•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Rex Ryan open to spending next season working in television

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 JoeC36

JoeC36

JetNation's Keeper Of The Anals

• Moderators
  • 11,760 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 29, 2012, 1:50 PM EST

Critics of Jets coach Rex Ryan say he’s a better talker than a coach. So it might make sense for Ryan to spend next season talking instead of coaching.

If Ryan is not retained by Jets owner Woody Johnson, he would be amenable to working in television next year, sources told the New York Daily News.

Publicly, Ryan has insisted that he wants to remain with the Jets next season, but reports have indicated that in private he’s not quite so intent on staying in place. Ryan reportedly would prefer getting fired to having to go through another year with the same offensive personnel and assistant coaches in place, and according to ESPN, Ryan joked at a recent staff meeting that he’d prefer to get fired.

Johnson has said nothing publicly about whether he plans to fire Ryan. But if he does, Ryan may spend 2013 in a TV studio or broadcast booth, doing something he does well: Talking.

http://profootballta...-in-television/

289 Time Post of the Week Loser

#2 Pac

Pac

shark jumper

• Members
  • 14,410 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:25 PM

Ryan joked at a recent staff meeting that he’d prefer to get fired.

I was going to mention this yesterday. I figured in a private moment he might have been joking about hypotheticals and someone who heard it passed it on to Manish.

We've all said stuff we don't mean when it comes to our jobs, ie wanting to get fired so you can collect unemployment. It doesn't mean anything but when a jackal like Manish gets a hold of it and spins it you've got the appearance of something much more sinister.

I think the article is a bunch of crap and the person who gave this "scoop" to Manish should be booted out of Floram Park. If it is Pettine, I don't see how this makes him an attractive candidate to potential employers.

#3 T0mShane

T0mShane

Gluten for punishment

• Members
  • 27,282 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

I would be amenable to getting banned if PAC is going to keep blaming the media for the Jets sucking.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#4 dbatesman

dbatesman

Failgoat 2.0

• Members
  • 8,667 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

I was going to mention this yesterday. I figured in a private moment he might have been joking about hypotheticals and someone who heard it passed it on to Manish.

Smart, beautiful, and a liar. So much better than that Sarah, Plain & Tall.

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#5 Pac

Pac

shark jumper

• Members
  • 14,410 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:30 PM

I would be amenable to getting banned if PAC is going to keep blaming the media for the Jets sucking.

I don't even know what this means. The Jets offense sucking has nothing to do with Manish Mehtas crusade to be on as many national talk shows as possible.

#6 T0mShane

T0mShane

Gluten for punishment

• Members
  • 27,282 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

I don't even know what this means. The Jets offense sucking has nothing to do with Manish Mehtas crusade to be on as many national talk shows as possible.

Wouldn't portraying anything involving this Jets organization in a professional, dignified, or serious light be the more sensationalistic story?
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#7 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

So does Rex want to be here or not?

#8 kay_gee

kay_gee

full time Jets fan, part time troll

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 2,356 posts
  • Locationlive from New York

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

I officially hate The Daily News.

It's not the media's fault the Jets suck. It's the media's fault the media is ridiculous.

#9 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

pumba lookin ass- Chris Ivory

• Members
  • 23,039 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

So does Rex want to be here or not?

Daily News says no.

Jets fans say yes.

Post counts go through roof.

Max happy.
 photo c82dba5d-cef7-4044-a308-6f6302c7ad1c.jpg

#10 dbatesman

dbatesman

Failgoat 2.0

• Members
  • 8,667 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

Wouldn't portraying anything involving this Jets organization in a professional, dignified, or serious light be the more sensationalistic story?

YOU ARE NOT TO BE TRUSTED

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#11 RSJ

RSJ

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,135 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

Whoever leaked this should be fired immediately.

#12 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

pumba lookin ass- Chris Ivory

• Members
  • 23,039 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

Whoever leaked this should be fired immediately.

Fire them all. this way you get the snitch..

Rex should go into his meetings tonight wearing this:

Posted Image
 photo c82dba5d-cef7-4044-a308-6f6302c7ad1c.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users