Sanchez to start on Sunday-Mcelroy out with concussion (Merged)

faba

Scene 1 of Big Fan: Part Deux, Fan Harder

(Pac stands behind fence as Mark Sanchez exits stadium after career ending season)

Pac: "MARK! MARK! I CAN TAKE YOU AND THE GUYS OUT FOR BLIZZARDS AND FLURRIES IF THAT'S SOMETHING YOU GUYS ARE INTERESTED IN! I'M PROUD OF YOU!!"

ha! Its hard to turn down a blizzard though. Extra Snickers. Look out!!!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No doubt. My nephew has a participation ribbon on his wall. I was killing my brother with you're son has a ribbon for sucking on his wall. lulz.

The pussification of america at its best.

So you're telling me my 6th grade perfect attendance award is MEANINGLESS? You son of a bitch!

And how about those home games against Miami, San Francisco, and New England where we competed really hard?

Oh wait, sh*t.

and you.

so it's ok to use the Jet performance against the Titans when talking about how good the Bills are, but it's not ok to talk about past Jet performances when talking about how good they are?

yeah, ok.

Jokes aside I hate that crap.. Participation trophies are part of the reason todays kids are ill equipped to handle shortcomings in the workplace. They don't know how to deal with failure.

Yes, that's it. Not cutbacks and diminished emphases on mathematics and sciences. Not at all. It's the participation ribbons.

Jokes aside I hate that crap.. Participation trophies are part of the reason todays kids are ill equipped to handle shortcomings in the workplace. They don't know how to deal with failure.

I don't buy this at all. You have been the mother hen of underperforming players and posters for years now. There's 1000's of your own written words that indicate you are exactly the kind of gal that gives out participation trophies. Last I heard you were trying to get penningtons # retired for being a good competitor

WTF. Your brother is the Rex Ryan of fathers.

In my brothers defense, the cute little guy put it on the wall himself.

Its extra funny because my brother suffers from ex-High School QB syndrome, badly. So seeing a participation ribbon on his son's wall was just ammo for me and my other brother to harrass him for the entire holiday.

I don't buy this at all. You have been the mother hen of underperforming players and posters for years now. There's 1000's of your own written words that indicate you are exactly the kind of gal that gives out participation trophies. Last I heard you were trying to get penningtons # retired for being a good competitor

JN, my stalker.

My stalker, JN.

is anyone really that upset Sanchez is starting? game's meaningless. Buffalo is awful. Jets are slightly less awful. Jets repeatedly shoot selves in foot. why would this pattern start changing now?

same sh*t, different season.

Agreed. Pac is the Dad yelling good cut son, "When the ball is 10 feet over the kids head." Pac is ruining our youth.

is anyone really that upset Sanchez is starting? game's meaningless. Buffalo is awful. Jets are slightly less awful. Jets repeatedly shoot selves in foot. why would this pattern start changing now?

same sh*t, different season.

The lasting images anybody has of Sanchez is the butt fumble and 5 turnovers against a bad team on MNF. Nobody in their right mind would try and start him again. Now we get one of those, "I told you Sanchez can be a great QB" games where the Jets win 31-17 and Sanchez throws 3 TDs. Hell, even if the Jets lose and Sanchez plays well, it becomes an excuse to start Sanchez next year. He is owed a lot of money, so any excuse to start him next year is a bad bad sign. I'd rather they start over now instead of wasting more years.

The Jets always waste years. This is the kind of game where Sanchez proves he should be the starter for the NY Jets next year. We all know he shouldn't, but this is what happens with NY Jets.

The starting reign for New York Jets QB Greg McElroy lasted all of one week.  After being sacked 11 times in the loss to the San Diego Chargers, it was announced that Greg McElroy would not start this Sunday because he has a concussion.  That means that Mark Sanchez is back as the starting QB this week.

Brian Costello of the NY Post wrote:

Ryan began his news conference by saying, “You’re not going to believe this one.”

He then described the scene of McElroy and trainer John Mellody coming to his office around 9:30 Thursday morning to tell him that McElroy had not told the trainers he was experiencing any symptoms of a concussion after Sunday’s 27-17 loss to the Chargers. McElroy was sacked 11 times in the game and suffered an abdominal injury.

McElroy had not undergone concussion tests when Ryan spoke to the media, but the coach was convinced McElroy could not play this week.

The writing was already on the wall for Tim Tebow, this further cements his fate.  Look for the Jets to part ways with Tebow after the season ends.

For Mark Sanchez he has one last shot, although what this shot could prove is debatable.  That is how bad this season has been for Sanchez and the Jets offense.  We will leave further discussion on that topic to the offseason and leave you with one last note.  In the week one matchup against the Bills, Sanchez completed 70.4% of his passes and had a QB rating of 123.4 with 3 touchdowns.  The wheels certainly fell off after that, but we will see if Mark can end the season the way he started it.

I"m not even reading all 978 negative responses to this thread. I KNEW this was going to happen. Rex loves Mark. Mark will probably start next year b/c Holmes will be back, Braylon will be signed, Sparano will be gone, and yea - Rex loves Mark. If you didn't see this coming then I don't know what to tell you.

....okay, bring on the hate :sign0090:

I"m not even reading all 978 negative responses to this thread. I KNEW this was going to happen. Rex loves Mark. Mark will probably start next year b/c Holmes will be back, Braylon will be signed, Sparano will be gone, and yea - Rex loves Mark. If you didn't see this coming then I don't know what to tell you.

....okay, bring on the hate :sign0090:

You need to start watching Dolph Lundgren movies or something.

I just do not believe something like this right out of the blue. This team is a sham. It is okay for Mark to start if he is on the road. Otherwise, he might lose his confidence in the off season if he is benched the last game. Boo hoo.

there's a ton of truth in this statement. I don't want to believe that Rex has 100% full control of who he plays at QB and when. It's possible all this QB drama is above his pay grade (and since they all stink he doesn't have a real preference).

either way this situation can be boiled down to simple instructions, don't play Tebow too much, don't play Mark at home.

Archived