74 replies to this topic

#1 neckdemon

neckdemon

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,718 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

does that still work for helping spread the cap hit over 2 years? i don't know the specifics of this to know if it is still a viable option?

#2 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,074 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

Something like $8.5M this year, and another $4.5M next year in cap charges if he's a June 1 cut this year. Or just about exactly what it would cost to keep him for 2013 and cut him at the end of next season. So it's doable if they're absolutely hell bent on getting him off the roster but they can't find a trade partner willing to take on any of his salary.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#3 Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Wartime Consigliere

• Members
  • 624 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

f the cap. cut him

#4 neckdemon

neckdemon

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,718 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

Something like $8.5M this year, and another $4.5M next year in cap charges if he's a June 1 cut this year. Or just about exactly what it would cost to keep him for 2013 and cut him at the end of next season. So it's doable if they're absolutely hell bent on getting him off the roster but they can't find a trade partner willing to take on any of his salary.

thnx

#5 cr726

cr726

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

Obsessed, holy sh!t, Sanchez isn't the sole reason the Jets sucked this year.

#6 neckdemon

neckdemon

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,718 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

Obsessed, holy sh!t, Sanchez isn't the sole reason the Jets sucked this year.

but yeah he pretty much was. sure there was some other smaller amounts of blame to go around. but when you lose a fumble every game and throw a pick 6 every other game along with 2 other picks, and are the reason a new phrase that is synonymous with complete failure of assclown proportions is introduced to the game then yeah you are single-handedly losing games for your team.

drafting sanchez was one giant BUTTFUMBLE!!

#7 aec4

aec4

Resident Whiny Bitch

• Members
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

The Jets need to decide what they want to do. They may need to sacrifice 2013, and just purge the dead weight, and be players in 2014.

#8 jason423

jason423

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

If the Jets designate him a June 1 cut they will take a cap charge of $12.353 million in 2013 and $4.8 million in 2014. The bottom line is that we are probably stuck with him next year. Because of our cap situation I think its best to at this point to rework his deal to defer a good chunk to 2014 when its more reasonable to take the cap charges.

#9 cr726

cr726

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

but yeah he pretty much was. sure there was some other smaller amounts of blame to go around. but when you lose a fumble every game and throw a pick 6 every other game along with 2 other picks, and are the reason a new phrase that is synonymous with complete failure of assclown proportions is introduced to the game then yeah you are single-handedly losing games for your team.

drafting sanchez was one giant BUTTFUMBLE!!

The receivers sucked, the running game was sporadic and you want to blame 1 guy? McElroy got sacked 11 times, fumbled and threw a pick.

#10 neckdemon

neckdemon

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,718 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

The receivers sucked, the running game was sporadic and you want to blame 1 guy? McElroy got sacked 11 times, fumbled and threw a pick.

fact: mcelroy sucks too

#11 Il Mostro

Il Mostro

Cazzone

• Members
  • 4,557 posts
  • LocationOut West

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

There's no way they play him. You cannot keep him on the roster, even if he does not suit up. Useless as t!ts on a boar.

Edited by Il Mostro, 02 January 2013 - 10:05 PM.

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then it's just fun.

#12 hoping4ASuperBowl

hoping4ASuperBowl

boombastic

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

Kerley wasn't all that bad.
Check out my work:
www.3dyagos.com

#13 cr726

cr726

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

fact: mcelroy sucks too

Fact: the o-line played like sh!t
Fact: receivers sucked
Fact: running backs were avg
Fact: OC sucked

#14 cr726

cr726

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

Kerley wasn't all that bad.

Agreed he's a good #3

#15 neckdemon

neckdemon

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,718 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

Fact: the o-line played like sh!t
Fact: receivers sucked
Fact: running backs were avg
Fact: OC sucked

if this were the first year sanchez sucked.....i might say ok fair point. but it's been 4 years and the dude is getting worse and now he's just putting the team into insurmountable situations.

Edited by neckdemon, 02 January 2013 - 09:54 PM.

#16 cr726

cr726

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

if this were the first year sanchez sucked.....i might say ok fair point. but it's been 4 years and the dude is getting worse and now he's just putting the team into insurmountable situations.

Poor coaching and surrounding him with mediocre wr's and he should get better? He has lost all confidence and that matters.

#17 neckdemon

neckdemon

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,718 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

Poor coaching and surrounding him with mediocre wr's and he should get better? He has lost all confidence and that matters.

so you are in the camp that hasn't given up on him and thinks he needs another shot?

#18 cr726

cr726

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

so you are in the camp that hasn't given up on him and thinks he needs another shot?

I'm trying to be rational.

#19 hoping4ASuperBowl

hoping4ASuperBowl

boombastic

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

Agreed he's a good #3

And he was the only receiver to step up this year. I would argue he could be a decent #2 but it depends who's playing opposite of him.
Check out my work:
www.3dyagos.com

#20 cr726

cr726

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

And he was the only receiver to step up this year. I would argue he could be a decent #2 but it depends who's playing opposite of him.

I agree with you, he stepped up, but did fumble a few as well

#21 neckdemon

neckdemon

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,718 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

I'm trying to be rational.

ok. but, imo, if he were a good qb surrounded by completely inept talent that would be apparent. but as it is you can watch what he does and it's apparent he's not. locks onto receivers, makes horrible decisions with the ball, is inaccurate, has terrible pocket presence, very narrow field vision, can not hold onto the football and just generally is not very good at playing professional level quarterback in the nfl.

#22 cr726

cr726

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

ok. but, imo, if he were a good qb surrounded by completely inept talent that would be apparent. but as it is you can watch what he does and it's apparent he's not. locks onto receivers, makes horrible decisions with the ball, is inaccurate, has terrible pocket presence, very narrow field vision, can not hold onto the football and just generally is not very good at playing professional level quarterback in the nfl.

So you've been ripping him since he started?

#23 neckdemon

neckdemon

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,718 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

So you've been ripping him since he started?

no i kept wanting to give him a chance to prove he would become the player we wanted him to be. he isn't and never will be

#24 hoping4ASuperBowl

hoping4ASuperBowl

boombastic

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

I agree with you, he stepped up, but did fumble a few as well

True. But I'll take his few fumbles over all the turnovers Sanchez committed all year.

Edited by hoping4ASuperBowl, 02 January 2013 - 10:18 PM.

Check out my work:
www.3dyagos.com

#25 pedro55

pedro55

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

The Jets were awful this season. The offense wasn't good last year either. But good QBs make things work. They might not always win, might suck at times, but they show signs of greatness. Aaron Rodgers was sacked like 50 times this year, and while he didn't have a year like last year when they went 15-1, he still had like 39 TDs and 8 interceptions. And they really don't have a running game. Their defense still stinks.

Sometimes a great QB makes the entire team better. They don't always win the super bowl, but they sure as hell keep the team a contender year in and year out. The sad reality is Rodgers has 5 years experience as an NFL starter. Sanchez has 4 years as a starter.
True, Rodgers spent the first 3 years backing up Favre, but would Sanchez be any different if this were his first year as a starter? Not with this coaching staff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users