If we cut Sanchez June 1st?

neckdemon

Again I ask---can Sanchez' contract be redone tomake it more palatable/even tradeable? I am sure he wants out and would sign off. I am all for getting as many picks in this draft as possible. Have a sh*t year but build up some reserve talent. Then next year, with a higher draft pick, draft to win.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again I ask---can Sanchez' contract be redone tomake it more palatable/even tradeable? I am sure he wants out and would sign off. I am all for getting as many picks in this draft as possible. Have a sh*t year but build up some reserve talent. Then next year, with a higher draft pick, draft to win.

Sanchez has zero incentive to redo his deal. He's got $8.25M guaranteed coming to him this season, which is probably more than he'd get in a four year deal if he were a free agent. In fact, the Jets inexplicably didn't include any offsets in the deal. So theoretically, Sanchez could be cut by the Jets, collect his $8.25M, and then sign with another team and collect another salary on top of that.

That Tanny, he was a whiz at this contract stuff.

Sanchez has zero incentive to redo his deal. He's got $8.25M guaranteed coming to him this season, which is probably more than he'd get in a four year deal if he were a free agent. In fact, the Jets inexplicably didn't include any offsets in the deal. So theoretically, Sanchez could be cut by the Jets, collect his $8.25M, and then sign with another team and collect another salary on top of that.

That Tanny, he was a whiz at this contract stuff.

I was afraid it might be something like that. I thought if he still thought he could play he could only be traded if he redid the contract.

The receivers sucked, the running game was sporadic and you want to blame 1 guy? McElroy got sacked 11 times, fumbled and threw a pick.

Well I have to blame Sanchez as well the problem with Sanchez is he isn't believeable as a QB so they load the box with 7 to 8 people. Also, they know when he does throw, its between 0 - 9 yards therefore, the defenses coverage area reduces quite significantly. With McElroy, the play calling as....lets say reserved

Agree here. Offensive coaches are egotistical to the grave. Guaranteed there are a handful of them that think they can make any quarterback better just by sheer force of their own coaching greatness. Not unlike pitching coaches.

And even in the years that he went deep into the playoffs, his numbers were very pedestrian (Trent Dilfer like) he also had4 former first round O linemen in front of him also that made Shaun Greene look pretty good and they keep our defense off the field

Archived