EDIT: Jets Draft Pick

Lupz27

I never suggested taking a one trick pony pass rushing OLB. I'm talking about taking someone that has speed( which our current ones Pace and Thomas do not), but is strong and able to play all downs. Unless that big time playmaker type offensive player is there then this is what I would go with.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the current scores hold the Jets would be in a 3 way tie for 8th with Buffalo and Tennessee with the Jets finishing 2nd so they would pick 9th.

San Diego(if they lose) > Bufalo > NYJ >Tenn > Arizona(if they win)

If SD loses then we're 10th.

If Arizona wins then we're 8th.

If both loses then we're 9th.

If both win then it's the same if Arizona wins, 8th.

If the current scores hold the Jets would be in a 3 way tie for 8th with Buffalo and Tennessee with the Jets finishing 2nd so they would pick 9th.

San Diego(if they lose) > Bufalo > NYJ >Tenn > Arizona(if they win)

If SD loses then we're 10th.

If Arizona wins then we're 8th.

If both loses then we're 9th.

If both win then it's the same if Arizona wins, 8th.

no chance arizona wins....we will pick ninth

If you cut or trade Sanchez you won't be able to afford to "snag" a veteran and carry 4 QBs. That's silly, as is drafting multiple Qbs in hopes that one of them hits. There are holes at OG, OT, TE, WR, RB etc etc etc that need to be addressed to and there won't be much money to do it with.

1) All those needs would mean much less if we have a real QB. You don't draft for need in the NFL. You draft QB's, pass-rushers and otherwise take BPA.

2) A veteran like Hasselbeck or Smith wouldn't cost all that much. We'll be dumping salaries left and right this offseason (or SHOULD be anyways) and will have enough cap space. You can't have the distraction of Sanchez on the roster. If a new regime comes in, no chance Sanchez will still be around.

Any QB in this draft will be a clipboard holder if management is smart. A good GM should be able to identify quality QB, RB and LB prospects in rounds 2 and 3. I want to see some volume in rounds 2 through 4 over the next two to three years. Trading up and putting all our eggs in one basket has cost this team dearly.

Archived