•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Have we actually interviewed anyone yet?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#26 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,788 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

I like the names being floated. My fear is that the route we're trying to take to draw those names here will lead us nowhere, however. Jacksonville just essentially fired Mike Mularkey by telling his staff to start looking for other jobs. What have we done? We've supposedly floated the mandate that any new GM who wants to risk his professional career working for Woody Johnson has to spend a year watching Rex Ryan try and subvert him.

ya I hear ya, I just think if a strong interview happens and the guy has balls to say 'I will bring coach X with me, and here are reasons why its right move' Woody may be swayed.
Posted Image

"No straight lines make up my life, and all my roads have bends;
There's no clear-cut beginnings, and so far no dead-ends."

#27 T0mShane

T0mShane

You can smell the death upon him.

• Members
  • 29,405 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

ya I hear ya, I just think if a strong interview happens and the guy has balls to say 'I will bring coach X with me, and here are reasons why its right move' Woody may be swayed.

I think it's more likely that they take the podium on Tuesday to announce Scott Cohen as the new GM.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#28 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,788 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

I think it's more likely that they take the podium on Tuesday to announce Scott Cohen as the new GM.

Lord no. I think Gaines will take the job if offered if we whiff on BigThree.

Edited by SouthernJet, 04 January 2013 - 03:59 PM.

Posted Image

#29 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

In search of terminally ill online girlfriend

• Members
  • 6,849 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

That might be Woody's final **** you to me

28ad228d-4df6-4b64-b890-b5246112bd82.jpg

#30 Integrity28

Integrity28

Told you so.

• Members
  • 35,376 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

Caldwell interview Friday
January, 4, 2013

The Jets, searching for a GM to replace Mike Tannenbaum, will meet Friday with Falcons director of player personnel Dave Caldwell, sources confirmed.

Caldwell is one of six known candidates. The others are former Browns GM Tom Heckett, who will interview Saturday; 49ers director of player personnel Tom Gamble, who will interview Saturday; Giants director of college scouting Marc Ross; Packers director of football operations John Dorsey; and Jets assistant GM Scott Cohen.

These are the 6 known...

Edited by Integrity28, 04 January 2013 - 04:07 PM.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#31 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,788 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

That might be Woody's final **** you to me

if it happens it means everyone said No due to Circus and Keep rex mantra. It will also mean a 1 /2 year deal for Cohen, no more.
Posted Image

#32 KSJets

KSJets

The Hammer

• Members
  • 4,198 posts
  • LocationPlainsboro, NJ

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

I like the names being floated. My fear is that the route we're trying to take to draw those names here will lead us nowhere, however. Jacksonville just essentially fired Mike Mularkey by telling his staff to start looking for other jobs. What have we done? We've supposedly floated the mandate that any new GM who wants to risk his professional career working for Woody Johnson has to spend a year watching Rex Ryan try and subvert him.

We actually haven't 'heard' anything. The Jets have been almost Patriot-like in their silence after the season ended. All we have are 'sources' which have proven to be unreliable in the past. I'm so fed up with the media that I won't believe anything that isn't a direct quote from Woody or Rex.
"This "breaking news" was addressed a few weeks ago. The Pats suck and all of their accomplishments are bogus as they cheated." - Gainzo

#33 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,788 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

ESPN reporting Jets have reached out to Cam Cameron for Sporano's job. WTF?
I am OK with Cam ONLY if its as QB coach to Norv's OC
Posted Image

#34 pedro55

pedro55

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

Cam isn't going to be a QB coach. I hope these sources are just full of crap. Because I'm starting to think the Jets have no idea what the hell they are doing. And there is no plan. Just more grasping at straws.

#35 Integrity28

Integrity28

Told you so.

• Members
  • 35,376 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

Cam isn't going to be a QB coach. I hope these sources are just full of crap. Because I'm starting to think the Jets have no idea what the hell they are doing. And there is no plan. Just more grasping at straws.

Good grief.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#36 T0mShane

T0mShane

You can smell the death upon him.

• Members
  • 29,405 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

Desperate dudes willing to take jobs working for a coach on life support. Cam Cameron and Scott Cohen, Mike Vick, please report to the white courtesy phone.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#37 Il Mostro

Il Mostro

Cazzone

• Members
  • 5,276 posts
  • LocationOut West

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

Please never use the words 'chop-chop' and 'dick' in the same sentence ever again. Seriously, that just made me cringe lol.

:rl:
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then it's just fun.

#38 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

In search of terminally ill online girlfriend

• Members
  • 6,849 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

I can't believe he's paying a consulting firm. He could **** up this bad on his own. They should really return his money in order to distance themselves from this. Working with Woody is career suicide.

28ad228d-4df6-4b64-b890-b5246112bd82.jpg

#39 pedro55

pedro55

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

I can't believe he's paying a consulting firm. He could **** up this bad on his own. They should really return his money in order to distance themselves from this. Working with Woody is career suicide.

If they haven't really interviewed any GM candidates yet, Woody has been doing his own silent agenda, and Rex won't be involved in any decisions and is on vacation showing off his tat, who is actually doing anything? Why reach out to any OC ? Why not just wait till the new GM is hired? It's all absurd to me that they are not firing anybody, reaching out to everybody, etc.

Did Woody just hand over a blank check to the consulting firm and say "do whatever you want."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users