Back to Back Non-Winning Seasons for the First Time Since Kotite

Gen X Jet

With the chance to save Rex's job on the line, the Jets players lost their last three games by a combined score of 69-36 to teams that quit playing hard a month ago. If you bring Rex back, you're guaranteeing yourself an apocalyptic season that will make this one look like a championship run. He will have a defense one year further in decline, he'll be trying to lean on a new offensive coordinator, and, worse, he'll have Sanchez back as the starter if only because he has no better options. It will be a lost year, a wasted season, and easily the most embarrassing one since Kotite's 1-15. You have to fire him.

When are you guys going to start believing?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet merciful crap. I don't care how much you hate Rex, you can't possibly believe this nearly illegible heaping pile of horse sh*t can you?

A 17-16 victory over a team featuring the NFL's GOAT QB qualifies as a defense getting "bailed out" by a QB who threw for under 200 yards and 0 TDs? And remind me about the "very good playoff game" Sanchez had against the Steelers, when the Jets lost by 5 in a game where Sanchez handed the Steelers 7 all by himself while putting up 3 points in the first half.

Even if Rex were the worst head coach in the history of all professional sports, everything you wrote is still complete and utter nonsense.

You let your emotions get in the way of the facts, just like a bitch, blaming Sanchez for the Steelers game is ludicrous, it shows you are way too emotional to evaluate what you watch, maybe you should try something a little more your speed?

You hate Sanchez with such a passion that you attempt to change reality to suit your pre-pubescent teenage girl rants.

You love Rex so much that you ignore his many fatal flaws as a HC, and put all the blame for everything wrong with the Jets on Sanchez.

Are you a pre-pubescent teenage girl? At least you finally came up for air, nice work.

I think Sanchez is absolutely horrible, but that does not change the fact that the offensive talent is not NFL caliber, the offensive coaching is not NFL caliber, Rex is not a HC, he is a not a leader, he is a terrible personnel guy, terrible, he is undisciplined, and his teams are undisciplined.

Rex's decisions since he got here set in motion the team we have today.

In 2011, rather than worrying about keeping together his offense, he wanted to go out and get Nambdi, he let the Oline deteriorate, and filled the roster with receivers that could not get any seperation at all. It was idiotic, asinine, as are you for defending him.

Now, get back to work, Rex probably needs extra loving today.

He had three POS QBs. His options weren't great.

Well, if Sanchez was the worst QB in the NFL, in fact, the worst at QB as anyone has ever been at any job ever, as that very smart poster pointed out, than Rex had two options who are clearly better than Sanchez, and Rex chose not go start them when things still mattered.

I cannot imagine that yesterday Tebow would have given the Jets any less chance of winning than what we saw from Sanchez yesterday.

So back then Mangini drafted - but now Tannenbaum does?

Btw he also drafted Revis, Mangold, DBrick, Keller, Brad Smith, D Harris. Those are just off the top of my head.

Mangini would have had to have gotten a QB too. I know it would not have been Sanchez though since he traded him to the Jets. I guess Mangini did get last laugh.

Yes, Kellen Clemens was awesome and the offense that Rex inherited of Clemens, Jones, Cotch, Stucky and Keller was loaded. That dude could field a roster, no doubt. Just look at all the castaways he took from the Jets in Cleveland. They were awesome for him up there.

Please,

Sanche had very good playoff games in 2010, he carries Rex's sorry ass, he bailed

Out the overrated d in Indy in 2010.

It's comments like this that make you the one of the biggest idiots on the board. My dog knows more than you about Football. And I don't even have a dog.

It's comments like this that make you the one of the biggest idiots on the board. My dog knows more than you about Football. And I don't even have a dog.

yeah yeah yeah.

It's funny, when you and all your moron buddies rant and rave about Sanchez being the absolute worst player in the league, or worse at QB than anyone has ever been at his job before, that makes you guys knowledgeable.

