Silence of the lambs - if Ryan doesn't speak by friday, the jets will be in violation of the league's media policy " ~ ~ ~

kelly

Did this story not appear in the Jacksonville Gazette between the fishin' report, the weather report and coverage of UF's recruiting?

Dude, you live in Buffalo. lmfao. Buffalo. Who the **** lives in Buffalo? Pac. That's who lives in Buffalo.

Out of curiosity? What was the weather like there today? It was a little chilly this morning when I stepped outside on my ocean front balcony to 68 degree weather.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude, you live in Buffalo. lmfao. Buffalo. Who the **** lives in Buffalo? Pac. That's who lives in Buffalo.

Out of curiosity? What was the weather like there today? It was a little chilly this morning when I stepped outside on my ocean front balcony to 68 degree weather.

You live in Jacksonville dude. Shut up.

The funny thing is, should Rex get whacked, the media and beat writers will be the biggest losers. With less of a circus, they will be bored and then complain that things are not like when Rex was here.

The media will always have fuel. They did with Mangini, they do with Rex... Rex doesn't make them, or break them, the consumers do.

Right. I hate living with the ocean in my backyard and the weather is 70 degrees in Jan. Much rather live in Buffalo.

It is all relative.

Buffalo sucks, but if you are going to live upstate NY it's not too bad relative to the other cities upstate.

Jacksonville, relative to the rest of the places you could live in all of Florida... is Florida's a$$hole.

It is all relative.

Buffalo sucks, but if you are going to live upstate NY it's not too bad relative to the other cities upstate.

Jacksonville, relative to the rest of the places you could live in all of Florida... is Florida's a$$hole.

sh*t breath. The irony is this faggot making fun of where I live (ocean front and balling) when he lives in ****ing Buffalo.

And FTR, I'm not sure how much time you've spent in Florida. But N. FL is about the only livable part anymore. The rest of the state is a cesspool.

Rex Ryan leaves New Jersey as Jets ponder next move

BY MANISH MEHTA

Rex Ryan has been eerily silent since the season ended. The typically talkative coach hasn’t commented on the team’s decision to fire GM Mike Tannenbaum, the looming firing of offensive coordinator, the new GM search or surviving the ax on Black Monday.

The team cancelled a scheduled press conference on Monday before Ryan ducked a radio interview later that day on the Jets’ flagship station.

So, where’s Rex?

The Daily News has learned that not only isn’t Ryan at the team facility today, but he flew out of town this morning. Barring a drastic change in plans, he won’t be back to the team’s Florham Park headquarters on Thursday, either.

Ryan’s trip is of a personal nature, the News has learned.

So, when will Ryan speak again?

According to NFL media policy, the head coach is required to address the media sometime during the week after the final game.

I have never seen Rex silent for so long. I still would not be suprised if he is not with the Jets after next week. It makes sense for Rex to try and get out of his gig here that will last for probably another year at best and hook on with one of the teams looking for someone and get a new 4 or 5 year deal. Even if he has to take a DC job, he is better off than being a lame duck head coach here or getting fired prior to the draft by the new GM.

I have never seen Rex silent for so long. I still would not be suprised if he is not with the Jets after next week. It makes sense for Rex to try and get out of his gig here that will last for probably another year at best and hook on with one of the teams looking for someone and get a new 4 or 5 year deal. Even if he has to take a DC job, he is better off than being a lame duck head coach here or getting fired prior to the draft by the new GM.

Ya. Still say he's gone...

sh*t breath. The irony is this faggot making fun of where I live (ocean front and balling) when he lives in ****ing Buffalo.

And FTR, I'm not sure how much time you've spent in Florida. But N. FL is about the only livable part anymore. The rest of the state is a cesspool.

It's really not as ironic as you think.

I went to Orlando last year, spent some time on Main Street. Really very quaint. I couldn't believe all the mouse people you have living their.

These Jets are comically bad in front of microphones and their PR department is as inept as it gets, which fosters the easy-pickin's relationship between the team and the media. Look at how the Giants, despite choking away their season, have received zero backlash for it. That's because they, via Pat Hanlon, have the media on a leash. It's the reverse with the Jets. Pulling a headline out of Florham Park is shooting fish in a barrel.

