**Official NY Jets General Manager Discussion Thread** (MERGED)

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone get the feeling that because this is being conducted by a search firm, that this will be a protracted process, meaning that qualified candidates will be taking jobs as the Jets go through a "process"?

I would imagine it would be based on the mandate that Woody has given them and the deadline with it.

After all, he is their client.

If Woody likes having Rex around so much, he should offer him a job as his butler--at the same pay rate, of course. You cannot hamstring a new GM like this. We should have a GM who does not want to run a 3-4, who wants an offensive minded head coach, and who wants a tight ship (no leaks). Rex dies bit fukk any if tghiose requirements. If we pick our GM to match Rex's coaching requirements, where have we progressed exactly. We would need a troglodyte GM.

Does anyone get the feeling that because this is being conducted by a search firm, that this will be a protracted process, meaning that qualified candidates will be taking jobs as the Jets go through a "process"?

I think Woody is a stupid football person and needs as much help from others that he can get.

I think its a good move now. Keep that footballstupid owner out of the process for as long as possible and have a search committee find the best possible person for the job.

Early prediction on my part-It will be Tom Heckert ultimately signed.

It will give Woody someone that has experience, it will be someone that other teams won't snap up quickly, and Heckert won't have many other options. Just a guess at this point.

I think its a surprise and we get Giants Marc Ross.

Woody finally waved flag.

Ex Giants GM Arcorsi hired by panthers to find new GM. He recommended Ross #1. Owner Richardson/Panthers were in negotiations and Ross pulled out the other day.

Seems odd unless he found out he could get a GM job and not have to move his family ;)

I think its a surprise and we get Giants Marc Ross.

Woody finally waved flag.

Ex Giants GM Arcorsi hired by panthers to find new GM. He recommended Ross #1. Owner Richardson/Panthers were in negotiations and Ross pulled out the other day.

Seems odd unless he found out he could get a GM job and not have to move his family ;)

Interesting thought process. The Jets have supposedly been talking with this firm about the position for over a month.

I would be interested to find out. This is all compounded by a terrible economy and having two super bowl winning teams in or close to your market.

As promised:

$650 Million in outstanding debt under "Jets Stadium Development LLC," which New York Jets LLC is the obligor.

I excluded any retired debt, so these are all outstanding issues:

• $200M - private placement - floating - Quarterly US Libor + .50 - Maturity 4/1/2047 - Sinkable Call 4/1/2013 @ 102 (ie can be paid off on this date using fund already set aside to assure the bonds are repaid)
  • $85M - private placement - auction - 0.9% - 4/1/2047 - Sinkable Call 1/31/13 @ 103
  • $97.5 M - private placement - auction - 0.9% - 4/1/2047 - Sinkable Call 1/31/13 @ 103
  • $200M - Reg S (foreign investors) - Euro dollar - Floating Quarterly Libor + .50 - Maturity 4/1/47 - Sinkable Call 4/1/13 @ 102
  • $85M - Private Placement - auction - 0.9% - 4/1/2047 - Sinkable Call 1/31/13 @ 103
  • $85M - Private Placement - auction - 0.9% - 4/1/2047 - Sinkable Call 1/31/13 @ 103
  • $97.5M - Reg S- Eurodollar - auction - coupon undisclosed - 4/1/47 - sinkable call undisclosed
  • $97.5 M - private placement - auction - 0.9% - 4/1/2047 - Sinkable Call 1/31/13 @ 103
  • $97.5M - Reg S Eurodollar - auction - 0.9% - 4/1/47 - sinkable call undisclosed
  • $85M - Reg S Eurodollar - undisclosed coupon - 4/1/47 - sinkable call undisclosed
  • $85M - Reg S Eurodollar - undisclosed coupon - 4/1/47 - sinkable call undisclosed

As promised:

$650 Million in outstanding debt under "Jets Stadium Development LLC," which New York Jets LLC is the obligor.

I excluded any retired debt, so these are all outstanding issues:

• $200M - private placement - floating - Quarterly US Libor + .50 - Maturity 4/1/2047 - Sinkable Call 4/1/2013 @ 102 (ie can be paid off on this date using fund already set aside to assure the bonds are repaid)
  • $85M - private placement - auction - 0.9% - 4/1/2047 - Sinkable Call 1/31/13 @ 103
  • $200M - Reg S (foreign investors) - Euro dollar - Floating Quarterly Libor + .50 - Maturity 4/1/47 - Sinkable Call 4/1/13 @ 102
  • $97.5M - Reg S- Eurodollar - auction - coupon undisclosed - 4/1/47 - sinkable call undisclosed
  • $97.5M - Reg S Eurodollar - auction - 0.9% - 4/1/47 - sinkable call undisclosed

Awesome work! Thanks! Most Billionaires are Billionaires on paper and carry a tremendous amount of debt through their businesses that create profit. Ofcourse this debt is tied to an asset that most likely has equity in it (asset vs liability). But who knows how his cash flow is going with this franchise considering the bad economy, and a bad franchise.

