Sparano staying?

Joe Jets fan

I can not think of any reason that he has not been fired yet.

Are they waiting for new GM to decide if he stays?

Does Rex think he did a good job?

I am starting to think he is staying, I just threw up in my mouth a little.

lol

woody allowing the new GM to do all the coach staff stuff. he is gone.

Are other clubs allowed to talk to Sparano while he's still on the Jets? If no, they should fire him now, when everybody is looking to hire coaches.

As a head coach of Miami, Sparano did beat the Jets and take his team to the playoffs. He at least deserves respect for that.

You started this thread with a title insinuating you had some news indicating he was staying... and it turns out to be just another Jet fan impatience meets anxiety thread.

When you hear some actual news... let us know.

You started this thread with a title insinuating you had some news indicating he was staying... and it turns out to be just another Jet fan impatience meets anxiety thread.

Ya I was being nice, LOL

why fire him until you are sure you can do better? I know that sounds like "obviously I can", and I agree, I want him out, but the Jets gain nothing by firing him now.

Do better?? A trained chimp could have done a better job. Letting him go is basic addition by subtraction.

Do better?? A trained chimp could have done a better job. Letting him go is basic addition by subtraction.

I say let the new GM come in and decide what he wants to do with coaching. I think Sparano is bad too, but let's not forget the WR core he was working with and the QB he was working with. The WR core isn't his fault. Tannenbaum decided 1 NFL quality WR was enough, and he got hurt early.

I say let the new GM come in and decide what he wants to do with coaching. I think Sparano is bad too, but let's not forget the WR core he was working with and the QB he was working with. The WR core isn't his fault. Tannenbaum decided 1 NFL quality WR was enough, and he got hurt early.

Sanchez was horrible as was the talent around him, but the mass confusion on substitutions as well as some seemingly mindless situational play calling show that he was in over is head. I can't see any way the Jets could justify bringing him back.

Sanchez was horrible as was the talent around him, but the mass confusion on substitutions as well as some seemingly mindless situational play calling show that he was in over is head. I can't see any way the Jets could justify bringing him back.

And how about the basic insanity of anytime Sanchez or Mc got in any type of potential rhythm to build on - he'd trot out Tebow to blast up the 3 gap. Get him TFOH.

Happy new year bro!

like with Schotty. right?

this mess is on the QB not the coaching staff. they could have Bill Walsh coaching the offense and Sanchez would still stink.

agree, but I still dont like Schotty philosophy/approach.

I thought maybe it was all Sanchez related, but I saw some of the same head scratchers when we played Rams this year. Think about it? Our septic laden team still beat the Rams on road :)

I can not think of any reason that he has not been fired yet.

Are they waiting for new GM to decide if he stays?

Does Rex think he did a good job?

I am starting to think he is staying, I just threw up in my mouth a little.

I would like to think it would be up to Rex if he stayed or not. Personally I want him gone. He did nothing to improve Sanchez ,who's regressed the last 2 years.

Or I started it to see if anyone has seen a report that I did not.

I was told that it was in espn scroll that he was gone. I was hoping someone here had a link.

Plus I started it because I think he is terrible and could not believe he has not been fired.

if you're going to keep sanchez why would any qualified want the OC job knowing they will be fired at the end of next season? and if you can't get a qualified candidate, why just throw some random in there to say you made a change?

if you're going to keep sanchez why would any qualified want the OC job knowing they will be fired at the end of next season? and if you can't get a qualified candidate, why just throw some random in there to say you made a change?

We could elevate Matt Cavanaugh

Or I started it to see if anyone has seen a report that I did not.

I was told that it was in espn scroll that he was gone. I was hoping someone here had a link.

Plus I started it because I think he is terrible and could not believe he has not been fired.

The thread title is misleading.

We could elevate Matt Cavanaugh

elevate him out the door

note I am not arguing for Sparano's retention, just pointing out the deck chairs on the titanic of continually focusing on the OC position. the OC calls the plays but the QB is supposed to read the defense. no matter who the OC is... the tebow stuff wasn't ruining Mark it was limiting the risk of having Mark make decisions.

on the plus side Sparano had some great design on running plays, basically running a counter trey in many of the Jets wins. The redskins won a super bowl running the counter trey and it's even better play design than the King trap that the Jets used heavily in 09/10. I wouldn't mind demoting Sparano to OL coach and giving the OC job to someone who understands passing.

O line coach?

Let him be an O line coach somewhere else. Or even let the new GM give him an offer if he can't find a new job right away. Outside of retaining Westhoff when Mangini was fired, which made sense because special teams is different from offense and defense, most other clubs just clean out the front office and let the new man do what he feels he must.

And keeping the guy dangling like this isn't OK-he's a former head coach who's led his team to the playoffs and should be shown some respect.

And keeping the guy dangling like this isn't OK-he's a former head coach who's led his team to the playoffs and should be shown some respect.

these are all big boys who have security of employment contracts with buyout clauses that few of us have. besides nfl teams are for the most part sophisticated enterprises and if someone wants sparano for OC or less they can pick up the phone and ask permission to talk to him. can you see the jets saying "no"?

I do agree with that. Sparano has to go but let's let the GM decide

these are all big boys who have security of employment contracts with buyout clauses that few of us have. besides nfl teams are for the most part sophisticated enterprises and if someone wants sparano for OC or less they can pick up the phone and ask permission to talk to him. can you see the jets saying "no"?

True enough but if Sparano is still officially part of the Jets, a club with some interest in him might decide that extra obstacle isn't worth it.

I think most coaches and players, if they are going to be let go, would prefer to be let go at the beginning of the firing/hiring period instead of a week or two later.

Mangini got fired the day after the season and got hired within a couple of days. Of course he lost that job too, but at least he had a job for a few years to get fired from.

True enough but if Sparano is still officially part of the Jets, a club with some interest in him might decide that extra obstacle isn't worth it.

I think most coaches and players, if they are going to be let go, would prefer to be let go at the beginning of the firing/hiring period instead of a week or two later.

Mangini got fired the day after the season and got hired within a couple of days. Of course he lost that job too, but at least he had a job for a few years to get fired from.

I will go on record as being the one-and-only Mangini apologist on this board. i think he had us headed in the right direction but screwed by Woody and Tanny trying to use Favre as a billboard for PSL's. (Sound familiar, Timmy?) The team was 8-3 before Favre got hurt and refused to sit, tanking the season. And Mangini got fired for it. As for the Browns...they are a bad team, bad oraganization, bad everything. Even Bellichek went down the sh*tter on that team.

Archived