EDIT: Jets Draft Pick

Lupz27

drafting that high, they should get a "scheme-diverse" player. I.e. JJ Watt would be a beast in any scheme. they get someone who can rush the passer, it doesn't matter what system he plays in... for 2014 Teddy Bridgewater is head and shoulders above all of these QB prospects.

If we can find a decent trade partner I think we will trade down.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably true but its not going to happen. Teams don't trade their TWO best players in one offseason. Keep Cro, trade Revis for 2014/2015 picks when he's proven he's healthy.

I don't think you have to actually play Revis in order to show he's healthy and marketable. There's no question about his ability, talent and body of work. With today's sports medicine, a comprehensive exam and workout is all it should take to convince a team that he is sound.

I don't think you have to actually play Revis in order to show he's healthy and marketable. There's no question about his ability, talent and body of work. With today's sports medicine, a comprehensive exam and workout is all it should take to convince a team that he is sound.

what would you accept as a trade deal for Revis and who would you draft with those picks?

My opinion: there's no one they could get in this draft that would replace his value to the team.

what would you accept as a trade deal for Revis and who would you draft with those picks?

My opinion: there's no one they could get in this draft that would replace his value to the team.

agree, but we couldnt trade him for full value until after draft. he has to prove he is back physically (camp/preseason/1st few games of year) or we will get low balled in offers. Picks would be for 2014

Other than being from USC what are the knocks on Barkley? Being a four year starter is a plus IMO. He can throw it. If managed properly I think he could do well.

Coming off a shoulder injury, name one USC QB that has done anything in the NFL since 2000, a guy that had a bad year and a falling stock.

Coming off a shoulder injury, name one USC QB that has done anything in the NFL since 2000, a guy that had a bad year and a falling stock.

Before Peyton there was Shuler. Before Rodgers there was Boller. I'm not saying Barkley will be Rodgers or Peyton but to dismiss him because of school affiliation would be wrong. I know the USC history is poor, but Palmer was doing well before the injury.

Other than being from USC what are the knocks on Barkley? Being a four year starter is a plus IMO. He can throw it. If managed properly I think he could do well.

Barkley doesn't suck, but he's nothing special. OK arm. Not phyiscally imposing. His OL was bad this year which explains his regression a bit.

He's basically Mark Sanchez with 4 years starting experience.

Two 1's and two 2's -- just for starters -- plus mid-round picks, and obviously over more than one draft. There is no doubt that Revis is hands-down the best talent on the team. And, it's not even close. But assessing his actual value to the team has to be taken within context of the reality that we are in salary-cap league and how his next contract effects that in both the near and long term. As good as he is, the secondary was just fine without him this season, and that is with that waste of a 1st round pick Wilson playing. Put a decent corner opposite Cro then add a safety who can cover and we will have no problems with the secondary. This team has too many needs to cripple itself with Revis' contract and miss the opportunity to stockpile fresh meat. Not a commentary on Revis, but the nature of the way the league works.

Round 1: Chance Warmack, G, Alabama

Warmack, the most dominant interior blocker in the SEC in years, is perhaps the most sure thing in the 2013 draft.

Round 2: Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama

You don't draft guards number 9 overall. You just don't. If they trade back, maybe. I don't see them drafting a RB before round 3 either. Other holes to fill.

Put a decent corner opposite Cro then add a safety who can cover and we will have no problems with the secondary.

if the Jets trade a corner it should be Cro. he's got no technique and is pure athlete. The second he loses a step he's gonna be worthless. He's coming off a Pro Bowl selection and that's the guy you want to deal. Trade Cro at a high, keep Revis long term. Revis was never fast he's gonna be the same player for a decade.

if the Jets trade a corner it should be Cro. he's got no technique and is pure athlete. The second he loses a step he's gonna be worthless. He's coming off a Pro Bowl selection and that's the guy you want to deal. Trade Cro at a high, keep Revis long term. Revis was never fast he's gonna be the same player for a decade.

Don't usually agree with you but this would be the ideal situation. He has also been a better citizen which would make him a more desirable trade piece.

You don't draft guards number 9 overall. You just don't. If they trade back, maybe. I don't see them drafting a RB before round 3 either. Other holes to fill.

Thank you. A guard is a reach in round one, and absurd in the top 10. Gotta find an impact player there, and that let's out the guards. As much as I'd love to see them improve on offense, a pass rusher there makes a lot of sense, too.

Wouldn't mind a RB high, though. I think it's a major need.

New GM has to figure out what he wants to do. Revis is going to be extremely expensive, and he's also going to be very valuable as trade bait. I agree with you that the Jets won't get fair value back for him, but clearing that cap space has value, too. If they can use the $12M or so Revis would command on a free agent QB in 2014, that alone has value. Add a first round pick plus, and it becomes a decent deal for the team.

And I love Revis, contract demands and all.

Completely different ballgame. The only way I'd trade Revis is for a massive haul in return. Cro isn't going to bring much at all. Also, sign Revis long term and you still invest disproportionate salary in a single player -- long term salary cap hell.

