Who do you want us to draft?

brian101193

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

btw Tajh Boyd is a name rising up boards fast after that bowl game. He's slated to go right around the Jets pick. Just sayin.

to answer the original question, I'd be real happy with jarvis Jones, assuming Moore goes first.

Holy sh*t? That game projected him up that high? Thats a ridiculous reach.

The super ideal scenario would be to sign an interim average QB. Then trade down from the 9th position we have this year and accumulate picks. If possible get some draft pick for next year's draft. Maybe we make multiple trades down and go into the lower part of the first round (say 16-25 position) and secure a couple of picks for next year and a few for this year.

We can use the draft picks this year to fill some positions on BAP basis and then use the extra picks next year to move up in the first round to draft a QB.

This keeps us competitive next season and gives us decent plan for the future.

The super ideal scenario would be to sign an interim average QB. Then trade down from the 9th position we have this year and accumulate picks. If possible get some draft pick for next year's draft. Maybe we make multiple trades down and go into the lower part of the first round (say 16-25 position) and secure a couple of picks for next year and a few for this year.

We can use the draft picks this year to fill some positions on BAP basis and then use the extra picks next year to move up in the first round to draft a QB.

This keeps us competitive next season and gives us decent plan for the future.

I'm all for stockpiling picks. Trading Revis or Cro and Pouha for picks works too. I doubt Harris is tradable due to his contract. Everyone else sucks to much besides Brick and Mangold, who you have to keep imo.

I'm all for stockpiling picks. Trading Revis or Cro and Pouha for picks works too. I doubt Harris is tradable due to his contract. Everyone else sucks to much besides Brick and Mangold, who you have to keep imo.

I personally thought Brick and Mangold had subpar years. Was it lack of motivation or declining skills. Either way does not reflect good on them.

Trading Revis or Cro or any one else for that matter depends a lot on the the direction this franchise decides to take and the compensation received for those trades. Its such a open topic i would not venture into it unless the new GM atleast sends some signals on what direction they decide to take. That includes whether they are (mistakenly) firing Rex or not. So speculating on it is premature.

But i was suggesting was a thinking out loud, plausible scenario that keeps us competitive this next season and gives us that franchise QB we don't have for seasons beyond.

Stockpiling picks is nice, but sometimes you are better off just drafting Walter Jones or Orlando Pace. It all depends on who is there. I'm just hoping that whoever we get for GM is a good talent evaluator.

It also depends on whether you have a QB on your team or not. If you do not have one then all the energies must be focused on acquiring a great one as soon as its possible. This years draft may not be ideal to accomplish that. So you arm yourself with enough picks for next year's draft.

In today's NFL drafting an Orlando Pace does not win you anything. You will have a Pro Bowl calibre player but still does not necessarily get you to the promised land with a below average QB.

It also depends on whether you have a QB on your team or not. If you do not have one then all the energies must be focused on acquiring a great one as soon as its possible. This years draft may not be ideal to accomplish that. So you arm yourself with enough picks for next year's draft.

In today's NFL drafting an Orlando Pace does not win you anything. You will have a Pro Bowl calibre player but still does not necessarily get you to the promised land with a below average QB.

If there's no QB in 2014 then continue to stockpile until profit?

i think the game's just evolved where you don't really have Pace type players anymore. Everyone is a physical freak now.

Holy sh*t? That game projected him up that high? Thats a ridiculous reach.

he's in the rotoworld mock right now going 10. Im not endorsing it but it is notable. the crappy qb class is still going to have QBs going in rd 1. that's supply and demand. the Jets should learn the lesson learned from the Mark Sanchez year and wait until the getting is good.

I personally thought Brick and Mangold had subpar years. Was it lack of motivation or declining skills. Either way does not reflect good on them.