Awesome work! Thanks! Most Billionaires are Billionaires on paper and carry a tremendous amount of debt through their businesses that create profit. Ofcourse this debt is tied to an asset that most likely has equity in it (asset vs liability). But who knows how his cash flow is going with this franchise considering the bad economy, and a bad franchise.

Any NFL owner has positive cashflow, if you discount ammortized debt.

Correct, with TV contracts, with merchandising, Woody should have a positive cash flow, unless he is totally inept. It is hard to lose money s an NFL owner in today's climate

He has additional debt to pay for (the loans listed) He has to make payments on them every month, or week or year. He also took out that debt expecting a certain cash flow from ticket sales. Those sales are not what were expected. I'm sure it is positive - but not as positive as you might think and certainly not as positive as other owners without that debt.

He has additional debt to pay for (the loans listed) He has to make payments on them every month, or week or year. He also took out that debt expecting a certain cash flow from ticket sales. Those sales are not what were expected. I'm sure it is positive - but not as positive as you might think and certainly not as positive as other owners without that debt.

All I said is that he has "positive" cash flow. If he does not, he is a horrible businessman

All I said is that he has "positive" cash flow. If he does not, he is a horrible businessman

Then every business owner in america must be "horrible" businessmen since they all go through it at one time or another. He took out a loan for a stadium in a bad economy, for a team that hasn't won much in the last two years. I'm sure all of his sales are down. Meanwhile you see the debt he needs to pay on annually.

Then every business owner in america must be "horrible" businessmen since they all go through it at one time or another. He took out a loan for a stadium in a bad economy, for a team that hasn't won much in the last two years. I'm sure all of his sales are down. Meanwhile you see the debt he needs to pay on annually.

Revenue is at an all time high in the NFL. TV money, Interactive money, merchandising monies have not been affected by the economy. They actually have grown at record rates.

Again, Woody has a positive cash flow

Revenue is at an all time high in the NFL. TV money, Interactive money, merchandising monies have not been affected by the economy. They actually have grown at record rates.

Again, Woody has a positive cash flow

In a good year a team makes about 7 million off of Jersey sales (depends on the team).

TV revenue pays for the player salaries, plus about 10 million a year.

Most of the money above and beyond comes off of tickets, parking, and hot dogs. The NFL is off in this area.

http://bleacherrepor...-blackout-rules

The Jets operating income (Income after expenses - but before interest and taxes) was 27 million in 2011. Not a lot of room to wiggle with.

http://www.forbes.co.../new-york-jets/

I debated on including that tidbit, but now that you asked, the payments are the 4th Saturday of every month.

I'm by no means a bond guru, but in terms of the debt based on quarterly LIBOR, which he is paying +50, he is paying less in interest on those now than he was in 2007, so he's actually better off now on those. The auction rate bonds were offered at 0.9%, but it is not listed at what they were actually priced at on placement, since they were all Rule 144a private placement.

Also, all that debt is callable, ie can be repaid in full, at 103% of principal as soon as April 2013. I'd be shocked to see him do that to 650 Million in debt but he can certainly begin to pay it down. It's not like he needs to maintain good faith with the investing public until about 25 years from now, when they'll think again about a new stadium.

Cash flow is a funny thing. In my accounting 101 class, our CPA thought that cash flow statements were worthless documents that were included in GAAP due to public pressure. Who knows how they are amortizing the debt- straight line? It doesn't really matter, they aren't public and get a lot of tax incentives I think from the NJSEA as well. Lets not kid ourselves, they make a shtload of money, and the bonds are backed by a $1Billion plus New York sports franchise.

In a good year a team makes about 7 million off of Jersey sales (depends on the team).

Most of the money above and beyond comes off of tickets, parking, and hot dogs. The NFL is off in this area.

The Jets operating income (Income after expenses - but before interest and taxes) was 27 million. Not a lot of room to wiggle with.

I may not be the brightest guy, but I believe that constitutes a positive cash flow.

The Jets operating income (Income after expenses - but before interest and taxes) was 27 million. Not a lot of room to wiggle with.

Thanks for that. Expenses include debt service, so they are cash positive. Plus, we don't know how much the NYJ have in free cash, either.

Correction: Did not see that you were using EBIT...so they may not necessarily be cash positive!!!

I may not be the brightest guy, but I believe that constitutes a positive cash flow.

That was in 2011. You think ticket sales and stadium sales increased in 2012? Like Bleeding said, we do not know how much "cash" the Jets have. Could be that Woody bleed them dry before the stadium. 27 million after taxes can dry up quickly. Mike Tyson made more.

That was in 2011. You think ticket sales and stadium sales increased in 2012? Like Bleeding said, we do not know how much "cash" the Jets have. Could be that Woody bleed them dry before the stadium. 27 million after taxes can dry up quickly. Mike Tyson made more.

here you go-I supplied you information that The Jets have a positive cash flow. Now you provide a source that says they do not.

See above- did not catch you using EBIT--- my accounting is rusty at best...they may not be cash positive!

Archived