Rex will be back

Maxman

and the Jets will be better next season, so there you have it. you heard it here first!

Well it is only a matter of time before the optimistic Jets fans come back here after the draft, say the Jets get a new GM, and a new OC who has success in an offense designed to succeed in today's NFL, the new GM drafts a QB in the mid rounds, and also goes out, and gets a quality RB prospect early in the draft, then signs Braylon Edwards to a 1 year deal, brings back Keller on a 1 year flier after he realizes there isn't a market for an injury plaqued TE at the deal he is looking for, where this money comes from? I don't know.

Oh the birds will be chirping the sun will be shining, and the optimism will be flowing from Floram Park during mini camp. Bart Scott said, (yea I know how the **** is this guy still here) "Oh man Sanchez, Edwards, Holmes, Hill, Kerley, Keller, and (drafted RB) look awesome, can't state how great these guys are looking in (insert new offensive coordinator's) system they are giving us fits out there on the (no pads, no contact) practice field." Rex Ryan said "I'll tell you this I believe in Mark, and always believed in his ability, and Mark in this offense will really show you guys how good he can be with all these weapons we put in place for him, derp, derp, playoffs, derp, derp, goal is SB win, derp, derp,"

Can't Wait!!!!!!!!! :smilies2_puke:

Did Woody Johnson recommend the hiring of Sparano? Can Rex be trusted to hire another offensive coordinator?

I am not entirely sure how that went down. What I fear is that they didn't get Haley over money. Obviously going to Pittsburgh and working with Big Ben would be the more appealing job. So the Jets would have needed a sweet offer. Which is why I fear they lost Haley over money.

I am not entirely sure how that went down. What I fear is that they didn't get Haley over money. Obviously going to Pittsburgh and working with Big Ben would be the more appealing job. So the Jets would have needed a sweet offer. Which is why I fear they lost Haley over money.

i dont believe that is how it went down. I think the Jets plan at the time was essentially to have co-offensive coordinators. Sparano would coordinate the running game, since the line was his strength, while Haley would be the passing game manager. I thought they felt Haley would go for it since he and Sparano worked together in Dallas and probably they felt Parcells would tell him why it was such a good idea. Haleys interviews came after Sparano not before him. I could see there being a rift over Matt Cavanaugh and perhaps Haley wanted no part of him, but I dont think it was a money deal.

The whole situation is a mess. Rex spoke so highly of Sparano when the hire was made. At the time of the hire the beat were all saying "unnamed sources" told them that Rex pushed hard for Sparano, which makes sense of Rexs usual nonsense of if they beat me they must be awesome mentality. If Rex was just giving lip service then he really is a puppet for the organization. To me those two mesh philosophically. Rex wanted to run. Rex wanted the return of the Wildcat. Rex wanted a OC with head coaching experience to help him. He wanted a simple offense he understood. I find it hard to believe that he did not want him. Maybe now he realizes how bad Sparano is and how this archaic offense doesnt work in todays NFL so he doesnt want him anymore, but I think in January this was clearly Rexs guy.

I took the comments to be far more about personnel rather than coaching. I think he wants the owner to commit to upgrading the WR2 position (I think he was upset Braylon went the first time) and there are guys like Bowe and Wallace who will be available this year. The running back position has been a zero spend position for three years now. Spend on a guy like MJD or Steven Jackson. And eat the money on Sanchez if you have to. IMO, Rex wants the Jets to build an offense thru free agency while he handles drafting a defense that fits his mold. Offensive talent takes far longer to develop other than RB and Rex isnt going to want to wait again. Free agency solves the development issue.

i dont believe that is how it went down. I think the Jets plan at the time was essentially to have co-offensive coordinators. Sparano would coordinate the running game, since the line was his strength, while Haley would be the passing game manager. I thought they felt Haley would go for it since he and Sparano worked together in Dallas and probably they felt Parcells would tell him why it was such a good idea. Haleys interviews came after Sparano not before him. I could see there being a rift over Matt Cavanaugh and perhaps Haley wanted no part of him, but I dont think it was a money deal.