I agree they were subpar, by their high standards. Still good enough to be Pro bowl alternates. Brick is gonna play 20 years like Lomas Brown and Mangold is a borderline HOF (8+ Pro Bowl) type of career like Mawae. these are two franchise caliber players.

the offensive line took over in all of the 6 wins, and they almost pulled it out at NE and TEN. I'm sick of people bashing the line. Teams were starting turds at these positions due to injury. The Jets ran 7 deep with vlad and jason smith. they weren't bad, in fact they blasted open holes to the tune of 11th best rushing attack, despite no threat of a pass.

they just didn't live up to the 2009 standards. But that's the league there aren't Hogs type superunits right now. SF is the best but NYJ isn't too far away. a great OL needs a QB to produce, just like the rest of the offense. the Jets are like a 2 ton semi being driven by a blind man. there's nothing wrong with the infrastructure there's plenty of power, just needs a better driver.

I agree they were subpar, by their high standards. Still good enough to be Pro bowl alternates. Brick is gonna play 20 years like Lomas Brown and Mangold is a borderline HOF (8+ Pro Bowl) type of career like Mawae. these are two franchise caliber players.

the offensive line took over in all of the 6 wins, and they almost pulled it out at NE and TEN. I'm sick of people bashing the line. Teams were starting turds at these positions due to injury. The Jets ran 7 deep with vlad and jason smith. they weren't bad, in fact they blasted open holes to the tune of 11th best rushing attack, despite no threat of a pass.

they just didn't live up to the 2009 standards. But that's the league there aren't Hogs type superunits right now. SF is the best but NYJ isn't too far away. a great OL needs a QB to produce, just like the rest of the offense. the Jets are like a 2 ton semi being driven by a blind man. there's nothing wrong with the infrastructure there's plenty of power, just needs a better driver.

They were subpar compared to past years.

Pro Bowl alternates does not mean that much. It just means sometimes you get their based on your reputation.

I'm not a Geno fan either. But I think he's probably the best prospect out of a very weak QB class, much to the chagrin of Nassib fans I'm sure. Too bad as I like Geno a lot more as a second or third rounder.

I agree. He is tremendously athletic, but is a real project. Watch the combine and see how many mechanical flaws are brought to light. It would be fine to take him very late 2nd (at the highest) or somewhere in the 3rd. No way you burn a 1st on him.

this is what I've been complaining about the last two years, when you have two players like that and a guy like Brandon Moore why not go for the gusto and build a super unit. Especially with Sanchez at QB. It's almost a waste of talent knowing they could get away with two jags at LG and RT. This has been another bone of contention I've had with Rex's big mouth. Preach ground and pound but dont back it up with actions, ie solidifying your best until minus the CBs.

i have a bad feeling we'll be playing off of the "potential" of Stephen Hill for the next 5 years.

doesn't have to be a WR, a RB or TE or heck even a kick returner would help. look at the good teams. they have outlet guys who bail out the QB and make a guy miss and make a play

remember that ?

I don't understand how anyone that watched the Jets this year does not think they should not even think about drafting anything but impact skill position on offense. The league is set up to pass the ball. This team is in need if offensive talent more then just about any team in the league.

Don't tell me it's a waste with Sanchez ether, you give him a shot with players and then draft a QB in 2014 with players already here.

I

I agree. He is tremendously athletic, but is a real project. Watch the combine and see how many mechanical flaws are brought to light. It would be fine to take him very late 2nd (at the highest) or somewhere in the 3rd. No way you burn a 1st on him.

I think Geno Smith's athleticism is way overrated. 138 rushings yards, 2.1 average on the season. Projects mid 4.7 40 yard dash. I agree, don't draft him (or any other QB) in the first.

I

I think Geno Smith's athleticism is way overrated. 138 rushings yards, 2.1 average on the season. Projects mid 4.7 40 yard dash. I agree, don't draft him (or any other QB) in the first.

Agreed, this is the only positive to Sanchez's extension. Otherwise they'd try to make a splash and overreach on whatever qb shoots up the draft board. Most likely Glennon.

Now I don't think they will.

Archived