Yet, the HC that you all slobber over, continues to trot out that horrible QB week after week after week, and you love him.

Yeah, thanks Mr. Football, your smart, you really are, I mean that.

And I am the Ahole, you are one of the biggest Aholes on this board, and that is saying a lot, because this board is LOADED with Aholes, congrats!

yeah yeah yeah.

It's funny, when you and all your moron buddies rant and rave about Sanchez being the absolute worst player in the league, or worse at QB than anyone has ever been at his job before, that makes you guys knowledgeable.

Yet, the HC that you all slobber over, continues to trot out that horrible QB week after week after week, and you love him.

Yeah, thanks Mr. Football, your smart, you really are, I mean that.

And I am the Ahole, you are one of the biggest Aholes on this board, and that is saying a lot, because this board is LOADED with Aholes, congrats!

I don't know how I'd compare Rex to Mangini and Herm, all 3 are awful, but the latter 2 never lost locker rooms like this and certainly not to this degree. Herm was just a bad overall coach and never seemed to grasp how to manage a game, Mangini was just stubborn because he thought he was Belichick...Rex though, there are just so many issues that are all so weird. That's the only way to describe all this stuff. I truly think the guy just has some real mental issues. You watch him in these postgame conferences and it looks like he doesn't realize that he's speaking to adults with ears and eyeballs.

Yeah and stuff and some other things.

Yes, Kellen Clemens was awesome and the offense that Rex inherited of Clemens, Jones, Cotch, Stucky and Keller was loaded. That dude could field a roster, no doubt. Just look at all the castaways he took from the Jets in Cleveland. They were awesome for him up there.

This waxing poetic about Mangini is just too much. Back when he was fired, the story from Jet fans was that Tanny made all the smart picks, and Mangini was responsible for Gholston and the Boar Hunter. Funny how this stuff changes over time.

In his first year, on Hard Knocks, he said the brain trust gave him one pick, and that was The Terminator. In this last draft he spoke about not wanting the WR in the second round that Tannenbaum traded up for. I don't know, man. I agree with a lot of JF80's saying in this thread, and have said it myself, if Rex has a strong voice in personnel decisions its because the guys whose job that is suck at their jobs.

Herm and Mangini were awful coaches who might be done coaching forever. I thought Mangini might be able to get front office work, or maybe go the college route, but he's a guy who absolutely sucked as an NFL head coach, and really did nothing at the lower levels, either. Ditto for Herm, who never even had an honorary coordinator title like Mangini had in NE. If Rex gets fired here, he'll coach again in the NFL as soon as he wants to. Teams will line up to sign him as a DC, and he will get HC opportunities again. I get people here hate the guy, but you lose all credibility when you compare him to the previous incompetents.

I still think Rex can be a very effective, successful head coach in this league. He needs to be in a structured environment, reporting to a football executive GM that is clearly his boss. A GM who does all the proverbial grocery shopping, and can serve as a legitimate sounding board for day to day football operations. Rex is an undisciplined man, and is not well designed to be the big boss, but he is a smart x's & o's guy, and is easily the Jets best coach since Parcells.

This waxing poetic about Mangini is just too much. Back when he was fired, the story from Jet fans was that Tanny made all the smart picks, and Mangini was responsible for Gholston and the Boar Hunter. Funny how this stuff changes over time.

In his first year, on Hard Knocks, he said the brain trust gave him one pick, and that was The Terminator. In this last draft he spoke about not wanting the WR in the second round that Tannenbaum traded up for. I don't know, man. I agree with a lot of JF80's saying in this thread, and have said it myself, if Rex has a strong voice in personnel decisions its because the guys whose job that is suck at their jobs.

Herm and Mangini were awful coaches who might be done coaching forever. I thought Mangini might be able to get front office work, or maybe go the college route, but he's a guy who absolutely sucked as an NFL head coach, and really did nothing at the lower levels, either. Ditto for Herm, who never even had an honorary coordinator title like Mangini had in NE. If Rex gets fired here, he'll coach again in the NFL as soon as he wants to. Teams will line up to sign him as a DC, and he will get HC opportunities again. I get people here hate the guy, but you lose all credibility when you compare him to the previous incompetents.

