Have we actually interviewed anyone yet?

Integrity28

All I've seen are reports of asking permission and some other conjecture from the press, but no evidence of actually interviewing anyone so far.

Anyone see evidence to say otherwise? If they are interviewing and keeping it from the press I say good for them, about time this organization does something without running right to the press to spill the beans.

All I've seen are reports of asking permission and some other conjecture from the press, but no evidence of actually interviewing anyone so far.

Anyone see evidence to say otherwise? If they are interviewing and keeping it from the press I say good for them, about time this organization does something without running right to the press to spill the beans.

I don't think they are capable of keeping it from the press. From what I have read they are scheduled to start interviewing today with several set for the weekend. A bunch of these guys have already met with the Jags.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/woody-johnson-to-begin-interviewing-gm-candidates-friday-1.4404178

While Rex Ryan continues to sun himself in the Bahamas, the Jets’ search for a new general manager is expected to officially heat up today with the first of a planned flurry of interviews.

Falcons director of player personnel Dave Caldwell will interview today followed by 49ers player personnel director Tom Gamble tomorrow. The Jets also will interview ex-Browns GM Tom Heckert, Giants director of college scouting and current assistant GM Scott Cohen over the next few days.

The Jets have also received permission to speak with John Dorsey, the Packers director of football operations. Dorsey, who played linebacker at UConn from 1980-83, has been with Green Bay in a number of personnel capacities, including as director of college scouting. It was not immediately known when his interview will take place.

04.1s.066.jets.C.ta--300x300.jpg

AP

GOING GREEN? With Jets coach Rex Ryan (left) in the Bahamas, the search for a new general manager to replace Mike Tannenbaum continues today as owner Woody Johnson (right) will likely interview a pair of candidates.

Jets owner Woody Johnson didn’t appear to be in any hurry earlier in the week to replace the fired Mike Tannenbaum, but league sources think that might have changed in the past 24 hours because of the sudden influx of competition for Gang Green’s initial slate of prospects.

The Chiefs, who appear to be on the verge of hiring Andy Reid as their new coach, in particular could impact the Jets’ timetable. That’s because league sources say Reid — who worked with Heckert in Philadelphia — would want to bring Heckert to Kansas City to replace current GM Scott Pioli, who is currently in limbo.

Pioli’s exit also could end up factoring into the Jets’ search in other ways, though. Not only is Pioli a former Jets executive, but he also is the son-in-law of Bill Parcells — the same Parcells who is thought to have the ear of Johnson even though the Jets’ owner has hired a headhunter to conduct his search officially.

One thing is certain: The Jets won’t have Parcells as a candidate for GM or any significant role other than Woody Johnson Whisperer. The former Jets coach told ESPN Radio yesterday he would have no interest in the GM job.

“No, I wouldn’t listen,” Parcells said. “I’m done with football.”

Parcells, though, could tell Johnson what is already becoming clear to people around the league — the Jets likely will need to act fast if they truly want the biggest names on their list.

That’s especially true of Gamble, Ross and Caldwell. Gamble, who has the vocal backing of respected ex-Colts GM Bill Polian, already has interviewed with the Jaguars and is scheduled to speak soon with the Chargers and Browns — and Jacksonville and San Diego have indicated they plan to hire a new GM within days.

Gamble also has a Jets connection, having served as a defensive assistant and quality control coach for Gang Green in 1995-96, and is respected around the league by a lot more influential voices than just Polian.

The son of former Eagles president Harry Gamble, Tom Gamble earns raves not just because of the 49ers’ terrific run recently of both drafting and veteran acquisitions, but also because of his varied experience. Gamble is the rare executive who has worked in both pro and college scouting, conducted contract negotiations, worked with the salary cap and also coached in the league.

“You name it, the guy has done it,” an NFC GM said yesterday. “How many people in this [GM] job around the league can say the same thing?”I guess the only surprise is that he hasn’t been in such hot demand until now.

Gamble’s varied background also would be a dramatic change from Tannenbaum, whose only previous role was as a cap expert before taking over as GM.

Ross, meanwhile, also has interviews with Jacksonville, San Diego and the Panthers set for the next week or so and is thought to be the leading candidate in Carolina. There is a very good reason for that, too. Ex-Giants GM Ernie Accorsi is running the Panthers’ search after being hired as a consultant recently by owner Jerry Richardson.

You dont think the guy from Green Bay is a great candidate? Look at the team they've put together.

Or how about Marc Ross who has assembled quite the team with low draft picks.

I was just stating my favorite. I think all the names I've seen that we've asked permission to talk to are great candidates.

You dont think the guy from Green Bay is a great candidate? Look at the team they've put together.

Or how about Marc Ross who has assembled quite the team with low draft picks.

