Hire Norv Turner as OC

TNJet

Hire Norv Turner as OC. Is he a bad head coach yes. Is he a good offfensive mind? No doubt. The one constant wherever Norv went was the ability to score points on offense. Hand him the keys to the O, and let Rex and Pettine take care of the rest. Sounds like a recipe for success to me...after we get a QB ofcourse.

I am not a huge Norv Turner fan but in all seriousness why would Norv Turner want to coach the NYJ?

The HC is likely fired after 2013 and the offense is offensive. It would be 1 and done for Norv in NJ and I don't know that he wants the stink of the Jets offense on his resume.

I don't think can be as bad as it was this year. If they re-sign Edwards you have him Holmes and Kerley at WR, Powell and maybe Greene at RB. Get a QB

And lets assume that we as fans are not the only ones that figured out Hill can't catch and that they're/he is actually working on some type of structured program to correct that.

An improved Hill, Edwards, Holmes, Kerley, and Keller/Cumberland could actually be a performance corps - with someone to throw them the ball.

Having Norv or Wizz to orchestrate that could have us back in the running pretty quickly

And lets assume that we as fans are not the only ones that figured out Hill can't catch and that they're/he is actually working on some type of structured program to correct that.

An improved Hill, Edwards, Holmes, Kerley, and Keller/Cumberland could actually be a performance corps - with someone to throw them the ball.

Having Norv or Wizz to orchestrate that could have us back in the running pretty quickly

yes i say bring smith from the 49rs,he and norv can make this team much better.

Hire Norv Turner as OC. Is he a bad head coach yes. Is he a good offfensive mind? No doubt. The one constant wherever Norv went was the ability to score points on offense. Hand him the keys to the O, and let Rex and Pettine take care of the rest. Sounds like a recipe for success to me...after we get a QB ofcourse.

I like this idea and thought just that when he was let go yesterday. As others have stated I kinda doubt he'd want to come here unless he figures it would look great on his resume if he fixed our massive offensive mess. He was quoted as saying he'd like to be an OC again.

The Norv Turner as offensive guru BS has got to stop at some point.

His entire reputation is based on coaching the Cowboys offense in the 90s. He had quite possibly the greatest collection of talent ever assembled at his disposal - Hall of Fame QB in Aikman, HoF WR in Irvin, HoF RB in Emmit Smith, borderline HoF TE and FB in Novacek and Johnston and maybe the best offensive line ever.

In other words, my sister would be considered an offensive genius if she got to coach that group and this is a girl who used to bring books to the Jets games when we were kids.

Norv Turner as OC - pass. The guy is a loser and a failure and yet somehow still manages to be the most overrated coach on the planet.

Whoever the new GM is, he's going to have a significant role in hiring the new OC. If Rex's hold on the Jets job is as tenuous as some fans here seem to think, the OC job might be very attractive. Whoever the GM hires to be the OC in 2013 would conceivably be the front runner to take over as head coach should they decide to part ways with Rex after the season. Or even during it.

Whoever the new GM is, he's going to have a significant role in hiring the new OC. If Rex's hold on the Jets job is as tenuous as some fans here seem to think, the OC job might be very attractive. Whoever the GM hires to be the OC in 2013 would conceivably be the front runner to take over as head coach should they decide to part ways with Rex after the season. Or even during it.

sanchez limits the ability of the next OC to advance his career in any meaningful way

sanchez wont start next year and he may not even be on Jets IMO

hope you're right -- id dump him and take 100% of the cap hit next year. lost season anyway. problem is rex will be fighting for his job and can't afford the best longterm approach. once the new GM gets on board we'll see whose philosophy wins out...

hope you're right -- id dump him and take 100% of the cap hit next year. lost season anyway. problem is rex will be fighting for his job and can't afford the best longterm approach. once the new GM gets on board we'll see whose philosophy wins out...

agree, but even Rex has to know that a Journeyman QB vet gives him better shot at a W them Sanchez

sanchez wont start next year and he may not even be on Jets IMO

This. Sanchez is a drain on the franchise right now. The new GM needs to figure out how to unload him.

The Jets should bring in a Matt Moore type and a mid round rookie to compete for the starting job next year.

This. Sanchez is a drain on the franchise right now. The new GM needs to figure out how to unload him.

The Jets should bring in a Matt Moore type and a mid round rookie to compete for the starting job next year.

Agree with this 100%. I think a guy like Moore is a perfect holdover type solution, as he's a solid if unspectacular player with experience who could be gotten for relatively cheap on a short deal. A guy like Alex Smith will command much more money and want a long term deal, simply for being a better version of the same type of "game manager" player, which in today's NFL, isn't good enough to get the job done. The Jets just need someone to hold the fort while they continue to look for that long-term solution.

definitely agree with you -- you should call that head hunter and put your hat in the ring for the GM job!

might as well say sign Jesus. wiz and turner have options -- they want no part of this debacle unless woody grossly overpays (LOL).

This debacle has better talent than chargers and cardinals combined. Yes Fitzgerald and Rivers are good...and thats it. Jets players > Cards/Chargers players.

This debacle has better talent than chargers and cardinals combined. Yes Fitzgerald and Rivers are good...and thats it. Jets players > Cards/Chargers players.

not just about the talent. it's about the absolute dysfunctional can't-win situation of a lame duck HC and a new GM that will be chomping at the bit to blow it all apart in 2014

I'm not sure why people are sold on Matt Moore. I guess because he's cheap, but if you're Rex Ryan and a new GM looking to make a splash, why would you bring in a guy who can't even beat out a longshot rookie in Miami? Remember, nobody thought the Dolphins' should have drafted Ryan T as high as they did, and nobody thought he would start in the NFL for a few seasons. Maybe he proved a few people wrong, but Moore also proved that he can't even beat out a kid who nobody thought was ready to play in the NFL, much less start. In all honestly, David Garrard was better than Matt Moore in preseason. It's just that Garrard can't stay healthy.

So bringing in a guy who really was the 3rd best QB on a team with a rookie QB(Ryan T) nobody thought would start his year, and David Garrard is an improvement?

The sad reality is if Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez stay and the Jets sign Matt Moore on the cheap, there is no guarantee he'll beat out Mark Sanchez for the starting job. He wasn't even good enough to beat out a rookie and David Garrard this season.

Archived