The 2013 ji discussion thread :)

Lizard King

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just curious bc that board hates this board.... But i like it much better over here.

What went down, who were the key players....?

Do people there really hate it here? I wonder why, nothing has happened in years. Weird.

so I was reading a Leberfeld article that said JI gets 4 box seats to every home game and press passes. He said he thought it was unfair that they're the only site to get such privileges. He wondered why other fan sites didn't get perks and mentioned Jetnation.com first amongst a couple others. Thought it was interesting...

but yeah.. something happens to guys when they're given modly powers over there. many turn into pretentious douchebags. there could be a fairly civil disagreement but if certain mods don't like the subject matter they beat their chests and threaten to lock threads or ban people. wonder if they realize how phony they look?

so I was reading a Leberfeld article that said JI gets 4 box seats to every home game and press passes. He said he thought it was unfair that they're the only site to get such privileges. He wondered why other fan sites didn't get perks and mentioned Jetnation.com first amongst a couple others. Thought it was interesting...

but yeah.. something happens to guys when they're given modly powers over there. many turn into pretentious douchebags. there could be a fairly civil disagreement but if certain mods don't like the subject matter they beat their chests and threaten to lock threads or ban people. wonder if they realize how phony they look?

I will ban you and your lawnmower.

Maybe if we were positive people for more than 1 week our JN overlords might get some favors....

I was tweeting with Dan Leberfeld and he mentioned that he wrote about us on Jets Confidential. I am an idiot because I didn't follow up. I wasn't sure if he was being serious.

Can you still buy the edition that this was printed in? I would love to check it out. And yes, I have thoughts on why JI has press passes and we don't. :)

The split occurred well before my arrival here, but from what I gather the JI power structure simply decided that Max & Company were just despicable.

So they decided to go their own way.

For the record, we left and then were kicked off. I think I still have the email that said, since you decided to start your own site, I am going ahead and deleting your account here.

Archived