From SNY- Nets fire Avery Johnson

faba

• 3 weeks later...

The next 4 games will be instructive for the Nets closing out the month. They play @Grizz, @Rockets, and home for Magic and Heat. Going 2-2 will be a good sign, 3-1 exceptional.

The Knicks have a tough schedule in March when the Nets could potentially make a serious move for the division, but the Nets have a brutal 8 game road trip to end that month, going back and forth from the coasts. They aren't elite opponents except for the Clips, but an 8 game trip is still a long trip.

The next 4 games will be instructive for the Nets closing out the month. They play @Grizz, @Rockets, and home for Magic and Heat. Going 2-2 will be a good sign, 3-1 exceptional.

The Knicks have a tough schedule in March when the Nets could potentially make a serious move for the division, but the Nets have a brutal 8 game road trip to end that month, going back and forth from the coasts. They aren't elite opponents except for the Clips, but an 8 game trip is still a long trip.

This is the attrition part of the NBA schedule, where teams start no-showing every third game. It'll be hard to really gauge anything at this point, IMO, since every team is dragging. If the Nets beat the Heat by 30, it won't really mean much.

This is the attrition part of the NBA schedule, where teams start no-showing every third game. It'll be hard to really gauge anything at this point, IMO, since every team is dragging. If the Nets beat the Heat by 30, it won't really mean much.

You're spot on.

The losses these two weeks across the league have been crazy. The Clips lose to the Suns, the Wizards beat the Bulls, Jazz beat Heat, Magic beat Pacers, etc.

You're spot on.

The losses these two weeks across the league have been crazy. The Clips lose to the Suns, the Wizards beat the Bulls, Jazz beat Heat, Magic beat Pacers, etc.

It'd be such a better product if they went to a 50-game season, but the owners would neverrrrrrrrrrrrrr give up the gates.

It'd be such a better product if they went to a 50-game season, but the owners would neverrrrrrrrrrrrrr give up the gates.

Yeah, they'd never go that route.

Bill Simmons has also advocated for a shorter season and I agree. The season builds in "schedule losses (4 in 5 nights, usually last game on the road, many times a back-to-back). He mentioned a 74 game season.

I think a 70ish game season works. Heck, an 82 game season would work if they eliminated every back-to-back and breaks between games longer than 2 days.

And T0m's head explodes ...

Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31RT @gregthompson27: Coach PJ Carlesimo, GM Billy King and former #Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum at Nets practice. pic.twitter.com/opruPczv

BCRqptDCcAIr2qf.jpg

Probably giving King advice on "stealing" DeMarcus Cousins from the Kings.

With there being well-defined parameters for max contracts, Tannenbaum's trump card would be useless in the NBA... you can't simply pay a free agent more than any other team to "lure" him in.

Normally I'd cringe at the prospect of the Nets hiring him, but the visual of Prokhorov dropping Tannenbaum's body out of a helicopter over Siberia warms the cockles of my heart.

Also, Nets fans, we're not winning anything with Brooke Shields at center. Without looking it up, I'm guessing the Nets are bottom five in field goal percentage against in the paint.

Yeah, but Dwight is a manchild (not a compliment) with a wonky back. Lopez might be a better investment, at least until Dwight's back is normal.

Yeah, but Dwight is a manchild (not a compliment) with a wonky back. Lopez might be a better investment, at least until Dwight's back is normal.

Dwight is a giant puss-baby, for sure. But Lopez is a puss-baby in his own way, in that he gets intimidated by every physical front court player who glares at him. Every center ever has hated playing with Kobe, from Shaq to Gasol to Bynum, and now Howard. I think a lot of Dwight's malaise has to do with that, and getting him to Brooklyn instantly wakes him up. Deron will eventually knife Lopez in the locker room after Lopez hosts another Get To The Rim Free! Party.

Added bonus: getting to watch Lopez weep on the court after one quarter of getting berated by Kobe/

Archived