•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Silence of the lambs - if Ryan doesn't speak by friday, the jets will be in violation of the league's media policy " ~ ~ ~

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#1 kelly

kelly

is dancing w/ the devil ~

• Members
  • 2,233 posts
  • Locationdunwoody, ga ! !

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

Silence of the lambs

The Jets still aren't talking.

Neither Rex Ryan nor owner Woody Johnson will address the media Wednesday, according to a team spokesman. No reason was given.Ryan hasn't addressed the media since Sunday's loss in Buffalo and Johnson has talked publicly since the team was 3-6. Johnson released a five-paragraph statement Monday morning, firing GM Mike Tannenbaum and retaining Ryan.

Clearly, something fishy is going on.

If Ryan doesn't speak by Friday, the Jets will be in violation of the league's media policy. The policy, created in conjunction with the Pro Football Writers of America, states that the head coach and a team official (owner, GM, president, etc.) must be made available to the media during the week after the season ends.

What's going on at One Jets Drive ?

Two possibilities:

Management is muzzling Ryan until a new GM is hired or
Ryan is so ticked off at the current situation (Tannenbaum fired, Tony Sparano status, etc.) that he refuses to speak.

What, you thought the circus would end when the games stopped ?

> http://espn.go.com/b...ce-of-the-lambs
i ♥ u guys :P.. ...cheers ~ ~

#2 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,483 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

The Jets put the FU in dysfunctional.

#3 JoeC36

JoeC36

JetNation's Keeper Of The Anals

• Moderators
  • 11,858 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

POPULAR

The media complains he talks too much. Now he isn't talking enough. These people are worse than my girlfriend with the freakin thermostat.

289 Time Post of the Week Loser

#4 Bleedin Green

Bleedin Green

SuperTwat

• Members
  • 21,469 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

Silence of the lambs

The Jets still aren't talking.

Neither Rex Ryan nor owner Woody Johnson will address the media Wednesday, according to a team spokesman. No reason was given.Ryan hasn't addressed the media since Sunday's loss in Buffalo and Johnson has talked publicly since the team was 3-6. Johnson released a five-paragraph statement Monday morning, firing GM Mike Tannenbaum and retaining Ryan.

Clearly, something fishy is going on.

If Ryan doesn't speak by Friday, the Jets will be in violation of the league's media policy. The policy, created in conjunction with the Pro Football Writers of America, states that the head coach and a team official (owner, GM, president, etc.) must be made available to the media during the week after the season ends.

What's going on at One Jets Drive ?

Two possibilities:

Management is muzzling Ryan until a new GM is hired or
Ryan is so ticked off at the current situation (Tannenbaum fired, Tony Sparano status, etc.) that he refuses to speak.

What, you thought the circus would end when the games stopped ?

> http://espn.go.com/b...ce-of-the-lambs

Have to love the last line, as it's inclusion tells you everything you need to know about these putzes. Apparently these writers are too stupid to realize the only thing making any sort of an issue out of literally nothing is their whiny little asses.
By day he's the (not so) mild-mannered Bleedin Green, but by night...

TL;DR

#5 stoicsentry

stoicsentry

Not Really Stoic

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 8,865 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

The Jets put the FU in dysfunctional.

It's stupid how anything can be twisted into "dysfunctional" when it comes to the Jets. If he spoke right away, that's a circus... if he doesn't speak until Thursday, that's a circus. No reason why, just is...

#6 Integrity28

Integrity28

Told you so.

• Members
  • 34,281 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

It's stupid how anything can be twisted into "dysfunctional" when it comes to the Jets. If he spoke right away, that's a circus... if he doesn't speak until Thursday, that's a circus. No reason why, just is...

It just is, because it is.

When you know you have a stomach ache, it's quite easy to essentially chalk every "burp" up as a symptom of indigestion. That's all they are doing, the Jets are a mess, so everything that happens is a symptom of the mess.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#7 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,483 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

Except that he, by league rules, must address the media within a week after the season.

#8 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

Bring me Solo and the Wookie

• Members
  • 17,287 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:01 PM

Slapdick organization. The lack of accountability starts right at the top.

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#9 Joe Jets fan

Joe Jets fan

See ya Rex...

• Members
  • 854 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

I would bet they are waiting to do a press conference when the GM is hired. They must think it will be by friday.

#10 neckdemon

neckdemon

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,994 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

man these reporters are worst than my ****in kids. rex and woody have been ignoring them ands not giving them what they want when they wanted it so now all they do is whine and cry about it. it's ****ign pathetic. i hope rex schedules a press conference on the last day possible at like 11:45 pm and then just answers every question with a one or two word answer.

