Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter Scott Pioli out in KC.

Maxman

This guy worked wonders in kc. Woohoo!

They have a pretty solid nucleus of players there, they just made a huge mistake with Cassel and never found another QB. That said, he's the best of the experienced GM's available for our club, I think. Better than AJ Smith. I mean if we could lure someone like Mike Lombardi out of TV, that would be nice too, or eve Casserly, but I think for me it's got to be one of the candidates from the 49ers, Giants, Falcons, Packers or Pioli.

Pioli knows if he can fix the Jets, win a championship, he will be immortalized. He also has to know at this point that another failed stint anywhere since NE means it wasn't him, but Bellichik will get the credit for building the winners up there.

They have a pretty solid nucleus of players there, they just made a huge mistake with Cassel and never found another QB. That said, he's the best of the experienced GM's available for our club, I think. Better than AJ Smith. I mean if we could lure someone like Mike Lombardi out of TV, that would be nice too, or eve Casserly, but I think for me it's got to be one of the candidates from the 49ers, Giants, Falcons, Packers or Pioli.

Pioli knows if he can fix the Jets, win a championship, he will be immortalized. He also has to know at this point that another failed stint anywhere since NE means it wasn't him, but Bellichik will get the credit for building the winners up there.

Plus Pioli reads JetNation when he wants Jets news. So we would be in good shape here. :)

This is a stupid way to interpret what I wrote.

I interpreted it just fine. Pioli did everything well except invest in a sh*tty QB and fail to find another one. We need a GM who is willing and able to invest all resources towards finding an acceptable QB for the team's future. Everything else is of less importance.

I interpreted it just fine. Pioli did everything well except invest in a sh*tty QB and fail to find another one. We need a GM who is willing and able to invest all resources towards finding an acceptable QB for the team's future. Everything else is of less importance.

To his credit, Cassel was outstanding with the Patriots. I do agree with your premise, but to label Pioli as the "guy who can't get a QB" is stupid. He made an informed decision with Cassel, and then the guy imploded.

I can't imagine a scenario where they don't talk to him. That said, I'm more intrigued by the guys like Ross and Gamble.

The scenario in which they're in a rush to sign someone better comes to mind.

That's why it didn't come to mind... doesn't exactly sound like something we've come to expect from the Jets, ya know?

I suspect they want to wrap this up before their press conference on Tuesday.

Pioli may not be a bad choice as a GM and Wisenhunt may not be a bad choice as a HC. Given that probably for the first time ever (as far as I can recall) there are so many teams looking for a GM at the same time he might be a good fallback option. And he knows more about talent evaluation than Tanny ever did.

What happened in KC and Arizona just shows that if a QB move does not succeed it takes the whole franchise down with the it. I think Pioli made a decision on Cassel based on his play pretty much one entire season. When he was traded the Pats fans were criticizing Belichick for doing so. But it did not work out. So now Pioli is gone.

That just tells you how important it is to have a QB. Now if only Sanchez was even playing at an average level no one would be questioning Rex's job but instead preparing for the playoffs this weekend.

Archived