Garbage bag day quotes

F.Chowds

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rich Cimini@RichCimini

Norv Turner fired by Chargers. He's high on Jets' OC list, but that will be a tough get. #Jets

Turner will have his pick of several OC jobs this offseason, with the Jets' being near the bottom in talent pool and under the most scrutiny. Unless he really wants to work with Rex (translation: the Jets offer him well above market value), there's no way he comes here.

Turner will have his pick of several OC jobs this offseason, with the Jets' being near the bottom in talent pool and under the most scrutiny. Unless he really wants to work with Rex (translation: the Jets offer him well above market value), there's no way he comes here.

There is no way any good OC is coming here to work with Rex, who is a bad year from getting fired, in cap hell, and atrocious offensive personnel.

They will have to take a chance on a young OC who nobody else wants who is desperate for a chance.

Mike Tannenbaum releases statement, calls job with Jets 'opportunity of a lifetime'

Former Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum already gave a speech to players and coaches today. Just a few moments ago, he released a statement to the media as well. Here's the statement in full:

I want to thank Woody and his entire family for giving me the opportunity of a lifetime -- serving as the General Manager of the New York Jets for seven years.

I am incredibly grateful to have been a part of rebuilding a winning tradition for Jets fans over the past 15 years. My days with Coach Parcells through my years as General Manager of the team that went to back-to-back AFC Championship games have been the fulfillment of a dream I have had since I was a little kid and I'll always be grateful to Woody, the two head coaches, Rex and Eric, as well as all of the players, staff and the entire organization for this opportunity.

While of course it is disappointing to not achieve the ultimate goal of winning a championship, I am incredibly proud of our overall winning record and success. I feel very fortunate to have been the general manager who drafted cornerstone players during a period that yielded four playoff victories and 22 Pro Bowl appearances.

I appreciate that it is rare for someone to stay with one organization with such a wide range of responsibilities for so many years. My time with the Jets will always be special to me and my family and it has prepared me well for whatever comes next.

There are champions on this team that haven’t been crowned yet. I am confident that the base we've established will allow the New York Jets to continue a winning tradition for years to come and I wish everyone in the organization the best of luck.

Jets and Jags ask to interview Tom Gamble

Posted by Darin Gantt on December 31, 2012, 1:50 PM EST

unknown-e1356979677355.jpeg?w=207

At the moment, Tom Gamble works for one of the league’s more stable franchises.

The 49ers director of player personnel apparently will have a chance to fix two that don’t share that designation.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that both the Jets and Jaguars have asked for permission to interview Gamble for their vacant general manager positions.

The former Bill Polian lieutenant, who also worked for the Eagles, was one of the top names on the personnel market and figured to be in demand quickly.

But while there might only be 32 of those GM jobs, neither seems ideal. In New York, there are expectations, cap problems and no quarterback. In Jacksonville, he might be asked to make Tim Tebow work.

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN

RT @garymyersNYDN I've been told Bill Polian has no interest in Jets GM job. Polian's prickly personality wouldn't go over well in NY. #nyj

Classic douchy Gary Myers move - call someone who not only hasn't been offered the Jets GM job but hasn't even been mentioned as a possible candidate to "gauge his interest." That way when Polian, who knows he is not under consideration, saves face by saying he has no interest, Myers can make the claim that nobody really wants the job.

****ing hack.

Jets and Jags ask to interview Tom Gamble

Posted by Darin Gantt on December 31, 2012, 1:50 PM EST

unknown-e1356979677355.jpeg?w=207

At the moment, Tom Gamble works for one of the league’s more stable franchises.

The 49ers director of player personnel apparently will have a chance to fix two that don’t share that designation.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that both the Jets and Jaguars have asked for permission to interview Gamble for their vacant general manager positions.

The former Bill Polian lieutenant, who also worked for the Eagles, was one of the top names on the personnel market and figured to be in demand quickly.

But while there might only be 32 of those GM jobs, neither seems ideal. In New York, there are expectations, cap problems and no quarterback. In Jacksonville, he might be asked to make Tim Tebow work.

That's the kind of thing the Jets can bring up during the interview, "would you rather work for the team trading Tebow away, or the team trading for him?"

Archived