The whole situation is a mess. Rex spoke so highly of Sparano when the hire was made. At the time of the hire the beat were all saying "unnamed sources" told them that Rex pushed hard for Sparano, which makes sense of Rexs usual nonsense of if they beat me they must be awesome mentality. If Rex was just giving lip service then he really is a puppet for the organization. To me those two mesh philosophically. Rex wanted to run. Rex wanted the return of the Wildcat. Rex wanted a OC with head coaching experience to help him. He wanted a simple offense he understood. I find it hard to believe that he did not want him. Maybe now he realizes how bad Sparano is and how this archaic offense doesnt work in todays NFL so he doesnt want him anymore, but I think in January this was clearly Rexs guy.

I took the comments to be far more about personnel rather than coaching. I think he wants the owner to commit to upgrading the WR2 position (I think he was upset Braylon went the first time) and there are guys like Bowe and Wallace who will be available this year. The running back position has been a zero spend position for three years now. Spend on a guy like MJD or Steven Jackson. And eat the money on Sanchez if you have to. IMO, Rex wants the Jets to build an offense thru free agency while he handles drafting a defense that fits his mold. Offensive talent takes far longer to develop other than RB and Rex isnt going to want to wait again. Free agency solves the development issue.

Yes they locked down Sparano because he was such a hot commodity lol. Haley was after -- hopefully it wasn't a money thing. The co\coordinator angle makes Sparano way more attractive than he is alone. Haley calling plays and running the passing game would have been a much better plan. Either way they didn't get him so none of it matters now.

re: the first paragraph - that idea sounds like the worst possible thing that could have happened.

re: the second paragraph - I don't think Rex was just paying lip service. I don't think he does that much (except maybe with Sanchez this season). He'd never trash his guys in public, but Rex is - has always been - overly optimistic. Rex could never run well the system he supposedly wanted to run (G&P) with the personnel he had going into this season. (He probably assumed they'd pick up that personnel, but that never materialized.) Sparano might not have been such a failure if the players were suited for what they supposedly wanted to do.

Anyway, the point is, that for the Jets to have had a good season, everything would have had to go exactly right. Rex is the kind of guy who always believes that everything will go exactly right. I don't think it's because he's a puppet.

And then Rex gets fired after next year, and the team can truly move on with rebuilding.

Rex will not get retained because he deserves it, but because of $$$$$

Giving up on Rex isn't the right thing to do. He needs to improve but he gets a 5th year with a new GM to see it he can...

I think you are 100% spot on.

Sparano was 100% Rex!

The fact that Rex hired Sparano is a fireable offense IMO.

How many OC's does he get to go through?

I would be absolutely shocked if Rex is able to get any good OC to come in here next year, shocked!

What OC in their right mind would come into this mess, no QB, no receivers, no running game, and a HC who is a year away from being fired.

This is why Rex either must go now, or give him a 4 year extension.

I am tired of wasting years, I am getting too old for this crap.

Get rid of the fat bastard now, and start the rebuild now, there is no way in hell this group is ever going to do anything worthwhile.

BTW, the 4 year extension makes me puke!

I think you are 100% spot on.

Sparano was 100% Rex!

The fact that Rex hired Sparano is a fireable offense IMO.

How many OC's does he get to go through?

I would be absolutely shocked if Rex is able to get any good OC to come in here next year, shocked!

What OC in their right mind would come into this mess, no QB, no receivers, no running game, and a HC who is a year away from being fired.

This is why Rex either must go now, or give him a 4 year extension.

I am tired of wasting years, I am getting too old for this crap.

Get rid of the fat bastard now, and start the rebuild now, there is no way in hell this group is ever going to do anything worthwhile.

BTW, the 4 year extension makes me puke!

If they can't get a good OC this year, maybe that's the problem they had last year too?

If they can't get a good OC this year, maybe that's the problem they had last year too?

I don't think so, last year was an 8-8 team coming off two AFCC games.

Nobody was thinking Rex or Tanny would be gone.

Now, Tanny will be out, team has clearly regressed, and another bad year with Tanny out will fall on Rex, where it should fall now.

Considering the cap situation, and the magnitude of suck for the offensive personnel, the number of HC vacancies this year, leading to plenty of opportunities for good coordinators, we ain't getting anyone good, and may stick with Sparano.

All coordinators will do the same math I just did, and stay away if they have other opportunities.

Giving up on Rex isn't the right thing to do. He needs to improve but he gets a 5th year with a new GM to see it he can...

I disagree, it is absolutely the right thing to do.

