Should Mark Sanchez be given the chance to win the starting QB job for the Jets next season?

Maxman

Mark Sanchez Poll  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Should Mark Sanchez be given the chance to win the starting QB job for the Jets next season?

• Yes
    • No

He had 4 yrs to prove he's an NFL QB.It would be a total PR disaster if they trot this loser out again next year. No one wants to see him anymore,damaged goods.Just get Alex Smith or Flynn for a yr or two then finally draft a real QB. I really cant see any other realistic options for this team at this point without totally alienating the fan base even more.

He had 4 yrs to prove he's an NFL QB.It would be a total PR disaster if they trot this loser out again next year. No one wants to see him anymore,damaged goods.Just get Alex Smith or Flynn for a yr or two then finally draft a real QB. I really cant see any other realistic options for this team at this point without totally alienating the fan base even more.

Funny you make the statement about Sanchez had 4 years, and is horrible, and no one wants to see him he is damaged goods, and then suggest we go get Alex Smith, a QB who after his 4th season had the exact same things said about him, it just wasn't as highly publicized like Sanchez has been because of the NY media, and Woody Johnson's need to be in the spotlight, and get attention regardless if it is good, or bad.

By the way I agree 100% with your statement about Sanchez, just think it is a little weird using that statement, and then suggesting we get a QB who was considered just as bad after year 4.

I hope he starts next year. Home games will be a nightmare and Courtney will pack on the lbs from a massive amount of carbs in an attempt to eat/drink away the depression. Then when she's not hot anymore she'll be forced into facing reality because nobody is listening to the nonsensical ramblings of a fat chick.

There's no doubt in my mind that the Jets royally screwed up any chance of developing Sanchez into an NFL QB, but the fact is that he hasn't developed. Not only should Sanchez not compete for the starting job, but he needs to be removed from the roster. I they can get someone to eat a little bit of his guaranteed salary -great!- but if not, they need to cut the kid.

Whoever was responsible for Sanchez costing the Jets so much against the cap in 2013 should also be fired. Who was that again?

Yes, the odds arent good starting over with another OC, but stranger things have happened.Personally I think Sanchez belongs in an offense that allows him to roll out and not sit in the pocket.

This isnt a bad group of WRs/TEs

Edwards

Holmes

FA WR - low cost

Curly

Keller

The Run game has to be fixed.

FA RB - low cost

Draft RB

Powell

No, because it means we still haven't brought in a QB.

So what you are saying is that the only option is to let him go & kiss $20.5 MIllion goodbye (especially when all of it will impact our cap for the next 2 years)?

THINK ABOUT THAT SPERM!

We have no choice, Mark Sanchez will be our FULL TIME QB for the next 2 Years!

So what you are saying is that the only option is to let him go & kiss $20.5 MIllion goodbye (especially when all of it will impact our cap for the next 2 years)?

THINK ABOUT THAT SPERM!

We have no choice, Mark Sanchez will be our FULL TIME QB for the next 2 Years!

I've thought about it more than you have it seems. We do have a choice. Get him off the team immediately. He is the absolute worst and has virtually no upside and therefore it serves no purpose to have him on the roster. He does not deserve to start for us or anyone else. That he is getting paid gobs of money by the Jets is immaterial.

The Jets need to either:

a) Get a sure-thing starter for 2013 and then maybe can keep Sanchez as the backup for 1 more year. Of course this pushes $5M of dead cap space to 2014 when he is actually cut. (Sanchez counts $13M in '13 and $5M in '14 in this scenario)

b) Draft a QB who may or may not be ready to start week 1, in which case Sanchez must be off the team to make roster space for a legitimate QB who might need to start for the first month or two months or possibly the whole season for 2013. Sanchez does not qualify for this job as he is barely worthy of being an emergency #2 QB. (Sanchez counts $17M in '13 and nothing in '14 in this scenario)

The Jets have zero chance of being contenders in 2013. ZERO. Keep telling yourself this until you believe it. Counting our starting QB, we have 7-8 holes on offense (if Powell turns into a full-time starter we like then it's 7 holes) and 4-5 holes on defense (4 holes if Davis takes Scott's place as starter all season long). Sanchez is the only one of those holes that will technically be under contract. When Pace and Scott get cut for cap reasons (as they should), we will have no starter under contract for QB, RB, FB, WR opposite Holmes, TE, LG, RG, RT, ROLB, LOLB, FS, SS, as well as our K and P.

So the only chance we're superbowl contenders is if 30 non-Jaguars teams decide to feed lethal doses of arsenic their entire starting offenses and defenses.

Therefore it makes no sense to carry the penalty of the Sanchez error over into 2014 when we could possibly have a chance by then if we get super-lucky fast with another QB.

If there is a way to trade him, or cut him and not be in cap hell, get rid of him, Ryan and the Jets ruined him.

But if he is on the roster, why shouldn't he be in the competition to start?

Who the hell Are we going to bring in that does not have to earn the starting job?

There are no legit free agent QBs, and it's a sh*t draft for QBs.

Since he is ruined, and sucks so bad, he won't win the job, but why shouldn't every player on the roster compete for a starting job?

To cut Sanchez would cost 17 million against the cap. Why would Pete Carroll trade Matt Flynn for Mark Sanchez? I see that supposed deal mentioned by radio hosts. I think the jets are stuck with Sanchez so of course he should get a chance to win the job. I don't want to see him starting any longer, but the jets are stuck with him.

If there is a way to trade him, or cut him and not be in cap hell, get rid of him, Ryan and the Jets ruined him.

But if he is on the roster, why shouldn't he be in the competition to start?

Who the hell Are we going to bring in that does not have to earn the starting job?

There are no legit free agent QBs, and it's a sh*t draft for QBs.

Since he is ruined, and sucks so bad, he won't win the job, but why shouldn't every player on the roster compete for a starting job?

this is how i feel about it. i really don't think we will be able to cut him because the financial ramifications will be too steep. that said, i do not want to see us handing to starting job to ANYONE without them earning it. thi steam has played like sh*t and i can't think of too many players on this team who have earned a guaranteed spot on the roster next season. whoever we bring in should have to win the job.

Archived