I still think Rex can be a very effective, successful head coach in this league. He needs to be in a structured environment, reporting to a football executive GM that is clearly his boss. A GM who does all the proverbial grocery shopping, and can serve as a legitimate sounding board for day to day football operations. Rex is an undisciplined man, and is not well designed to be the big boss, but he is a smart x's & o's guy, and is easily the Jets best coach since Parcells.

In other words, in order for Rex to succeed we need him to be a coach with training wheels, who needs everything else laid on the table for him in bit size chunks, so that he can properly swallow.

What a ringing endorsement.

In other words, in order for Rex to succeed we need him to be a coach with training wheels, who needs everything else laid on the table for him in bit size chunks, so that he can properly swallow.

What a ringing endorsement.

He's a smart football guy, but lacks focus. His smarts are an asset.

Give him an average QB, and the Jets are in the playoffs or better four straight years. He made it to the AFC Championship Game twice with Mark Sanchez, which is the same number of AFC Championship appearances the franchise had since the AFL-NFL merger prior to Rex being hired. The guy can coach.

In other words, Rex is a DC, not a hC which is exactly what I have been saying.

Parcells instilled in this franchise that the coach has to pick the groceries.

Rex has been picking not only the wrong ingredients, but not great brands either.

Hence the stink

The more I read Jetsfan80's post, the more convinced I am that he is either Rex's agent or his wife with heels on.

-Common knowledge-Rex lost the locker room 2 years in a row, and seems incapable of leading a team

-Jetsfan80- But he can coach defense really well

There are many others right there with him/her.

Jif, Bleeding, tEYbow, and a few others are right there as well, slobbering all over Rex.

He's a smart football guy, but lacks focus. His smarts are an asset.

Give him an average QB, and the Jets are in the playoffs or better four straight years. He made it to the AFC Championship Game twice with Mark Sanchez, which is the same number of AFC Championship appearances the franchise had since the AFL-NFL merger prior to Rex being hired. The guy can coach.

Slats, at the very least, I would expect my HC to command the staff that works underneath him. Let's take a quick look at what has gone on with Rex and his staff the last couple of years:

-His Offensive Line coach feels it is perfectly ok to tell the media that he is "forced' to substitute players he does not want to substitute

-Someone (supposedly Pettine) thinks it is ok to tell every secret to the media

-The strength coach feels that it is his prerogative to trip an opposing player on the sideline during a game

-Rex hires an offensive coordinator even worse than the one before him.

And these are only issues with his STAFF. If you can't tell, Rex has no control over the people he is supposed to lead. He can not even fire people that are detrimental to his own success. Heck, the Eagles fired 2 coaches this year mid-year, because they were disruptions.

If Rex can not even lead his own staff, how can we expect him to lead a team? Even with the training wheels you suggest?

He puts together pretty good defenses considering the alleged talent he has to work with.

What has Rex ever wanted on defense that he has not gotten? Asomugha? Thank God.

Being able to put together "pretty good defenses" does not qualify you to be a head coach, when you fail at so many of the other requisites.

What has Rex ever wanted on defense that he has not gotten? Asomugha? Thank God.

Being able to put together "pretty good defenses" does not qualify you to be a head coach, when you fail at so many of the other requisites.

This is how bad our history is, that Rex who sucks as a HC, but is not as bad as many of our past coaches is now considered some type of God.

Its like a beaten wife. The one day her piece of sh*t husband does not beat her, she says, hey, he is a pretty nice guy.

You let your emotions get in the way of the facts, just like a bitch, blaming Sanchez for the Steelers game is ludicrous, it shows you are way too emotional to evaluate what you watch, maybe you should try something a little more your speed?

