Who do you want us to draft?

brian101193

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What player do you want us to draft? Just wondering what the forums thinking

I hope the Jets trade down MULTIPLE times circa the 2009 Browns, but get more than the Browns did for the picks, and use the draft picks accumulated for this years AND next years draft wisely!

I hope the Jets trade down MULTIPLE times circa the 2009 Browns, but get more than the Browns did for the picks, and use the draft picks accumulated for this years AND next years draft wisely!

I wouldn't mind this either. Try to somehow get a 2014 1st round pick out of it somehow or other, even if that means trading our 1st down to a 2nd pick or something.

We would then have 2 1st round picks in 2014, and we'd be able to snag a better QB.

Admittedly I don't follow college football as closely as I do the pros, but is there even a 1st round QB really worth taking? There aren't any 'can't miss' prospects this year like last year. I know we could find someone like Seattle did with Wilson, so I'm ok with the trade down for multiple picks strategy. We need a lot of new blood on the roster.

Admittedly I don't follow college football as closely as I do the pros, but is there even a 1st round QB really worth taking? There aren't any 'can't miss' prospects this year like last year. I know we could find someone like Seattle did with Wilson, so I'm ok with the trade down for multiple picks strategy. We need a lot of new blood on the roster.

That and I think we should position ourselves to grab a QB in 2014 :)

Jarvis Jones, Damontre Moore, Kiki Mingo or maybe Sam Montgomery. Ezekial Ansah is a possibility if he blows up like Aldon Smith and JPP did. We've been lacking a legitimate pass-rusher since Abe left and this is finally the year we can land one, not to mention the fact we can use our high second on a QB.

Jarvis Jones, Damontre Moore, Kiki Mingo or maybe Sam Montgomery. Ezekial Ansah is a possibility if he blows up like Aldon Smith and JPP did. We've been lacking a legitimate pass-rusher since Abe left and this is finally the year we can land one, not to mention the fact we can use our high second on a QB.

And the kid from Oregon Dion somethingorother, I forget his last name, he is a converted TE to OLB, He is 6'6" 250, and Oregon uses him to cover slot WIDE RECIEVERS on some plays, he has only played the position for 2 years, but I can see him SHOOTING up the draft boards after his combine work out, he probably won't even be available at 9, nor will Moore, or Jones IMO. I can see the 1st 8 picks being J Jones, Joekel, Moore, this kid, Lutelli from Utah, G Smith, M Teo, and OT Lewan from Michigan, probably see Teo fall out, and someone else jump in maybe Millner the CB from Bama. Dion Jordan I think the kids name is, hopefully someone like the Bills reach, and take the 2nd QB of the draft leaving us with one of the pass rushers, as of now other than J Jones being #1 on my list, I wouldn't mind Jordan, Moore, or Werner. Ideally Lewan is still on the board when we pick, and we can fleece someone like the Rams, or Bears who desperatly need offensive line help to protect Bradford, and Cutler.

You've gotta commit every resource in the organization to finding a quarterback this year or next. Seeing as there aren't any big QBs in the draft this year, the priority should be taking every pick we have in the first three rounds this year and converting them into higher picks in 2014.

Best. Available. Player.

Trade down where you can, when there's a nice clump of equally valued players on your board, and accumulate picks.

Don't fall in love. Don't trade up. Remain patient, and take the BAP right down the line. This Jets team need an infusion of talent at virtually every position.

Best. Available. Player.

Trade down where you can, when there's a nice clump of equally valued players on your board, and accumulate picks.

Don't fall in love. Don't trade up. Remain patient, and take the BAP right down the line. This Jets team need an infusion of talent at virtually every position.

This draft may be thin on so-called skill players in the 1st round, but is loaded with potentially solid OL and OLB's. Since we need to re-load at so many positions, trading down for additional picks and going BPA could be just the way to go providing we obtain good talent evaluators. That last part is the real trick, though.

I do not know how much of a sleeper he'll be, but Robert Woods (USC) could turn out to be a steal depending on how far he drops with all the OL, defensive players and desperation QB picks that will go early. Last year he set a school record with 111 catches only to be eclipsed by Marqise Lee's 118 this year. Still he had 76 receptions this year while pretty much invisible in Lee's shadow -- one of the rare junior's who actually made a very astute and well calculated decision to leave early. He is also a terrific KO returner. This kid is not a raw project like Hill. He already runs good patterns and has NFL caliber hands. He's already heads and shoulders above Hill's highest ceiling.

Trade down and pick up Dion Jordon and Woods with those picks if we are not absolutely in love with anyone at #9.

FWIW, WalterFootball.com's 2014 NFL Mock has the Jets using the third overall pick on Johnny Football, which is funnyscary.

They have the Jets going DE/OLB Bjoern Werner in the first and QB Ryan Nassib in the second this year, which probably makes a lot of sense.

The new GM will refine the decision making process so that the BPA, regardless of position, will be chosen. If that's the case, then it's likely that a top defensive player is the choice @ 9 in the first round. Th BPA pattern will continue throuhout the remaining picks. strength of the 2013 draft is on the defense.

My people and I have decided to go with DaMontre Moore.

Moore is going to get so many Von Miller comparison's leading up the draft he might not be there when the Jets pick. Otherwise, yeah, that dude.

That said, I'm not sure who's going to be there. Hard stuff to predict in the 2nd day of the new year. But the names I'm into arent unique - Jones, Moore, Mingo, Werner. This is going to be a weird year. Lots of DE/OLB/OL talent in the first round. Few skills players other than a team desperate to make Mike Glennon out to be a top 10 pick because he's a QB or reach for Allen for their #1 WR.

if we cant get jones wich is going to be a beast, trade down and go after after mingo after we trade down and that kid A. ogletree plays hard and fast he is a ilb but can play olb late first or early 2nd and then go wr,ol and rb. but we need passrushers,we dont have a single one in our team

FWIW, WalterFootball.com's 2014 NFL Mock has the Jets using the third overall pick on Johnny Football, which is funnyscary.

oh jeez....then we would have this chick posting here. that is of course unless spermdrinker gives her a free vip membership and t-shirt if she helps drive up the post counts...

I think we need a player at QB, RB, WR, TE, OLB, OL and CB. Some will come from free agency, some from the draft. I hope we get the chance to take Tyler Wilson with our first pick. If not, I probably go WR or RB and come back in round 2 with Zac Dysert or Landry Jones.

Moore is going to get so many Von Miller comparison's leading up the draft he might not be there when the Jets pick. Otherwise, yeah, that dude.

That said, I'm not sure who's going to be there. Hard stuff to predict in the 2nd day of the new year. But the names I'm into arent unique - Jones, Moore, Mingo, Werner. This is going to be a weird year. Lots of DE/OLB/OL talent in the first round. Few skills players other than a team desperate to make Mike Glennon out to be a top 10 pick because he's a QB or reach for Allen for their #1 WR.

I would take Glennon in the third round.

Now QB worth drafting in 1st other than Geno. So have to go with best available.

Moore

Mingo

Jordan

Now as far as QB goes I really think Landry Jones from Oklahoma is built for the NFL and would be great in 2nd round. I am a die hard Syracuse fan and just am not sure about Nassib

Archived