handling the offense than Rex has done?

Edited by pfilippone, 26 December 2012 - 11:51 AM.

Your karma ran over my dogma

#2 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,139 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

pettine would have to be pretty cold blooded to replace Rex. Those guys are thick as thieves he's not going to ruin 10+ years of working relationship for the chance to be the HC of the Jets.

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#3 Ken Shroy

Ken Shroy

New Kid On The Block

• Members
  • 951 posts
  • LocationLong Island - Florida

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

pettine would have to be pretty cold blooded to replace Rex. Those guys are thick as thieves he's not going to ruin 10+ years of working relationship for the chance to be the HC of the Jets.

Thats true, but he deserves an interview, if Rex is getting fired. Which I doubt.

#4 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,536 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

He's probably the best coach on the staff but that gives him zero incentive to want to be here. He'd just be the new first guy to get ****ed over when in 3-4 years when it's time for another rebuild.

I do want a coach that can be perceived as he's perceived...Quietly confident, diligent, and thorough in his preparation...I have wanted the Jets to have this image for a while now, but Mangini's balls hadn't dropped when they hired him (still haven't) and it's hard to imagine they draw that kind of guy right now.

Edited by SenorGato, 26 December 2012 - 02:51 PM.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#5 StraightCash

StraightCash

2x MVNoob

• Members
  • 3,740 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

Need an offensive/QB minded coach.. the only way to go in today's game.

Edited by StraightCash, 26 December 2012 - 02:51 PM.

you all hate me and want to be me... so conflicted... like pre-teen girls geetting thei first period.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users