Disturbing Jets Stats

Maxman

Sad thing is neither of these stats stand out as surprising. I thought the sack differential would be worse, especially after last week. Did we get the credit for Brandon Moore's ass's 2 sacks?

The sack diff was definitely hurt by giving up 52 sacks last week. Luckily Wilkerson and Coples have been bringing in sacks the past few weeks.

I would have to look but it will be interesting where the Jets # 2 WR ends up yard wise. It could be in historically low territory. That is scary stuff 325 yards for your # 2 WR. I can't even really comprehend that.

The sack diff was definitely hurt by giving up 52 sacks last week. Luckily Wilkerson and Coples have been bringing in sacks the past few weeks.

I would have to look but it will be interesting where the Jets # 2 WR ends up yard wise. It could be in historically low territory. That is scary stuff 325 yards for your # 2 WR. I can't even really comprehend that.

Sanchez and Tanny have no place getting paid for what they do right now but you're the one I feel bad for. sh*t like this gives Courtney viable ammunition on the podcast, our offense is really a joke

Holmes, Braylon, Kerley, Keller... not bad. Not great, but not bad. If we can get someone to throw them the ball... f it.

Holmes out since week 5 or 6, Edwards played 1 game, Kerley not bad, Keller missed about 6 or 7 games....Marino would suck with that suporting staff. Cant blame Sanchez for having no-one to throw to.

The Jets are -16 on the season is sacks to sacks allowed.

Another disturbing Jets stat. No receivers with 1,000 yards, only 1 receiver with over 325 yards receiving. That is hard to believe.

Did you see the stat about not having a Super Bowl appereance in 40+ years? Thats a distrubing one too...

But wait...isn't the defense top 5 statistically again...that's what counts right?

Rex Ryan is Buddy's son.

Dustin Keller is tied for 2nd on the team with 28 catches and 3rd in yards with 317...and he's missed 7 or 8 games. That was so depressing. I know there was a thread similar to this recently, but I think it's worth repeating :(

Yes, this was the one I was thinking about. Thanks Max.

As far as T0mshane's idiotic statement...

When you throw sh*t against the wall enough times, some of it is bound to stick.

That pretty much sums up your posting history.

Another disturbing Jets stat. No receivers with 1,000 yards, only 1 receiver with over 325 yards receiving. That is hard to believe.

I know. How did one of our receivers ever gain that many yards with Sanchez behind center?

Jets WRs with 30+ catches in 2012 - 1, 40+ - 1

Jets WRs with 30+ catches in 2011 - 5, 40+ - 4

10+ catches in 2012 - 10

10+ catches in 2011 - 7

Rushing attack is better than 2011 by 71 yards on 15 more carries in 1 less game. Scoring was way down 14 fewer TD's than 2011.

If they blowout the Bills(30+ points with 500 yards of offense) the numbers won't be too far off from 2011. Both are still worse than 2010 though.

What is really disturbing about the WR stats is that only

Kerley (53 catches out of 91 times targeted) and

Schilens (28 outta 41) caught more than 50% of the balls thrown to them

Holmes 20 catches outta 41

Our big WR and 2nd rd DP Stephen Hill was horrid 21 out of 47,

Clyde Gates who doesn't even BELONG on a pro roster was 16/34, this could very well be the worst receiving corps that the Jets have EVER fielded

What is really disturbing about the WR stats is that only

Kerley (53 catches out of 91 times targeted) and

Schilens (28 outta 41) caught more than 50% of the balls thrown to them

Holmes 20 catches outta 41

Our big WR and 2nd rd DP Stephen Hill was horrid 21 out of 47,

Clyde Gates who doesn't even BELONG on a pro roster was 16/34, this could very well be the worst receiving corps that the Jets have EVER fielded

Brutal. Simply brutal.

Archived