**Official NY Jets General Manager Discussion Thread** (MERGED)

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a finite number of people who are a. capable of being an NFL GM and b. a smaller pool of those people who will put up with having the 2 previous GMs down the hall 2nd guessing them. And for a guy that won't spend up to the salary cap Johnson will now pay a headhunter to find a GM which he could probably do with a few phone calls and an internet connection. And he did this to hire them president the immortal Neil Glatt.

We are fvcked every which way.

Woody Johnson is cheap, cares only about media buzz instead of winning, clueless to the task at hand and loyal to people who kiss his ass.

NFL Picks Korn/Ferry to Help Search for New Commissioner

The eight-member ownership committee leading the search for a new NFL commissioner has selected the executive search firm of Korn/Ferry International to assist in the process, committee co-chairs Jerry Richardson and Dan Rooney announced today.

Korn/Ferry International (NYSE:KFY) is one of the world’s leading executive recruiters, having conducted more than 100,000 senior-level searches since its founding in 1969. Based in Los Angeles, Korn/Ferry has 70 offices worldwide and has worked with many of the world’s top companies. Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Paul Reilly will lead Korn/Ferry’s team on the NFL search.

Dan Rooney hired the firm to help find a commissioner. On the things to freak out over scale this is about a - 1.

Woody is dumb enough to include Rex in the interview and decision making process to hire his own next "boss". Think I am kidding? Just wait.

It would be fitting!

The fact that Rex will survive this is so disturbing, he is as responsible, if not more than Tanny

The eight-member ownership committee leading the search for a new NFL commissioner has selected the executive search firm of Korn/Ferry International to assist in the process, committee co-chairs Jerry Richardson and Dan Rooney announced today.

Korn/Ferry International (NYSE:KFY) is one of the world’s leading executive recruiters, having conducted more than 100,000 senior-level searches since its founding in 1969. Based in Los Angeles, Korn/Ferry has 70 offices worldwide and has worked with many of the world’s top companies. Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Paul Reilly will lead Korn/Ferry’s team on the NFL search.

Dan Rooney hired the firm to help find a commissioner. On the things to freak out over scale this is about a - 1.

I agree with PAC here, I would much rather this be the case than Woody on his own

Yeah. Goodell has been such a revelation.

Oh, I didn't realize these were the guys who gave us Roger Goodell. Consider me reassured.

I just want this firm to be able to find someone tall, sturdy, hardended/steely, and handsome that once enjoyed the glory of playing the sport of Football. One of these Men is pretty much the only way I could see this situation turning around. My suggestion would be the latest kid from the latest and greatest team, though the level of success of the previous team can vary so long as publications agree that this franchise does things the Right Way, which is of course to hire Football Men to run the Football Show.

Overdid it.

Completely different. The commish handles the business of the nfl being one of the biggest entertainment brands in the world, juggling lots of different balls, none of which are talent evaluation and player personnel decisions. I want a high powered CEO type or one of the great corporate managers running the nfl, I do not want him running my team's draft board.

This is so hopeless. A headhunting firm? For a f#cking GM? Where's stoicsentry to reassure me that Woody is plugged in around the league, and has a single person he can call to get a few names to replace Tannenbaum? He can't text John Mara to ask about Marc Ross? He can't call Bob Kraft for some advice? Instead, he has to hire a firm that spends its time recruiting Citibank execs?

This is so hopeless. A headhunting firm? For a f#cking GM? Where's stoicsentry to reassure me that Woody is plugged in around the league, and has a single person he can call to get a few names to replace Tannenbaum? He can't text John Mara to ask about Marc Ross? He can't call Bob Kraft for some advice? Instead, he has to hire a firm that spends its time recruiting Citibank execs?

Roger Goodell brah.

Could have saved himself a few hundred thousand in fees and just skimmed the fan boards and the twittah.

If he ends up hiring Bill Polian anyway, Woody should be forced to sell. What this tells me is that he wants to find a cheap, second-tier option that will have extremely limited power, and who will work with Tannenbaum.

If he ends up hiring Bill Polian anyway, Woody should be forced to sell. What this tells me is that he wants to find a cheap, second-tier option that will have extremely limited power, and who will work with Tannenbaum.

You hit it on the head. Any serious football guy with clout or in demand will not want to deal with the current front office/coaching/player regime. He is looking for a corporate or outsider who would just be excited to be an nfl team gm.

Archived