I Have A Bad Bad Feeling

neckdemon

that our illustrious owner will not be firing anyone and we will see the tanny/rex/meatball trifecta given another shot. this is the cruel life of a jets fan and this is what i expect to happen because thats the way it goes as a jets fan. perrenial disappointment. besides our owner is woody johnson....are you kidding? how do you end up with a first and last name that are synonymous with penis? is his middle name peter? FML

that our illustrious owner will not be firing anyone and we will see the tanny/rex/meatball trifecta given another shot. this is the cruel life of a jets fan and this is what i expect to happen because thats the way it goes as a jets fan. perrenial disappointment. besides our owner is woody johnson....are you kidding? how do you end up with a first and last name that are synonymous with penis? is his middle name peter? FML

i don' think Tannenbaum will be the GM next year. I do think he will stay in the organization (ie. Bradway). But I'm still not sold that Sparano will be fired. I hope he is, but i'll believe it when i see it.

No. COCK

Most likely. Considering Terry Bradway is still on the payroll this is about a lock. We will still suck drafting players.

Wouldn't be shocked if Bradway was canned. Especially if Tanny is reassigned/demoted to a position of being a number cruncher/cap advisor, I would imagine a new GM from outside in charge of personnel decisions would bring in his own guys to run scouting etc.

Rex stays, Tannenbaum is reassigned, Sparano is gone.

This is the likeliest probability, although I hope Tannenbaum is removed completely.

Problem is, it's going to be tough to attract candidates for the OC and GM jobs here. While Rex's detractors might point to Rex being the problem, I think the real issue in 2013 is the complete lack of talent on the offensive side of the ball, and the tight cap space with which to operate to improve it.

Woody's probably either gonna have to overpay, or bring in lesser people.

Wouldn't be shocked if Bradway was canned. Especially if Tanny is reassigned/demoted to a position of being a number cruncher/cap advisor, I would imagine a new GM from outside in charge of personnel decisions would bring in his own guys to run scouting etc.

This would be sweet. So sweet.

This is the likeliest probability, although I hope Tannenbaum is removed completely.

Problem is, it's going to be tough to attract candidates for the OC and GM jobs here. While Rex's detractors might point to Rex being the problem, I think the real issue in 2013 is the complete lack of talent on the offensive side of the ball, and the tight cap space with which to operate to improve it.

Not sure you can get any "lesser" than Sparano. He has far outdone Schotty in making this offense into a complete laughing stock. At least under schotty we weren't flagged for delay of games and too many men in the huddle every game. Don't get me wrong, Schotty sucked too, but Sparano came in and has made him look like an offensive genius.

As far as talent goes, I still think our OL is above average. Our WR corps, with a healthy Holmes, Hill, and Kerley, is actually not bad either. Greene is likely a goner, but I like what I saw from Powell and McKnight this year.

Obviously, the QB situation needs to be figured out. Tebow is going to be traded to Jacksonville for probably a 5th or 6th rd pick at this point... Sanchez is likely going to be back next year. We either need to find a vet that the CS actually would trust in a game situation to come in here and compete with Sanchez, or they need to spend a 1st or 2nd day pick on a QB that they think would put some heat on Sanchez, and someone they think they'll be able to develop into a full time starter for 2014, when Sanchez will either be cut or traded.

Given we can get the QB situation somewhat under control, and see evidence of a plan, the OC job here is not all that unattractive. Granted, we're not the Patriots or the Packers, but a good offensive coach that feels he has something to prove might be willing to come here and see what he can do.

Not sure you can get any "lesser" than Sparano. He has far outdone Schotty in making this offense into a complete laughing stock. At least under schotty we weren't flagged for delay of games and too many men in the huddle every game. Don't get me wrong, Schotty sucked too, but Sparano came in and has made him look like an offensive genius.

As far as talent goes, I still think our OL is above average. Our WR corps, with a healthy Holmes, Hill, and Kerley, is actually not bad either. Greene is likely a goner, but I like what I saw from Powell and McKnight this year.

Obviously, the QB situation needs to be figured out. Tebow is going to be traded to Jacksonville for probably a 5th or 6th rd pick at this point... Sanchez is likely going to be back next year. We either need to find a vet that the CS actually would trust in a game situation to come in here and compete with Sanchez, or they need to spend a 1st or 2nd day pick on a QB that they think would put some heat on Sanchez, and someone they think they'll be able to develop into a full time starter for 2014, when Sanchez will either be cut or traded.

Given we can get the QB situation somewhat under control, and see evidence of a plan, the OC job here is not all that unattractive. Granted, we're not the Patriots or the Packers, but a good offensive coach that feels he has something to prove might be willing to come here and see what he can do.

The OL took a step backwards this year. The WRs are okay, if you forget about Holmes' social issues. The RBs are mediocre on a good day.

The QBs are probably the worst in the NFL, and there's no real cure in sight. Hoping a second or third round pick can develop into a starter in a year is essentially buying a lottery ticket. The FA market is really weak, too. And even if the market was strong, the Jets don't have any money to operate with this offseason.

Given the tenuous status of the head coach, the Jets OC job could be the least attractive opening this year.

I tried to give Sparano the benefit of the doubt early, but he has been positively "Kotitean" in his approach to coaching this year.

I don;t see how they can fire everybody but Rex. Looks like Pettine has to go, too. He is too chummy with the press. Why let Rex bring in a slew of coaches he might have to fire next season's end? No top prospect for the GM spot is going to want to start out that way. Will Woody have to bring in a half-ass toagree with his decisions?