#11 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 24,051 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

Everybody hates the Jets....the writers...their fans....

#12 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,541 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

Horrible, awful, amateur, clueless, dysfunctional, needledicks................did i leave anything out. Please feel free to add to it.

Hey this team is 6-10, so its open season to criticize it for anything and everything and in anyway.

P.S: If Mark was even an average QB what would our record be ?

Edited by JetsFanInDenver, 02 January 2013 - 12:12 PM.

#13 Bugg

Bugg

Of counsel whack job

• Members
  • 14,885 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Abraham Lincoln
16th president of US (1809 - 1865)

Objective-Glendale, Arizona

Super Bowl 49-February, 2015

#14 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

In search of terminally ill online girlfriend

• Members
  • 6,712 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

**** them. Get your house in order and pay the fine, they just want to burn the house down and place blame for it

Edited by SayNoToDMC, 02 January 2013 - 12:14 PM.

28ad228d-4df6-4b64-b890-b5246112bd82.jpg

#15 GREENBEAN

GREENBEAN

I may or may not like things

• Members
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

man these reporters are worst than my ****in kids. rex and woody have been ignoring them ands not giving them what they want when they wanted it so now all they do is whine and cry about it. it's ****ign pathetic. i hope rex schedules a press conference on the last day possible at like 11:45 pm and then just answers every question with a one or two word answer.

This.

I so hope this is exactly what is done. I also hope it's the way of the future
Why must the Jets make it possible for me to be ridiculed at work EVERY SINGLE YEAR??????

/Users/christopherteaney/Downloads/dark-elf-shaiya.jpg

#16 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

pumba lookin ass- Chris Ivory

• Members
  • 23,112 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

Media is a f#cking joke.

Waaaa! They arent talking to us! Waaaaa!!!

F#ck you Cimini. F#ck all you media c@nts. I hope they drag your ass into florham park every day and then not have a press conference.
 photo c82dba5d-cef7-4044-a308-6f6302c7ad1c.jpg

#17 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 25,759 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

Blame NFL offices for this rule-
Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#18 stoicsentry

stoicsentry

Not Really Stoic

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 8,865 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

I've been calling out the media for a few years now. Nice to see how many people are on board. This article was ridiculous.

I just heard Cimini talking about it on ESPN radio and LaGreca was just as bad, if not worse. Kept implying that Rex wanted out, and that not holding the presser by now left him open to speculate on that. So LaGreca, does that mean that if Rex said he wants to/is going to stay on during his presser, that you wouldn't be talking like this? Because he already DID say it, just not in a presser... freakin stupid

#19 stoicsentry

stoicsentry

Not Really Stoic

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 8,865 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

Except that he, by league rules, must address the media within a week after the season.

Yeah, and the week isn't up. If they don't do it within the week and then get fined, well THAT is a story. It's not a story that they're using some of the time that they are allotted.

#20 T0mShane

T0mShane

When it's over, that's the time I fall in love againlolo

• Members
  • 28,026 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

Rex has made a career being a loud-mouthed buffoon. Go back to the Arizona post-game where he was beating his chest like he just won the Super Bowl. He can't shut up now and expect not to be skewered. It's not the media's fault that Rex marketed himself as SuperMouth.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#21 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,733 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

Rex has made a career being a loud-mouthed buffoon. Go back to the Arizona post-game where he was beating his chest like he just won the Super Bowl. He can't shut up now and expect not to be skewered. It's not the media's fault that Rex marketed himself as SuperMouth.

ya, it would have been media's fault if they produced this, but Thomas is right. Rex wheeled this character out and the media (smartly so) went with it for readership/sales.
Posted Image

"No straight lines make up my life, and all my roads have bends;
There's no clear-cut beginnings, and so far no dead-ends."

#22 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 25,759 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

Right now Jets are the whipping boys of the NFL- have to live with it-brought upon ourselves with mismanagement and puffing Rex
Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#23 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,733 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

Right now Jets are the whipping boys of the NFL- have to live with it-brought upon ourselves with mismanagement and puffing Rex

Rex reminds me sometimes of the Silverback Gorillas who rush at you and pound their chests.
Posted Image

"No straight lines make up my life, and all my roads have bends;
There's no clear-cut beginnings, and so far no dead-ends."

#24 peebag

peebag

What? Me Worry?

• Members
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

one thing is for sure - Rexy would make a fun NFL commentator!!!

#25 dbatesman

dbatesman

Failgoat 2.0

• Members
  • 8,839 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

If he spoke right away, that's a circus

I am consistently impressed by your ability to discern people's reactions to events that never actually happened.

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users