RB dept. : " Jets may offer deal to Argos' Kackert " ~ ~ ~

kelly

I don't watch much CFL despite living in Canada but did watch the Grey Cup and he was pretty OK impressive there can't hurt to try him out at camp.

agreed...if we play/use him like the pats use woody ; i think he can help us/be productive :winking0001:

I really like him in the 2nd round but have a feeling some team that doesn't have glaring needs will take him before round 1 is over. Maybe trade down or use a late first obtained from trading Revis (oh yeah, it's happening). The fact that he is a Giovani is a plus.

Bengals have a need at RB, and have 2 picks from 20-34, they would scoop him up if he grades out after all the combines, and stuff.

• 1 month later...

Strictly deduce.

NFL contracts are way bigger then  CFL contracts.  If the Jets had offered him one, I can’t think of a single reason he wouldn't leap at it.

I would deduce Tanny liked him, Idzik not so much.  Or maybe Idzik just hasn’t had time to even think about him.  Either way I’m pretty sure he wasn’t offered a contract.

Your deductions are very reasonable.  It's just that the article said the Jets were still pondering whether to offer Kackert a contract, but Kackert decided to take matters into his own hands and sign back with his CFL team.  I was just wondering if you had found out that this was untrue, that the Jets had let him know conclusively that they were not interested in him.

While theoretically he still had a chance at being invited into training camp by the Jets, I think Kackert figured that with Tannenbaum leaving, there was no more reason for Idzik to be interested in him than any of the other NFL clubs, and he wanted to be sure he would be playing somewhere this season.

Archived