New York Jets' worst move of 2012? Not firing Rex Ryan

jgb

it's even sadder that we expect more than that.

Right ... we should really just like the character that Rex is and be happy that we're entertained. Nobody's entertained. There's nothing entertaining about a decade of being Tom Brady's blow up fk doll - which is what the Jets are - after a previous 3 decades of being everything but a solid and consistent franchise.

Not that they're anything approaching credible, but Bleacher Report just released their article on the 50 best teams to NOT win the SB. A Jet team is not one of them. Accepting mediocrity as an apex is not something a lot of people here up for - I'm guessing.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rex hired thug turds and wonders why the operation blows up in his face. The only clown he has brought in that has worked out is the #1 baby-daddy Cromartie. Holmes, Plaxico, Mason and backing Sanchez are fatal errors. I think Woody Johnson should have cleaned house, but perhaps it is better to bring in a new GM who takes charge and hires a real OC, suck balls this next season (which appears to be inevitable), then Rex gets whacked and we get a real coach and a high pick. I am all for dealing Revis for a package of picks, as long as they are high enough. After next season, they have to find a way to get rid of Holmes and Sanchez. The next few years will be rough. No doubt about it.

Rex hired thug turds and wonders why the operation blows up in his face. The only clown he has brought in that has worked out is the #1 baby-daddy Cromartie. Holmes, Plaxico, Mason and backing Sanchez are fatal errors. I think Woody Johnson should have cleaned house, but perhaps it is better to bring in a new GM who takes charge and hires a real OC, suck balls this next season (which appears to be inevitable), then Rex gets whacked and we get a real coach and a high pick. I am all for dealing Revis for a package of picks, as long as they are high enough. After next season, they have to find a way to get rid of Holmes and Sanchez. The next few years will be rough. No doubt about it.

What if Rex wants to go with ol skool ground and pound ?

How do you explain losing to 2 teams down the stretch who knew their coaches were getting fired? To say nothing of his indifference to the offense and hostility to the forward pass?

Your posts in favor of Ryan are approaching a parody. I'm starting to think you are effing with us to get a reaction.

what good would those wins have been? just would have ****ed uo our draft position anyway

This post sums up your entire persona so, so well.

Jets fans are too busy looking at the Jets to have any perspective. They aren't gonna win the Super Bowl just because we want them too. It's takes talent and luck. The Jets don't have a QB that doesn't change if they fire Rex or not.

You're the best.

Here's a question if the Jets fire Rex who is going to hire the next head coach? they don't have a GM. and that search doesn't appear to be a quick one. You want woody hiring the next coach?

but you guys don't care about that it's just like baying dogs in this forum. Fire everyone + ??? = profit.

So we're keeping Rex on as coach to hire his own replacement before firing him? This is the greatest plan ever.

im saying there's no GM and there's no one in the front office organization with any football common sense. Woody had to hire a headhunter firm. If Rex is fired ( like this thread seems to want) who hires his replacement, and when? Is it the headhunter firm doing the hiring? by the time the new GM is hired the HC market will be picked over.

im saying there's no GM and there's no one in the front office organization with any football common sense. Woody had to hire a headhunter firm. If Rex is fired ( like this thread seems to want) who hires his replacement, and when? Is it the headhunter firm doing the hiring? by the time the new GM is hired the HC market will be picked over.

WE GOT NO FOOD. WE GOT NO MONEY. OUR PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!!!

Here's a question if the Jets fire Rex who is going to hire the next head coach? they don't have a GM. and that search doesn't appear to be a quick one. You want woody hiring the next coach?

but you guys don't care about that it's just like baying dogs in this forum. Fire everyone + ??? = profit.

Search committee from Korn/Ferry. Im sure they can give us a discount rate. :-D

The Sanchez extension was by far the worst deal. There was no rational basis to support it.

There IS a rational basis to support retaining Rex for 1 more year. If 2003 is a rebuilding year with dumping players and dealing with dead money, then it's better to have Rex here for a losing season than have the new HC tainted by it.

The following year should be better with more cap room and younger players and be a more attractive job for HC candidates rather than having the new 2013 HC being under pressure to improve from the previous bad year.

