Report: GM Mike Tannenbaum FIRED (MERGED)

gangreenman

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-Well, Rex did such a great job in picking Sparano

-Where are the links that the FO forced Rex to play certain players?

-Rex was integral in choosing Sanchez as his QB. Reports are that Rex also had major play on personnel picks, with a few exceptions.

As I said, I don't have a problem with you assigning that blame on him and wanting him gone. I just think that it's unfair and incorrect to act like he can't be a successful head coach. There were plenty of links about those things. I don't tend to put much faith in them, but I also don't get up in arms that people aren't getting cut or fired over quotes that might be from the janitor. We don't know what happens behind the scenes, but we all want to ascribe blame. This team played hard despite some pathetic failings. Maybe it's his fault they failed and maybe it's his fault they played hard. Maybe both, maybe neither.

I have said it about a dozen times, I have no problem agreeing to disagree on Rex. I think the proper thing to do is to keep him on, hire a serious GM and let the GM interview him and whoever the **** he wants and decide. Firing him immediately would be stupid because not only are we still on the hook for his salary, but he could have a DC job in about 3 minutes and probably a new head job before the draft.

my biggest Rex is issue is on field persona reference bad play, again as per analogy below:

Parcells has told and Phil Simms has backed up on a few occasions about player fear. Tuna would say "These players have millions and get on a plane after game to fly to Caribbean with 2/3 days off. They dont really feel the pain of mistakes like other workers. The only thing I have to 'motivate' them is fear of humiliation. Humiliation on national TV. They know with me I will chew them out when the come off field after mistake in front of millions. They do NOT like that." Simms has verified that after a mistake Giants players would walk off field at 10 yd line to avoid meeting Tuna and his wrath. It works.

When was last time we saw Rex chew a player out for a mistake?? Rare, if EVER. ZERO accountability."

Dude, posting it twice doesn't it make it right. Chewing a player out on the field is bush league. When was the last time Tuna won a playoff game? 1965?

I have said it about a dozen times, I have no problem agreeing to disagree on Rex. I think the proper thing to do is to keep him on, hire a serious GM and let the GM interview him and whoever the **** he wants and decide. Firing him immediately would be stupid because not only are we still on the hook for his salary, but he could have a DC job in about 3 minutes and probably a new head job before the draft.

BUT I WANT BLOOD AND ULTRA QUICK REACTIONS SO WE CAN STOP BEING THE JETS!

FYI, every single person who posts or even just lurks here is sick of the mon shtick, mon.

incorrect. i think it's much funnier than anything you've ever written.

Dude, posting it twice doesn't it make it right. Chewing a player out on the field is bush league. When was the last time Tuna won a playoff game? 1965?

lighten up frances, it's the holidays.

OK, sorry to upset u, LOL

he's a lawyer, what do you expect ;)

I know what he is saying, but it doesn't mean sh*t. First of all, the way the front office ran things was bad for Rex. Forced the OC on him. Possibly telling him who to play - reports of this both at QB and OG. I don't see many backups that deserve more time. At WR? Who? At QB? Who? McElroy proved that the other day. Sanchez is totally in the sh*tter. He throws the ball like he is angry at the floor and McElroy really wasn't an improvement. That seems like GM stuff to me. He also seems to farm out the O, but on the D, plenty of guys were seeing reductions and switches in their playing time - at LB, at DB and along the line. Nobody notices that though, because he never says anything bad about the players. No, let's celebrate that fat gunt having bastard making an ass out of the team and himself.

Problem is Rex Ryan is his father's son, He refuses to grasp you have to throw the ball effectively to win, he doesn't like the forward pass, and he thinks it's 1975 and he will pull that 3 yards and a could of dust crap. The rules beg you to pass. Trying to get down the field with 7 or 8 first downs is not going to work. And for some reason since Parcells left the jets organization has had one HC after another than doesn't like throwing the ball spare the Favre season.

Rex Ryan is his father's son; he doesn't like offense. Both have some genetic tick that passing is bad. He bragged before yesterday about his beloved #2-ranked pass defense. Big deal; the Jets don;t score 2 TDs most games. Wait around long enough and Sanchez will do the work of the opposition.

Rex Ryan is a beeper salesman in an iphone world.

It will not work. Even a total homer like Greg Buttle has given up the ghost. You have to pass. You have to outscore teams to win more than 6 games. If he doesn't Sanchez to throw it, fine, get someone in here you do trust and spare us the vilolins about how Sanchez gives you the best chance to win. Ryan doens't trust him to throw more than 5 yards. Ground and pound my ass; more like grunt and punt.

There's no fvkcing point. We will be back here a year form now, if not sooner, to see Ryan canned. As he should be today.

You have got to be kidding, Tom.

Az, Jax, Cle, and Carolina are NFL sewers. KC has a worse team in place than NY. Only SD might be more attractive, and that's only because living in SD would be cool.

NY is a big time high profile job, and while 2013 looks like crap, the new executive will be able to start molding the team in his image -from the HC on down- as soon as 2014. It's exactly the kind of job that someone with ability and ego would want.

San Diego and Carolina start you off with pretty good quarterbacks in low-pressure environments with sweet weather. Cleveland and Jacksonville are sh*tholes, but they're clean slates from Day One. Arizona has Larry Fitzgerald and a nice, young defense and sweet weather.

The Jets, however, give you a coach and a quarterback that can't be touched, a malignant WR that happens to be the only impact player on an oddly highly-compensated offense, you get no cap room and, in exchange for eeking out seven wins in 2013, you get the honor of rebuilding the defense (outside of Coples, Wilkerson and your $100 million dollar defensive backfield).