Ya someone here that gets it, should be healthy my may/june and he will command a nice package of picks

there is no question this is true, but it is also true that seeing him actually play could only increase offer. also if a team suffers a injury late in camp or 1st month of season a proven back to old Revis player might actually command more. But it would be 2014 picks. But I agree we could get something in in May. It just wont be maximum offer IMO. We arent goin anywhere in 2013 so what is hurry ;)

Downsid eis he passes all physicals but on field player suffers. Crapshoot I guess :) Nuthin is black and white. always variables that will alter reality

Two 1's and two 2's -- just for starters -- plus mid-round picks, and obviously over more than one draft. There is no doubt that Revis is hands-down the best talent on the team. And, it's not even close. But assessing his actual value to the team has to be taken within context of the reality that we are in salary-cap league and how his next contract effects that in both the near and long term. As good as he is, the secondary was just fine without him this season, and that is with that waste of a 1st round pick Wilson playing. Put a decent corner opposite Cro then add a safety who can cover and we will have no problems with the secondary. This team has too many needs to cripple itself with Revis' contract and miss the opportunity to stockpile fresh meat. Not a commentary on Revis, but the nature of the way the league works.

You on crack bro. What team is going to give up two 1s and two 2s FOR a cb coming off major knee surgery that will command more than $15M per year?

Aint happening.

More realistic - some team that is on the cusp of a SB run offers a 2nd round pick for Revis.

Either way he MUST be traded. Who gives up the best package of picks. And if at the end of the day, the best package is a 2nd rounder - peace.

I'd consider selling Cro for a future 2nd round pick too.

This team is years away. The run with this crew ended two years ago - we just didnt know it then.

Get a competent GM. Stockpile as many picks as possible. Draft a QB in 2014 after another $Hit year in 13.

You on crack bro. What team is going to give up two 1s and two 2s FOR a cb coming off major knee surgery that will command more than $15M per year?

Aint happening.

More realistic - some team that is on the cusp of a SB run offers a 2nd round pick for Revis.

Either way he MUST be traded. Who gives up the best package of picks. And if at the end of the day, the best package is a 2nd rounder - peace.

I'd consider selling Cro for a future 2nd round pick too.

This team is years away. The run with this crew ended two years ago - we just didnt know it then.

Get a competent GM. Stockpile as many picks as possible. Draft a QB in 2014 after another $Hit year in 13.

:rl: It's not too late for you to apply for the GM position. If a 2nd for Revis is "more realistic" you are living in a very interesting alternative universe.

Completely different ballgame. The only way I'd trade Revis is for a massive haul in return. Cro isn't going to bring much at all. Also, sign Revis long term and you still invest disproportionate salary in a single player -- long term salary cap hell.

Disagree. Just guessing here, but without doing the math, Cro is a #1 CB on about 20-25 teams right now. That's worth quite a bit.

that can be said about any all pro.

Sure, that is absolutely true. But I would be more inclined to spending that dog choking mutha load of scratch on a more impactful type of player, like an all-pro QB for example. Take a look at this link: 2012 defense vs types of receivers -- it is as of week 16 but close enough to a full season's work. As great as Revis is, and he is great, we do not seem have missed all that much this season. Aside from the Jets' overall #9 ranking in weighted pass defense, we ranked #3 against opposing team's #1 wide receivers and #22 against opposing #2 WR's. No surprise we are also not good against TE's and RB's with our sluggish LB corps (#13 and #19 respectively). I am not a big stat geek, but this certainly jibes with what I saw on the field this year. Point is, we did not have problems against the guys Revis would have been covering had he been in the lineup. Would we have ranked #1 against opposing #1 WR's with Revis? Probably. Is it worth tying up all that money for the difference? Not in my book.

EDIT: Here's the link http://www.footballo...m/stats/teamdef

I don't think anyone is going to take that chance before April, no matter how far in the rehabilitiation process Revis is at that point. And we certainly wouldn't get enough value back.

:rl: It's not too late for you to apply for the GM position. If a 2nd for Revis is "more realistic" you are living in a very interesting alternative universe.

A 2nd round pick is more realistic than thinking were getting two 1s and two 2. If you think otherwise, your clueless.

But I will entertain your nonsense. So name the team that will: Trade multiple first and second round picks FOR a cb guy coming off major knee surgery that will hit the open market at the end of 2013 commanding north of $15M?

If all you can get for Revis is a 2nd round pick then there is zero reason to trade Revis.

You prefer losing him for nothing?

Wake up people - this team is in for another garbage season (5 or 6 wins) in 2013. What the hell is the point of having Revis all year to watch him leave as a free agent?

This guy is not taking any discount - and we cant pay him $15M+ it will take.

And now that he is only a year from free agency and knows he cannot be tagged (nice parting gift to us fans from Tanny) he will not sign any sort of extension with anyone.

Wait. How about we don't trade Revis? I remember people going crazy when we missed out on Winfield, John Lynch, Nnamdi...now we have a HOF corner and we want to dump him for some hit-or-miss draft picks? This is the problem with this Jekyl and Hyde team, and its trickled down to the fanbase. Mangini's too uptight..let's hire the biggest loudmouth in the league! Pennington has a weak arm...let's go get Brett "the Gunslinger" Favre. Too many moderate talents with "good guy" labels...lets get super talents with no common sense! Cotchery? Blah! Gimme Mason! And Paxico! and Holmes! Danny Woodhead? Hell no! I want Joe McKnight! Whatever we have...I want the opposite! The complete polar opposite! That's how we win the big one!

Archived