1. Fine. Then Tannenbaum is rightfully getting fired for listening to Rex, a dumbass personnel evaluator. Doesn't mean that's supposed to be his job. Rex is there to coach the talent he's given, and he does a pretty solid job at that. Give him an average QB and he'd make the playoffs every single season.
2. Fine. He's still GREAT at something. Who was the last Jet HC you could say that about? How many coaches in the league can you say that about?
3. I don't think he did. I think Herm thought he was a capable HC. He wasn't. Meanwhile, Mangini was given the same amount of time that Rex has, and did less with it.
1) Even though most won't agree, I do agree that Rex gets the team to play hard for him. This year there was a HUGE lack of talent, again mostly to do with Rex's past decisions.
2) There are a ton of great coordinators that just cant be head coaches. I think that Rex is one of them unfortunately. I believe this because it seems like he can not fix problems. Rhodes was soft, he trades him. Holmes messes up, no more captains, assistants say stuff behind his back, deny it. ect. ect. ect He just doesn't handle these issues the way a head coach should. What happens if the next GM brings in another Rhodes? What would Rex do then? Could he coach him? The coach has to have heavy say in personnel. It just has to be that way.
3) Herm was a better head coach. Not by much - but he was. And Mangini was only given 3 years. I would have liked to see what he could have done in 2009.