But, if the new GM has the option of firing Rex and starting the purge in 2013, I think that's the more appealing option by far. If you're a valued GM candidate and your first mandate is keeping a coach who lost the team two seasons in a row because the owner owes him a few mil, that's enough cause to learn to like Cleveland.

Problem is Rex Ryan is his father's son, He refuses to grasp you have to throw the ball effectively to win, he doesn't like the forward pass, and he thinks it;s 1975 and he will pull that 3 yards and a could of dust crap. The rules besg you to pass. Trying to get down the field with 7 or 8 first downs is not going to work. And for some reason since Parcells left the jets organization has had one HC after another than doesn't like throwing the ball spare the Favre season.

Rex Ryan is his father's son; he doesn't like offense. Both have some genetic tick that passing is bad. He bragged before yesterday baout his beloved #2-ranked pass defense. Big deal; the Jets don;t score 2 TDs most games. Wait around long enough and Sanchez will do the work of the opposition.

Rex Ryan is a beeper salesman in an iphone world.

It will not work. Even a total homer like Greg Buttle has given up the ghost. You have to pass. You have to outscore teams to win more than 6 games. If he doesn't Sanchez to throw it, fine, get someone in here you do trust and spare us the vilolins about how Sanchez gives you the best chance to win. Ryan doens't trust him to throw more than 5 yards. Ground and pound my ass; more like grunt and punt.

There's no fvkcing point. We will be back here a year form now, if not sooner, to see Ryan canned. As he should be today.

all true but then why not hire an OC with a modern philosophy and give that person the autonomy to implement his system? ego or result of rex lobbying to devote disproportionate resources on the D?

Did you guys get to the part where, at some point today, Kim Jones reported talking to Sanchez and to paraphrase, he said he talked to Rex and expects to compete for the starting job next year.

****ing Rex had all of me like the slut I am, and then lost it all due to his manlove for Sanchez...He needs to take a ****ing hike along with Tanny...

all true but then why not hire an OC with a modern philosophy and give that person the autonomy to implement his system? ego or result of rex lobbying to devote disproportionate resources on the D?

And there's the problem; any GM worth his salt is going to want to at least get a year to get his coach in there,install his systems, dump salary and stockpile picks and cap room. In cotrast this GM's first year goes from an accepted down time/honeymoom to an inevitable confrontation with a lame duck coach trying to eke out a playoff berth with roughly the same aging and expensive personnel.If they even broach trading Revis or Cro, Rex will not be happy. He has no interest in 2014 and beyond.

I speak only for me. I KNOW the Jets aren't winning anything next year. And instead of cleaning up the mess Johnson is going to let Wrecks Ryan keep making a mess for another season, And there's no point to that. Polian and Casserly, to name 2 qualified expereinced GM cadndidates,aren't going for that.

And there's the problem; any GM worth his salt is going to want to at least get a year to get his coach in there,install his systems, dump salary and stockpile picks and cap room. In cotrast this GM's first year goes from an accepted down time/honeymoom to an inevitable confrontation with a lame duck coach trying to eke out a playoff berth with roughly the same aging and expensive personnel.If they even broach trading Revis or Cro, Rex will not be happy. He has no interest in 2014 and beyond.

I speak only for me. I KNOW the Jets aren't winning anything next year. And instead of cleaning up the mess Johnson is going to let Wrecks Ryan keep making a mess for another season, And there's no point to that. Polian and Casserly, to name 2 qualified expereinced GM cadndidates,aren't going for that.

only hope is rex get mangini'd after 2013 by the new GM

Sorry, SJ. I hate Tuna, not you. Have a Happy New Year!

How did he ever win?

I hate Tuna for breaking promise to leave Jets totally and let Belly have complete control when he stepped down.

He decides to stay as Prez and Belly rightfully resigns from Jets on day One.

if Belly goes 2-4 Tuna comes back. Even if Belly did well, it would always be Tuna's team.

Tunas ego and lie changed Pats/Jets history forever :(

I hate Tuna for breaking promise to leave Jets totally and let Belly have complete control when he stepped down.

if Belly goes 2-4 Tuna comes back. Even if Belly did well, it would always be Tuna's team.

I hated him long before that, but yeah, that too.

I hate everything when I really think about it long enough...

So Rex has made more personnel dicisions and has a major fault in the makeup of the team? Probably. Which means we fired the right guy. A real GM assumes as much decision making as he can. Any coach, given the opportunity, will build his own squad his own way. The GM is the one who implements the plan, and assumes responsibilty for the personnel ultimately. Tanny was the consummate "yes-man". Eventually, being Woody's lapdog wore thin and he was exposed as a fine lawyer and accountant, but a clueless boob as far as football decisions. He let Rex and Mangini pull the strings because he was out of his depth. Mangini did a nice job with the personnel, drafting and FA's. So Tanny looked like a genius. Mangold, Brick, Leon Washington, Brad and Eric Smith, Revis, Harris, T-Rich, D. Woody, Alan Faneca, Thomas Jones, Dustin Keller, Calvin Pace, Kris Jenkins..Mangini guys that made Tanny look good. But if he was any good, he'd have continued that success. Tanny was only as good as the people around him. Now we need a guy to take the rudder and steer the team, not the other way around.

Jarrett is actually a decent pickup for such a low commit...Teammate of WIlkerson's at tTemple, was a legitimately solid safety prospect overdrafted by the Eagles in the second...

Ok lets just stop now. Back on topic. This team is ****ed regardless of what they do b/c they're run by invalids.

At least USC is getting their ass kicked.

Archived