Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter Scott Pioli out in KC.

Maxman

Pioli may not be a bad choice as a GM and Wisenhunt may not be a bad choice as a HC. Given that probably for the first time ever (as far as I can recall) there are so many teams looking for a GM at the same time he might be a good fallback option. And he knows more about talent evaluation than Tanny ever did.

What happened in KC and Arizona just shows that if a QB move does not succeed it takes the whole franchise down with the it. I think Pioli made a decision on Cassel based on his play pretty much one entire season. When he was traded the Pats fans were criticizing Belichick for doing so. But it did not work out. So now Pioli is gone.

That just tells you how important it is to have a QB. Now if only Sanchez was even playing at an average level no one would be questioning Rex's job but instead preparing for the playoffs this weekend.

So then whats the difference between them and us?

So then whats the difference between them and us?

Not much. We have a failed QB situation. That's why Tanny does not have a job. And in Tanny's case he made the situation worse by extending Mark.

Tanny was never a talent evaluator. But someone like Pioli is. And he has done fairly well and will be an upgrade over Tanny.

At times like this there is a tendency to throw the baby with the bath water. And people calling for Rex's firing are doing just that because there are not many HC candidates that have the resume Rex does or as good as leading a team as Rex has in the past. So you cannot possibly upgrade the HC position by firing Rex.

So any potential GM who wants the firing of Rex as part of the deal to get accept the job as GM should be shown the door. Lets face it apart from Heckert none of these candidates do not have any GM experience. And if they are making such high demands before even accepting the job not on merits of the HC but as a matter of practice or an ego trip, well they should be just shown the door.

If I know Pioli right he will not even think a thought about Jets. His thinking is old school NE, I mean he will have to clean house. No loud mouth Rex for one.

I respect Pioli and think he has all the tools to be a successful GM but I think he is an ill fit in the crazy Jets of 2012.

Pioli may not be a bad choice as a GM and Wisenhunt may not be a bad choice as a HC. Given that probably for the first time ever (as far as I can recall) there are so many teams looking for a GM at the same time he might be a good fallback option. And he knows more about talent evaluation than Tanny ever did.

What happened in KC and Arizona just shows that if a QB move does not succeed it takes the whole franchise down with the it. I think Pioli made a decision on Cassel based on his play pretty much one entire season. When he was traded the Pats fans were criticizing Belichick for doing so. But it did not work out. So now Pioli is gone.

That just tells you how important it is to have a QB. Now if only Sanchez was even playing at an average level no one would be questioning Rex's job but instead preparing for the playoffs this weekend.

The problem with Pioli is how it ended with Todd Haley. Haley by most accounts is a nasty peice fo work, but Pioli was a total control freak about phones, internet, visitors. It's a whole Bellicheat thing that works great when you have Tom Brady, but otherwise it sounds like bad management, pissing people off for no good reason. Granted Todd Haley may not be the greatest resource for such nonsense.

Can guarantee that Parcells is talking up his son in law to Woody and at some point Pioli gets an interview for some job with the jts. Screw it: interview Mangini and Herm while you're at it.

One more reason Gamble or Ross make sense over Pioli; enough of the Parcells/Bellicheat nonsense.

What about his fit with the 2013 Jets? Pioli + Whisenhunt would be pretty badass as far as reputation is concerned, but I do think there is a little something to the whole "no more Parcells/trying to be the Pats" nonsense...Steelers next?

I'd love it if they stopped trying to emulate the long-time great organizations and just became one. How about the rest of the NFL talks about becoming the next Jets.

I believed those are called "cautionary tales"

Depends on the character of the person interpreting the statement. I look at it as setting the bar high, aspirations. If you want to put a cynical slant on it, go for it... nothing good comes from cynicism.

I'd love it if they stopped trying to emulate the long-time great organizations and just became one. How about the rest of the NFL talks about becoming the next Jets.

You're a dreamer. I say the Jets emulate the Steelers/Packers/Pats/Giants/Current Hots and then best them in future competition.

You're a dreamer. I say the Jets emulate the Steelers/Packers/Pats/Giants/Current Hots and then best them in future competition.

I'm a guy a week removed from his honeymoon, a promotion and other such awesome things... I just can't be negative right now. Impossible.

I'll take what you are prescribing in a heartbeat... as it is likely the path towards my dream, per say.

The problem with Pioli is how it ended with Todd Haley. Haley by most accounts is a nasty peice fo work, but Pioli was a total control freak about phones, internet, visitors. It's a whole Bellicheat thing that works great when you have Tom Brady, but otherwise it sounds like bad management, pissing people off for no good reason. Granted Todd Haley may not be the greatest resource for such nonsense.

Can guarantee that Parcells is talking up his son in law to Woody and at some point Pioli gets an interview for some job with the jts. Screw it: interview Mangini and Herm while you're at it.

One more reason Gamble or Ross make sense over Pioli; enough of the Parcells/Bellicheat nonsense.

Really good post. Making sure they move in a new direction is important.

And I never really thought about how that was a marriage born in hell (Haley \ Pioli). They knew each other for a long time but personality wise, they are opposite ends of the earth.

Archived