You hate Sanchez with such a passion that you attempt to change reality to suit your pre-pubescent teenage girl rants.

You love Rex so much that you ignore his many fatal flaws as a HC, and put all the blame for everything wrong with the Jets on Sanchez.

Are you a pre-pubescent teenage girl? At least you finally came up for air, nice work.

I think Sanchez is absolutely horrible, but that does not change the fact that the offensive talent is not NFL caliber, the offensive coaching is not NFL caliber, Rex is not a HC, he is a not a leader, he is a terrible personnel guy, terrible, he is undisciplined, and his teams are undisciplined.

Rex's decisions since he got here set in motion the team we have today.

In 2011, rather than worrying about keeping together his offense, he wanted to go out and get Nambdi, he let the Oline deteriorate, and filled the roster with receivers that could not get any seperation at all. It was idiotic, asinine, as are you for defending him.

Now, get back to work, Rex probably needs extra loving today.

It's clear I owe an apology to those who are completely lacking of any and all intelligence or those deeply mentally disturbed, because associating you with them was obviously far too great of an insult to them.

You truly are the prefect example of everything a person shouldn't be. What a waste of ****ing life you are.

It's clear I owe an apology to those who are completely lacking of any and all intelligence or those deeply mentally disturbed, because associating you with them was obviously far too great of an insult to them.

You truly are the prefect example of everything a person shouldn't be. What a waste of ****ing life you are.

Nice! I love how you can judge me like that based on a Jets message board!

How nobel of you!

2006: Mangenius and Tanny!!! Finally!!!

2007: Mangini is an idiot and Tanny is the man

2008: Fire Mangini

2009: Mad Scientist Rex and Trader Mike!!!

2010: Rex Ryan is literally a god and Tanny has some work to do

2011: Rex Ryan is a moron and Tanny sucks

2012: Fire them all.

Thats a Jets fan. Winning solves all. Rex gets the Jets back to the playoff next season, everyone's sucking his dick, again.

2006: Mangenius and Tanny!!! Finally!!!

2007: Mangini is an idiot and Tanny is the man

2008: Fire Mangini

2009: Mad Scientist Rex and Trader Mike!!!

2010: Rex Ryan is literally a god and Tanny has some work to do

2011: Rex Ryan is a moron and Tanny sucks

2012: Fire them all.

Thats a Jets fan. Winning solves all. Rex gets the Jets back to the playoff next season, everyone's sucking his dick, again.

You have never stopped....., and I am not interested in squeaking into the playoffs at 9-7, I want home playoff games and a real chance to win a SB.

Thats not true, I love Bleeding.

Anyone who can judge a person based on a Jets message board is AOK in my book!

Yeah, my mistake, you're clearly such a real class act. Let's just review your entire existence at JN shall we:

1. You completely fabricate points in an attempt to justify whatever random position you've decided to take.

2. You are ultimately proven wrong, as your points are shown to have no factual basis.

3. You respond to being proven wrong with childish ramblings that often feature some real disturbing twists, based mostly around your very clear obsession with various homoerotic fantasies.

4. Repeat.

If you are going to be so greatly hurt every time you are proven wrong, perhaps you should learn to actually have a clue what you're talking about when it comes to football. If that is too much to ask, then perhaps you should simply learn to come to grips with the idea of being proven wrong, instead of throwing such demented little fits, as it will continue to happen a whole lot. If neither of those are things you are capable of, then it would really be for the best of this entire board for you to get the **** out of here.

Yeah, my mistake, you're clearly such a real class act. Let's just review your entire existence at JN shall we:

1. You completely fabricate points in an attempt to justify whatever random position you've decided to take.

2. You are ultimately proven wrong, as your points are shown to have no factual basis.

3. You respond to being proven wrong with childish ramblings that often feature some real disturbing twists, based mostly around your very clear obsession with various homoerotic fantasies.