As far as Rex's brilliance vs. Brady and Manning. Because he so incredible at game planning, he's....

3-6 vs. Brady. Patriots 265 Jets 166 in 9 games. (29 points per game)

1-1 vs Manning, Colts 47- Jets 33 in 2 games (24 points per game)

Yeah, those records are not surprising. His teams have had exponentially worse talent. The manning colts and brady pats are some of the best teams since the merger.Dispute that. And RR beat them both in the playoffs. With Mark Sanchez.See, a norv turner never beat his tom brady when it mattered. Rex Ryan beat his Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. When it counted. That's not to say the blow outs and losses vs the pats are nada. They are smt, but I think there has been some INCREDIBLE misfortune. The leonard injury. The buttfumble game. I never thought rex did not have his teams prepared. The first game was winnable, it was execution. A lot can be boiled down to execution. And with brady...he simply executes. U can't beat the pats turning the ball over.

Yeah, those records are not surprising. His teams have had exponentially worse talent. The manning colts and brady pats are some of the best teams since the merger.Dispute that. And RR beat them both in the playoffs. With Mark Sanchez.See, a norv turner never beat his tom brady when it mattered. Rex Ryan beat his Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. When it counted. That's not to say the blow outs and losses vs the pats are nada. They are smt, but I think there has been some INCREDIBLE misfortune. The leonard injury. The buttfumble game. I never thought rex did not have his teams prepared. The first game was winnable, it was execution. A lot can be boiled down to execution. And with brady...he simply executes. U can't beat the pats turning the ball over.

The numbers speak for themselves. Rex made a nice run at the right time, especially in 2010. How that validates anything he's done over the last two years is beyond me. Lovie Smith and Whisenhunt got their teams to a Super Bowl. And their not loudmouth blowhards to boot.

The numbers speak for themselves. Rex made a nice run at the right time, especially in 2010. How that validates anything he's done over the last two years is beyond me. Lovie Smith and Whisenhunt got their teams to a Super Bowl. And their not loudmouth blowhards to boot.

I don't understand what u and a lot of others here don't get about football, and the jets situation in particular. The Jets had their time when vinny was the QB. We've been a very mediocre, but never terrible team since then. At the same time the division has been DOMINATED by Tom Brady.The jets are not a great football team and never have been. The problems with jet fans is we think we deserve so much more than we do. It isn't realistic.U want to go to the superbowl? Really? Picture Tom Brady in ur mind. Think back ten years. Now think up chad pennington, brooks bollinger, kellen clemens, mark sanchez, and greg mcelroy. Am I missing anyone? oh yeah, brett favre...that was fun b4 his injury right?The QB is the most important position on a team. And when u have a franchise QB, he is the OC on the field, he calls his own offense. That's when a RR is gold.I just don't get the mentality of people who expect supeerbowls when u can't win a division bc of Tom Brady and the jets loser QBs.Its not going to happen. Btw - the bears and the cards lost the sb to superior teams with superior QBs.

This is the problem. Wisenhut or Smith will be hired by the Bills, Reid by the Cardinals. the Eagles and Bears will probably make quick hires. So a lot of the coaching talent even under HC level, is going to be off the market. it's all fine and good to have a headhunter, but even owners without that are doing what they have to do while Woody Johnson has another meeting or 7 with his headhunter.The people left to pick through are going to be less optimal. Above all, what OC is going to come running to this mess?

I don't understand what u and a lot of others here don't get about football, and the jets situation in particular. The Jets had their time when vinny was the QB. We've been a very mediocre, but never terrible team since then. At the same time the division has been DOMINATED by Tom Brady.The jets are not a great football team and never have been. The problems with jet fans is we think we deserve so much more than we do. It isn't realistic.U want to go to the superbowl? Really? Picture Tom Brady in ur mind. Think back ten years. Now think up chad pennington, brooks bollinger, kellen clemens, mark sanchez, and greg mcelroy. Am I missing anyone? oh yeah, brett favre...that was fun b4 his injury right?The QB is the most important position on a team. And when u have a franchise QB, he is the OC on the field, he calls his own offense. That's when a RR is gold.I just don't get the mentality of people who expect supeerbowls when u can't win a division bc of Tom Brady and the jets loser QBs.Its not going to happen. Btw - the bears and the cards lost the sb to superior teams with superior QBs.

