Sparano staying?

Joe Jets fan

True enough but if Sparano is still officially part of the Jets, a club with some interest in him might decide that extra obstacle isn't worth it.

I think most coaches and players, if they are going to be let go, would prefer to be let go at the beginning of the firing/hiring period instead of a week or two later.

Mangini got fired the day after the season and got hired within a couple of days. Of course he lost that job too, but at least he had a job for a few years to get fired from.

he could resign and give up on the buyout if he wants to be looking for a job in january that badly. oh wait why would he do that

The offensive line was atrocious not picking up blitzes before the bye. after the bye, same mistakes by the offensive line, no adjustments. (this goes on the o coordinator and the o line coach). theyre both so blatantly incompotent that any dumbass fan can see it. but I guess our head coach is really smart, because he said he saw a lot of positives with the offense.

Hopefully the new GM re-assigns Cavanaugh to be Sparano's bell boy at the same time.

There is no way there isn't a new QB coach in town next year. Cav is going to have a hard time getting a High School job after Mark's performance these last two years.

The offensive line was atrocious not picking up blitzes before the bye. after the bye, same mistakes by the offensive line, no adjustments. (this goes on the o coordinator and the o line coach). theyre both so blatantly incompotent that any dumbass fan can see it. but I guess our head coach is really smart, because he said he saw a lot of positives with the offense.

+1000

GreenBeans made exact same speech to me at the Bar last weekend.

+1000

GreenBeans made exact same speech to me at the Bar last weekend.

the OL actually gave McElroy the most time in the league the week he took 11 sacks. according to PFF he had almost a second more to throw than Sanchez did. and before that game they were top 10 in pass protection stats. It's easy to blame the OL but alot of it is on the running backs, tight ends and yes the Qb. put it another way Ryan Fitzpatrick is among the least sacked QB's in the league but it's not because Cordy Glenn is better than Brick. it's because that system is all about quick release (or it was until Chan got fired). the jets offense MO has been QB clueless, holding the ball forever and then getting sacked (or worse). Jets fans think the OL sucks but thats cause we haven't seen a good Qb in Jets green for about 10+ years.

the OL actually gave McElroy the most time in the league the week he took 11 sacks. according to PFF he had almost a second more to throw than Sanchez did. and before that game they were top 10 in pass protection stats. It's easy to blame the OL but alot of it is on the running backs, tight ends and yes the Qb. put it another way Ryan Fitzpatrick is among the least sacked QB's in the league but it's not because Cordy Glenn is better than Brick. it's because that system is all about quick release (or it was until Chan got fired). the jets offense MO has been QB clueless, holding the ball forever and then getting sacked (or worse). Jets fans think the OL sucks but thats cause we haven't seen a good Qb in Jets green for about 10+ years.

lol, i was gettin ready to say some of same stuff then saw u added a edit.. :)

Pre-snap reads. Making the proper protection adjustments. Something Sanchez has never done well.

Sparano and comp. sucked but thats on the QB. You can have all the preparation in the world for a team, the second they give you a different look live on the field, thats on the QB to recognize and make the proper adjustments.

The bold made me giggle.

Archived