Unless the new GM is a miracle worker, who can manufacture a good QB, and clear up the cap disaster to get a semblance of an offense, keeping Rex is delaying the inevitable by one year.

Throw in the idea of saddling a new GM with an old regime coach, limits the GM pool even further, keeping Re. Is a very, very bad idea.

RR: Tony, look, I don't want to know anything about what's goin' on with the offense. It's not my thing, never been my thing. It'd be your baby; your thing. You guys hold onto the ball for forty minutes and we win the Super Bowl and that's the truth.

TS: My thing? I'd be in control--control--of the whole thing?

RR: The whole f*ckin' thing.

TS: What about the kid?

RR: The kid comes with it. He can play, ya know, it's just Schott...****in' Schottenheimer got into his head and...

TS: I can fix him, ya know. I can do that. Run it 35 times, throw it 15. Boom.

RR: That's what I'm talking about.

TS: My baby! My thing! Haha!

RR: Your ****in' baby, baby. Hahaha

[The two men clink their beer cans together and laugh, followed by a pause. SPARANO takes a pull of his cigar.]

RR: That's some sh*t about Peyton Manning, huh?

TS: Denver. Cold out there.

RR: Cold as f*ck, I tellya. With a broken neck. Forget about it.

TS: Fuhgeddaboutit.

[another pause]

RR: Whattya think about that Tebow kid?

Giving up on Rex isn't the right thing to do.

Rex has refused for four years to accept responsibility for the first and most impactful decision he made as an NFL head coach. It starts and ends there. You can't give up on a guy who doesn't consider himself accountable for his actions in the first place. You just stop herding him in when he gets distracted and wanders off. I bet if we just pull Jets security personnel from the babysitting detail he'll choke to death on a pork chop by Wednesday and save us the hassle.

RR: Tony, look, I don't want to know anything about what's goin' on with the offense. It's not my thing, never been my thing. It'd be your baby; your thing. You guys hold onto the ball for forty minutes and we win the Super Bowl and that's the truth.

TS: My thing? I'd be in control--control--of the whole thing?

RR: The whole f*ckin' thing.

TS: What about the kid?

RR: The kid comes with it. He can play, ya know, it's just Schott...****in' Schottenheimer got into his head and...

TS: I can fix him, ya know. I can do that. Run it 35 times, throw it 15. Boom.

RR: That's what I'm talking about.

TS: My baby! My thing! Haha!

RR: Your ****in' baby, baby. Hahaha

[The two men clink their beer cans together and laugh, followed by a pause. SPARANO takes a pull of his cigar.]

RR: That's some sh*t about Peyton Manning, huh?

TS: Denver. Cold out there.

RR: Cold as f*ck, I tellya. With a broken neck. Forget about it.

TS: Fuhgeddaboutit.

[another pause]

RR: Whattya think about that Tebow kid?

Tl: dr

Tl: dr

I know u want Rex back and I think thats where Woody is going.

Probably up and comer College/Pro Personell guy currently in NFL FO. Caveat of offer from Woodrow will be 'keep Rex'.

I actually think this shoe will fall 1st as the new GM deserves to can current assistants and then name new ones.

If Sporano is fired before new GM it just shows how far Tannys star has fallen in Woodruf's eyes.

LOL. Basic reason I was asked to leave JI. OK, they banned my IP address.

The IP address ban to this day remains one of the funnier inside jokes in Message Board History. We shared a laugh over that one at Miami game :)

This is fun. Which is why we're here. Cracks me up thinking that we were getting emails from said pancake-eating website proprietor to "be positive" as if that has any impact at all.Perhaps it helped getting him a media credential or access on gameday. May be some players or CS or FO personnel read this; surely media types do. But the idea anything written on a website messageboard be it positive or negaitve truly impacting the Jets' success or failure is ridiculous.

Woody gave Sanchez like fifty million dollars because Rex told him to, and now Rex says that if Woody doesn't come across with another thirteen to get rid of the loser then it's all his fault. I can't even fathom how livid Woody must be. Rex is lucky he's coaching Sunday.

I wouldn't be surprised if Woody did fire Rex. The league basically told him that because the Jets basically humiliated the NFL during its showcase Thanksgiving game, thre won't be anymore primetime spots r he Jets, and that's the one thing that will really piss him off.

Archived