Not so sure about that last bit. Warner >>>>>>>>>> Roethlisberger, especially that year.

DV, that was the inherent problem of Tannenbaum not having a personnel background. He had no choice but to rely heavily on Rex. The Jets are looking at guys with heavy personnel backgrounds so Rex wont be relied on with new GM.

So really, it goes back to Woody hiring Tannenbaum as "Dumb Decision Zero."

So what else is in your hot bag of excuses? So the Jets and every other team should just keep the Head Coach and management until they land their once in a lifetime QB? Ok, cool, so no accountability because the QB sucks. The QB you wanted and have nursed off the nipple. So they should just keep trotting Rex out there every year until they finally get their Manning. Let him continue to be the face of embarrassment between the foot fetish fiasco, the captain debacle, the blundering pre and post game/season talk, the predictions, the decisions to continue playing his over the hill favorites vs. the younger, superior talent. Until he has the greatest group of athletes known to man. Then he'll do it. He just needs top notch talent on defense and a Hall of Fame QB....until then we'll let this guy, who can't even make a coherent sentence be the face of the franchise because it's not his fault. Other teams must have more talent b/c they have a better record.

Ppl seriously need to stop obsessing about HC in NY and focus every ounce of their energy on figuring out how to position themselves to get a decent QB next year and a franchise QB long-run.

This should be the #1 and only organizational focus.

Would love to hear the plan..

So what else is in your hot bag of excuses? So the Jets and every other team should just keep the Head Coach and management until they land their once in a lifetime QB? Ok, cool, so no accountability because the QB sucks. The QB you wanted and have nursed off the nipple. So they should just keep trotting Rex out there every year until they finally get their Manning. Let him continue to be the face of embarrassment between the foot fetish fiasco, the captain debacle, the blundering pre and post game/season talk, the predictions, the decisions to continue playing his over the hill favorites vs. the younger, superior talent. Until he has the greatest group of athletes known to man. Then he'll do it. He just needs top notch talent on defense and a Hall of Fame QB....until then we'll let this guy, who can't even make a coherent sentence be the face of the franchise because it's not his fault. Other teams must have more talent b/c they have a better record.

Excuses? That's funny. For what? By whom? The jets did not deserve to win anything with mark sanchez bc he is not a professional grade NFL QB. I didn't expect us to do anything and so no excuse is necessary.And BTW Brady is not an excuse. He's a universal. Just face it. The oddsare not with us at the outset. If tom brady was the house at the poker table, u don't sit down, I guarantee it.And

Probably have about the same results as hiring a new HC every year the team stinks without a QB. Just sayin.

Excuses? That's funny. For what? By whom? The jets did not deserve to win anything with mark sanchez bc he is not a professional grade NFL QB. I didn't expect us to do anything and so no excuse is necessary.And BTW Brady is not an excuse. He's a universal. Just face it. The oddsare not with us at the outset. If tom brady was the house at the poker table, u don't sit down, I guarantee it.And

You're making excuses for Rex b/c Sanchez sucks....The guy is a good DC in way over his head as a HC. It's clear as day the way he's handled the Sanchez situation from day 1. 4 years for them to figure out Sanchez sucks...and oh btw, Rex still believes in that disaster. Wayne Hunter...Bart Scott....John Connor. Tony Sparano. The team has been going backwards for two straight years, no accountability. No answer. Must be all Tannenbaum's fault.

Probably have about the same results as hiring a new HC every year the team stinks without a QB. Just sayin.

Harbaugh is winning without a Peyton Manning. I believe Christian Ponder is still playing this week. 3 rookie QB's starting in the playoffs. And whose fault is it for their blind loyalty of Sanchez for 4 years if not the Head Coach? 4 years and not even a whiff of competition.

Would love to hear the plan..

For any consistent chance at domination at the div level, u simply have to wait out Brady's career. Many ppl recognize this. The goals were stated, the plan to get there is for the org.what I think is hardly relevant, altho I do have ideas.

Archived