Ernie Accorsi is going to bring Ross to Carolina and Gamble is interviewing everywhere. Reid is official in KC, which is taking another GM from the Jets list. I hope there's a Plan D.

Ernie Accorsi is going to bring Ross to Carolina and Gamble is interviewing everywhere. Reid is official in KC, which is taking another GM from the Jets list. I hope there's a Plan D.

I think if all fails, the fallback candidate is Clinksdales who from what I hear left Jets right before season to a huge clash on philosophy/direction/moves Tanny was taking. So bad that the sides agreed to part ways so close to start of camp. What I do not is whether Bradway was a Tanny or a Joey guy?

What would you think about bringing Mike Tannenbaum in? I hear he is great with the salary cap.

I think if all fails, the fallback candidate is Clinksdales who from what I hear left Jets right before season to a huge clash on philosophy/direction/moves Tanny was taking. So bad that the sides agreed to part ways so close to start of camp. What I do not is whether Bradway was a Tanny or a Joey guy?

NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOO

I think at a minimum, whether a real tat or Fake tat is Woody will be telling Gamble/other GM candidates in interview "Hey, I kept Rex on in case new GM wanted, but it's your call"

This would be the most lucid approach. They need to make a decision chop-chop and not dick around.

Chill, bro. The search dude that found Brady Hoke is all over it.

I think it would be awesome to find out that Parcells, in his role as Woody's Whisperer, is the man behind the idea of having new GM hold onto Rex for at least next season. Certainly if Parcells was telling Woody that Rex couldn't coach, he'd be gone, right?

I think it would be awesome to find out that Parcells, in his role as Woody's Whisperer, is the man behind the idea of having new GM hold onto Rex for at least next season. Certainly if Parcells was telling Woody that Rex couldn't coach, he'd be gone, right?

Is there a Snopes-type site dedicated solely to Bill Parcells conspiracy theories?

Wow, it's already becoming obvious that no matter who they get you will have a problem with them. Who is your top choice?

This would be the most lucid approach. They need to make a decision chop-chop and not dick around.

Please never use the words 'chop-chop' and 'dick' in the same sentence ever again. Seriously, that just made me cringe lol.

Wow, it's already becoming obvious that no matter who they get you will have a problem with them. Who is your top choice?

I like the names being floated. My fear is that the route we're trying to take to draw those names here will lead us nowhere, however. Jacksonville just essentially fired Mike Mularkey by telling his staff to start looking for other jobs. What have we done? We've supposedly floated the mandate that any new GM who wants to risk his professional career working for Woody Johnson has to spend a year watching Rex Ryan try and subvert him.

I like the names being floated. My fear is that the route we're trying to take to draw those names here will lead us nowhere, however. Jacksonville just essentially fired Mike Mularkey by telling his staff to start looking for other jobs. What have we done? We've supposedly floated the mandate that any new GM who wants to risk his professional career working for Woody Johnson has to spend a year watching Rex Ryan try and subvert him.

ya I hear ya, I just think if a strong interview happens and the guy has balls to say 'I will bring coach X with me, and here are reasons why its right move' Woody may be swayed.

ya I hear ya, I just think if a strong interview happens and the guy has balls to say 'I will bring coach X with me, and here are reasons why its right move' Woody may be swayed.

I think it's more likely that they take the podium on Tuesday to announce Scott Cohen as the new GM.

Caldwell interview Friday

January, 4, 2013

The Jets, searching for a GM to replace Mike Tannenbaum, will meet Friday with Falcons director of player personnel Dave Caldwell, sources confirmed.

Caldwell is one of six known candidates. The others are former Browns GM Tom Heckett, who will interview Saturday; 49ers director of player personnel Tom Gamble, who will interview Saturday; Giants director of college scouting Marc Ross; Packers director of football operations John Dorsey; and Jets assistant GM Scott Cohen.

These are the 6 known...

We actually haven't 'heard' anything. The Jets have been almost Patriot-like in their silence after the season ended. All we have are 'sources' which have proven to be unreliable in the past. I'm so fed up with the media that I won't believe anything that isn't a direct quote from Woody or Rex.

ESPN reporting Jets have reached out to Cam Cameron for Sporano's job. WTF?

I am OK with Cam ONLY if its as QB coach to Norv's OC

Cam isn't going to be a QB coach. I hope these sources are just full of crap. Because I'm starting to think the Jets have no idea what the hell they are doing. And there is no plan. Just more grasping at straws.

ESPN reporting Jets have reached out to Cam Cameron for Sporano's job. WTF?

I am OK with Cam ONLY if its as QB coach to Norv's OC

Cam isn't going to be a QB coach. I hope these sources are just full of crap. Because I'm starting to think the Jets have no idea what the hell they are doing. And there is no plan. Just more grasping at straws.

Good grief.

Archived