Gutty Ryan would welcome firing if "Woody" doesn't fix offense. (From the YeahOKGuy Dept.)

T0mShane

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure which NFL teams you watch, but typical protocol is that if any of the components of team are failing in performance, it is the head coach that is held accountable. He does not get to pick and choose areas that only he is held to standards for.

Rex had his chance last off season to fix this off season. He has given us Sparano, an outdated ground and pound philosophy, and unlimited loyalty to a failing qb.

So Coughlin should get all of the blame for the Giants' defense sh*tting the bed this year? Got it.

And had a rookie QB, who was the worst in the league by every standard, yet still some how managed to make a deep run in the playoffs. The fact Rex's first move as a HC was to get a QB, shows that he wants to be able to throw the Football whenever they want. He just missed. Lots have and it typically costs them their job. lol

Ground and pound is just a saying. But I think its interesting to note that of the top 10 teams in rush attempts, 8 of them are going to the post season. Seahawks, Texans, Patriots, Redskins, Chiefs, Jets, 49'ers, Vikings, Broncos, Bears - in that order.

Its strange. No doubt. The media is turning the NFL is into the WWF.

You're welcome! Hands down my favorite year as a Jets fan. Heartbreaking finish. But I believed all the way to that back breaking 3rd down conversion by Big Ben, was convinced we'd score if we got the ball back. lol. Oh well.

The teams that will advance will pass the ball effectively and get good QB play. Often rush attempts are a function of being ahead in the 4th quarter and running out the clock. That's probably true of 8 of the 10 teams(not the Jets nor the Chiefs), and the Seahawks, Skins and Niners have QBs who can run.

Quick-spare Danny Woodhead name the Pats' backs. Ben Jarvis Green Ellis is with the Bengals.

Are you people actually taking this article seriously?

And all these "I told you so 4 years ago" people about Rex are killing me. Like you're proud the team is struggling and didnt absolutely love Rex's first 2 years here.

lulz - Jets fans are the worst.

Don't think Rex said any of this but he still is not HC material. He inherited a pretty talented roster and lived off of it for two years until HIS decisions destroyed the team.

As for the article in general- I am not a CAP guy but if we are tight on next years CAP to begin with how would anyone make such an ultimatum on spending on the offense if we have limited $$$$. ????????

• 1 month later...

Archived