The OL took a step backwards this year. The WRs are okay, if you forget about Holmes' social issues. The RBs are mediocre on a good day.

The QBs are probably the worst in the NFL, and there's no real cure in sight. Hoping a second or third round pick can develop into a starter in a year is essentially buying a lottery ticket. The FA market is really weak, too. And even if the market was strong, the Jets don't have any money to operate with this offseason.

Given the tenuous status of the head coach, the Jets OC job could be the least attractive opening this year.

The WR's are OK now with Braylon here. They were HORRIBLE before that. Kerley was the only one who had any business on an NFL field.

compared to 2009 yes that's true. compared to the rest of the league they are a very good OL.

Bit, where in draft you think Gio Bernard and Milk Glennon will go?

Have you heard of Jets interest?

Jake Steinberg (he seems to get some stuff right) claims the Jets are all over both of them.

The regime needs to change or you are just wasting another lottery pick...the Jets under Rex wanted a plug and play QB...unwisely they thought a high draft pick would enable them to set it and forget it with zero understanding of development/accountability/backup plan...if Rex stays...might as well draft all defense and hope to win games 7-6.

Agree with your point if Rex stays...least attractive OC on the market...basically you hope Rex had a strong relationship with Hue Jackson or Norv Turner and they agree to come to pad the resume.

I can't see any decent GM coming here if Tannenbaum is kept on in any capacity. Get ready for promotion from within if Tannenbaum is "reassigned."

Also, I'd take Norv Turner as OC, but please don't ever promote him past this position.

I can't see any decent GM coming here if Tannenbaum is kept on in any capacity. Get ready for promotion from within if Tannenbaum is "reassigned."

Also, I'd take Norv Turner as OC, but please don't ever promote him past this position.

yup, thats why we will get a up and comer candidate that is willing to accept the caveat from Woody to keep rex as part of job offer.

I'm not even defending Sparano in the slightest, but what freakin' team were you watching for those six years Schotty was here? His offense was just as notorious for that crap, if not more so. Have we so quickly forgotten the multiple times in every game where Sanchez would be seen screaming at the sideline for a play call that never came, as the seconds ticked away? Or how about my personal favorite, when the Jets had to burn a timeout on the very first play of the game last year because Schotty's stupid ass couldn't get the play call in even then? There is not a single human being on the face of the Earth who could make Schotty look anywhere close to an offensive genius. Just because Sparano is an incompetent jackass doesn't change the fact that Schitty was one too. And thank God the Jets are at least smart enough this time to not waste 6 years of our time with this one.

Actually, Woody makes it a Superfecta, I believe.

I tend to think nothing imminent is coming either. I think the Woody news is going to be the equivalent of the guys being on double secret probation while he conducts a thorough search that amounts to no real changes but a public discussion of how this is now a more comprehensive personnel scouting staff and that while Mr. T maintains the GM position there is more distribution of decision making power for the draft and free agency.

Outside of the draft (which is a worry right now since the Jets need good players) there probably isnt any harm in leaving the two guys there to hang themselves trying to fix the cap of the team rather than having a new GM come in and people blaming him for 2013 and 2014 being bad.

Bit, where in draft you think Gio Bernard and Milk Glennon will go?

Have you heard of Jets interest?

Jake Steinberg (he seems to get some stuff right) claims the Jets are all over both of them.

giovanni bernard is possibly the only rd 1 RB this year. Alot depends on how he runs and medical exams on the combine

Glennon seems like a late 1 early 2 to me, if he is awesome at Senior Bowl. I've seen some projects that have him as the best QB in the class.

I'm not even defending Sparano in the slightest, but what freakin' team were you watching for those six years Schotty was here? His offense was just as notorious for that crap, if not more so. Have we so quickly forgotten the multiple times in every game where Sanchez would be seen screaming at the sideline for a play call that never came, as the seconds ticked away? Or how about my personal favorite, when the Jets had to burn a timeout on the very first play of the game last year because Schotty's stupid ass couldn't get the play call in even then? There is not a single human being on the face of the Earth who could make Schotty look anywhere close to an offensive genius. Just because Sparano is an incompetent jackass doesn't change the fact that Schitty was one too. And thank God the Jets are at least smart enough this time to not waste 6 years of our time with this one.

^ This. People who don't watch the Jets much say "Oh, this vindicates Schottenheimer," and um, NO. NO IT DOESN'T. Sparano has been been terrible but the idea that Schotty was somehow "better" or that the players were all to blame for this kind of mess is a joke.

Aside from Sanchez having to call timeout because he wasn't getting help from the sidelines, how many times did we watch Schotty never adjust his game plan to his players' strengths or the defensive adjustments made by the opposing team? How many times did we want tear our hair out because the situation didn't fit the play call?

Sparano has been god awful, and although this roster lacks talent, the worst thing you can say about the guy is that he hasn't managed to get the best out of them. If the offense had been average - not even really good, just average - the Jets are easily 9-7, or even 10-6. Instead, we're looking at this mess.

You can argue this mess is better for the long term good of the franchise, but depending on what Woody does regarding the GM situation, we don't even know if that's true at this point.

Its so weird that there's no talent on offense when all they spend is $20 million a year on 2 CB's alone. If Rex was such a brilliant defensive coach he could do it with a lot less money then the Jets spend on their defense, particularly their DB's. Then maybe we could afford an OL, WR or QB.

Archived