Reviewing "Trader Mike"

CrazyCarl40

The premise of this is to question Mangold as a leader in the locker room, as if any of us Stooges have any clue who the leaders in the locker room are. Do we suppose it's Scott? Is that what we want out of Mangold? Is it Holmes? Is that what this "vocal leader" sh*t is anyway? I for one don't claim to know who does what in the Jets locker room, but I see who doesn't mail it in on the field.

Sperm has already written much better versions of this article.

Problem with this article is weighs the good and the bad as though all these players cost the same. There are no salary numbers attached to the players when money was a prime - if not THE prime - motivation for the players' movements from one team to another. Salary cap space is the reason we traded Abraham, is the reason we traded Leon, is the reason we got Cromartie, Braylon, etc.

Complaining about Nick Mangold....JN has hit rock bottom.

You miss the point. Mangold is fine, however, giving up our best pass rusher and a pro-bowl center to get a center is stupid roster managment.

Mawae was good for 3 more years or so, we cut him. Why? Because Mangini wanted the NFLPA rep out of the locker room, because he was doing his "make believe I'm secretive Bill" nonsense here.

Abraham was traded because fans were pissed off at him. Made him expendable because Woody is easily bent to the will of the degenerate fanbase.

In hindsight it was a terrible start to a 7 year stretch of roster mismanagement. Swapping a pass rusher and center for a center is indicative of how we ended up with a team with absolutely zero quality depth on it. Trading away picks last year for Tebow and Steven Hill, two guys the coaching staff seemed to not want anywhere near the field last season was the same kind of mismanagement.

Archived