Report: Browns will fire Shurmur, Heckert after Sunday’s game

Jetscode1

If I was Woody I'd talk with Heckert for the GM post...had some good drafts with Cleveland...plus key personnel guy for with Andy Reid and the Eagles...helped build some good teams.

Browns coach Pat Shurmur and General Manager Tom Heckert have been viewed as goners for months. It will soon become official.

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that the decision has already been made to fire Shurmur and Heckert after Sunday’s finale against the Steelers.

New Browns owner Jimmy Haslam said in November that he’d make his decision on Shurmur and Heckert’s fates quickly at the end of the season, and it appears that what that actually means is he has already made his decision and he will announce it quickly at the end of the season.

Up next, Haslam and his handpicked CEO, Joe Banner, will turn their attention to finding a new coach and general manager as they attempt to revive a franchise that is about to close out its 11th consecutive season out of the playoffs.

http://profootballta...r-sundays-game/

If I was Woody I'd talk with Heckert for the GM post...had some good drafts with Cleveland...plus key personnel guy for with Andy Reid and the Eagles...helped build some good teams.

Browns coach Pat Shurmur and General Manager Tom Heckert have been viewed as goners for months. It will soon become official.

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that the decision has already been made to fire Shurmur and Heckert after Sunday’s finale against the Steelers.

New Browns owner Jimmy Haslam said in November that he’d make his decision on Shurmur and Heckert’s fates quickly at the end of the season, and it appears that what that actually means is he has already made his decision and he will announce it quickly at the end of the season.

Up next, Haslam and his handpicked CEO, Joe Banner, will turn their attention to finding a new coach and general manager as they attempt to revive a franchise that is about to close out its 11th consecutive season out of the playoffs.

http://profootballta...r-sundays-game/

Browns owner is a lifelong Steelers fan. He will go after Cowher. Plus Cowher played for Browns to boot.

I think it is pretty clear now that Jim Johnson was the reason for the Eagles success during Heckert and Reid's time there. I personally dont want any part of them.

They also had a legit QB at that time. That means everything, tbh.

All this report really means is there will be competition for the best GM candidates, and all the coaches they will want to hire when in place.

Sucks.

I would hope if given the choice of Jets or Browns, candidates take us... But somehow I feel that we'd botch it up somehow.

McNabb was a legit QB? He was ok - but never elite.

Yeah, he was top 3 at the time he was at his peak and Jim Johnson was with the Eagles. He was Jim Kelly of his QB class, and that is nough to make his coaching staff look great and make my previous statement correct.

Yeah, he was top 3 at the time he was at his peak and Jim Johnson was with the Eagles. He was Jim Kelly of his QB class, and that is nough to make his coaching staff look great and make my previous statement correct.

He may have been top 3 in madden or fantasy (because he could run) - but as a passer and offensive leader he was never top 3.

Archived