4. Repeat.

If you are going to be so greatly hurt every time you are proven wrong, perhaps you should learn to actually have a clue what you're talking about when it comes to football. If that is too much to ask, then perhaps you should simply learn to come to grips with the idea of being proven wrong, instead of throwing such demented little fits, as it will continue to happen a whole lot. If neither of those are things you are capable of, then it would really be for the best of this entire board for you to get the **** out of here.

All of this happened in your delusional mind.

You take a stand, and out will others, you don't prove them wrong most of the time.

You rant on with ridiculously longwinded posts, and when people don't read them, or don't feel like arguing with you anymore, you declare yourself the victor, congrats.

Where is your trophy case?

And all of this is opinion anyway, I think your opinions are moronic most of the time, just as you think mine are, only a completely self absorbed nut job would make statements like this, that you prove people wrong, when opinions cannot be proved wrong to begin with.

The same type of self absorbed nut job who can judge the worth of a persons life based on a Jets message board.

Get a grip dude, there are things more important than being "proven" right on a Jets message board, you are one sad little dude (or dudette? not sure)

You guys do not like one another avoid engaging. Lets keep this civil

Just to be clear, I've gone out of my way to avoid any and all engagement in conversation with him for the longest time, as I have seen him pulling this same garbage with countless others since the moment he showed up here. I had never said a single word to the nutjob before yesterday and yet all it took was one post of proving him wrong for him to then start responding to every post I make with his homoerotic rants. So you'll have to excuse me if I have no interest in putting up with this nonsense from him, regardless of how many others have or how long it's been allowed to go on.

Just to be clear, I've gone out of my way to avoid any and all engagement in conversation with him for the longest time, as I have seen him pulling this same garbage with countless others since the moment he showed up here. I had never said a single word to the nutjob before yesterday and yet all it took was one post of proving him wrong for him to then start responding to every post I make with his homoerotic rants. So you'll have to excuse me if I have no interest in putting up with this nonsense from him, regardless of how many others have or how long it's been allowed to go on.

I love this guy, proving me wrong, please show me where you "proved" me wrong.

And for the record, I have gotten into it with Jif, and JF80, who are both the same as you. STate their opinions as fact, and bash and berate anyone who does not agree with their OPINION.

Get a grip man, seriously, get a grip.

All of this happened in your delusional mind.

You take a stand, and out will others, you don't prove them wrong most of the time.

You rant on with ridiculously longwinded posts, and when people don't read them, or don't feel like arguing with you anymore, you declare yourself the victor, congrats.

Where is your trophy case?

And all of this is opinion anyway, I think your opinions are moronic most of the time, just as you think mine are, only a completely self absorbed nut job would make statements like this, that you prove people wrong, when opinions cannot be proved wrong to begin with.

The same type of self absorbed nut job who can judge the worth of a persons life based on a Jets message board.

Get a grip dude, there are things more important than being "proven" right on a Jets message board, you are one sad little dude (or dudette? not sure)

Actually, there are these crazy little things out there called "facts" that can be proven wrong. I know you may not understand that, as you very rarely show the ability to actually use facts to form your opinions, but rather try to fabricate your own and think that somehow proves you right. The thing that's so funny, is that you are the one who goes on like a complete lunatic with your demented and disturbing rantings every time someone dares to disagree with you. Yet somehow in all of this you manage to convince yourself that none of these ramblings of yours ever even took place. It's clear you have some very seriously deep-seated issues and are quite mentally disturbed, and whether or not you exhibit them on a Jets message board really makes no difference.

I love this guy, proving me wrong, please show me where you "proved" me wrong.

And for the record, I have gotten into it with Jif, and JF80, who are both the same as you. STate their opinions as fact, and bash and berate anyone who does not agree with their OPINION.

Get a grip man, seriously, get a grip.

Oh sweet irony. You have absolutely no grasp on reality, do you? I mean seriously, there is no single person on this entire message board who is more guilty of what you are accusing others of than you.

Archived