Who will be the RB in 2013?

GangisGreen

Yes we need a GM, O-Cord., QB, WR, LB's, and two safeties. But I was wondering who will be the back next year. Greene is FA and hopefully he is done with us as I am not a fan. Powell showed some good things but I do not think he is the answer.

Do we draft a back?

Bernard -UNC

Ellington-Clemson

Taylor-Stanford

Ball-Wisc.

All four have great promise but will they be available in 2nd or 3rd rd?

Free Agents worth looking at

Chris Ivory-My choice but is restricted FA

Reggie Bush?

Rashad Jennings

Andre Brown (but is exclusive)

Powell and a Draft pick.

Although there's no elite runner imo I really like the mid rounders (2nd-5th).

Lacey

Ball

Taylor

Ellington

Bell

Michael

Barner

...Bernard might be gone by their second pick....but who freaking knows pre-combine.

I would also try to resign Greene (for the right price), who is an underrated RB imo. He's a perfect complimentary #2.

Witness the 49er's mauling O-line...

...not to mention their impressive collection of running talent: Frank Gore, Kendall Hunter, Anthony Dixon, Brandon Jacobs, and THEN they draft LaMichael James.

It's almost like they were aware of the toll a Run-First team takes on it's running backs, and planned accordingly. Hmmmmm.

Yes really. He's better than Greene in every facet of being a RB including the smaller aspects of the game such as staying healthy within games, catching passes, and pass protection.

Ummm how about metric's like I dont know... touchdowns 2012: Greene 8 Jackson 4 Maybe Rushing Yards 2012: Greene 1,063 Jackson 1,042 YPC 2012: Greene 3.9 Jackson 4.1 Average Rushing yard per game 2012 Greene 66.4 Jackson 65.1

Bottom line Greene was the 14 ranked RB in the league this year and S.Jax is 15. I am not say Greene is the solution but substituting him with the same player is not a upgrade

Bottom line Greene was the 14 ranked RB in the league this year and S.Jax is 15. I am not say Greene is the solution but substituting him with the same player is not a upgrade

They're not the same player when you look at more than just the rushing aspect of being a RB. Jackson is a way more useful in the passing game, and fumbles less than Greene as well.

Ummm how about metric's like I dont know... touchdowns 2012: Greene 8 Jackson 4 Maybe Rushing Yards 2012: Greene 1,063 Jackson 1,042 YPC 2012: Greene 3.9 Jackson 4.1 Average Rushing yard per game 2012 Greene 66.4 Jackson 65.1

I would take Jackson in a heartbeat but I don't think either are worth any real money, especially in a throw away season

Witness the 49er's mauling O-line...

Kind of like our 2008-2009 OL? Yea remember how awesome that group was? To bad we never replaced the 4 veterans that either blocked or ran behind them in TRich TJone Faneca and Woody! That leadership has never been replaced, and IMO that is 75% of this teams problem, lack of leadership inside the locker room amongst players.

Stephen Jackson (29) has been talking about retiring and saying he would like to go out "on top". If I'm getting a running back in free agency at all, I'd rather grab a younger back to help out in the passing game like Justin Forsett or Peyton Hillis. Would have to run a committee

Archived