The "right" move would have been to roll Rex out on Monday, where he could non-answer his way through ten questions, then that non-story disappears with the holiday. But, because the Jets are stupid, they try to close ranks and become a story where there is none. They're just dumb. Stupid. Inept.

They would have blasted Rex and his non-answers!

The media set up Rex and the Jets perfectly and they are falling for it hook line and sinker. They are dumb, stupid and inept. But at least its fun watching the media all crying and whining because the Jets wont give them the easy story.

BY MANISH MEHTA

Rex Ryan has been eerily silent since the season ended. The typically talkative coach hasn’t commented on the team’s decision to fire GM Mike Tannenbaum, the looming firing of offensive coordinator, the new GM search or surviving the ax on Black Monday.

The team cancelled a scheduled press conference on Monday before Ryan ducked a radio interview later that day on the Jets’ flagship station.

So, where’s Rex?

The Daily News has learned that not only isn’t Ryan at the team facility today, but he flew out of town this morning. Barring a drastic change in plans, he won’t be back to the team’s Florham Park headquarters on Thursday, either.

According to NFL media policy, the head coach is required to address the media sometime during the week after the final game.

OMG!!! REX IS GOING TO INTERVIEW FOR THE ARIZONA JOB! OR CHICAGO! OR WHOEVER THE F#CK ELSE NEEDS A LOUDMOUTH!

BY MANISH MEHTA

So, where’s Rex?

LOL

Moot point. I live in tony Putnam County, NY, no too far away from the Clintons and Richard Gere. You live near Swamp Loggers.

**** You, I'm cold right now and you're a twat

Sorry bud, I dont like to rub it in peoples faces that its 73, gorgeous with not a cloud in the sky today. But when a dude from Buffalo starts to try and insult my spot, sh*t gets real.

Moot point. I live in tony Putnam County, NY, no too far away from the Clintons and Richard Gere. You live near Swamp Loggers.

Word? If only I grew up like you. Nassau aint Putnam, ya heard?

But I feel ya bro, tons of Swamp Loggers have ocean front and intracoastal property. And nobody famous or with any money around here. No athletes or celebs live in the Ponte Verdra area. But Buffalo. Thats the sh*t!

Sorry bud, I dont like to rub it in peoples faces that its 73, gorgeous with not a cloud in the sky today. But when a dude from Buffalo starts to try and insult my spot, sh*t gets real.

This is why you are pathetic.

I didnt hear Cimini n the radio so I can't comment on the tone or what he speculated the silence to mean, but I didnt read the article as whining as much as not having anything else to write because there is nothing coming out of Jets camp. Speculation is part of what these writers do and in a case where there is nothing to report I would assume the speculation is grander. Guys gotta write an artice, its his job. You don't have to read it, but as beat writer he has to write something. That is why the league creates requirments. I think the silence is a bunch of nothing and the article is more of the same.

They would have blasted Rex and his non-answers!

The media set up Rex and the Jets perfectly and they are falling for it hook line and sinker. They are dumb, stupid and inept. But at least its fun watching the media all crying and whining because the Jets wont give them the easy story.

Which again makes the point; Bellicheat and Coughlin have the right idea. Treat the press like mushrooms; keep'em in the dark and throw sh*t on them.Perhaps get yourself a paid gig or 2 on the radio or TV and otherwise do the NFL-required minimum. You gain nothing buy being nice to them. You are judged by wins and losses, nothing else. The press is a waste of time. In the internet era your fans don't care any more what a beat writer or columnist cares about, nor a radio host. Thye might lsiten to it or red it, but they don't really care about whether the media likes or hates you.

Even though the Jets brought a lot of this on themselves, Cimini is getting a sh*t ton more enjoyment out of this any normal person. He can't write an article without putting in the word "circus" at least once. It's gotten to the point where I can barely read him. Runt Mehta's sources my be anonymous but at least he pretends to be professional about the whole thing. I wish Vrentas was still covering the Jets.

But they don't know what to do now that Rex has been quieter. The way they were freaking out that Rex's presser was canceled Monday, you'd think he'd sacrificed a puppy to the sun god on some dark alter.

That said, I was thinking that either Rex is in permanent limbo until a new GM is hired or they think a new GM will be hired by Friday. Or maybe they don't care they're in violation of the media access policy. What happens if they are? They get fined?

Archived