Jets expected to hire Tom Gamble

Klecko73isGod

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Gamble and am glad we are focusing on a strong personnel guy. He has been around 24 years so he is no flash in the pan or flavor of the month. On the flip side, he isn't a re-tread. This is probably the right hire at the right time for all parties concerned.

Here's the problem:

-He's done the job before. (we always hire first-timers into these positions)

-People have heard of him. (see note above)

At some point the jets will announce, with much fanfare, the thrilling promotion of Timmy the bathroom cologne attendant.

Here's the problem:

-He's done the job before. (we always hire first-timers into these positions)

-People have heard of him. (see note above)

At some point the jets will announce, with much fanfare, the thrilling promotion of Timmy the bathroom cologne attendant.

Hai Karate for everyone!

I like Gamble and am glad we are focusing on a strong personnel guy. He has been around 24 years so he is no flash in the pan or flavor of the month. On the flip side, he isn't a re-tread. This is probably the right hire at the right time for all parties concerned.

Bill belichick was a retread. Just saying.

Could be a good hire. Also, If and when Jets hire him maybe when Harbaughs contract is up he could lure him to the Big Apple.

Nice thought, but Harbaugh left Stanford for the 49ers when nobody really thought the 49ers were a good team.

It seems he doesn't really want to move.

That is the funny thing though. The 49ers were considered a bad team with a bust of a QB before Harbaugh.

2011 49ers Preview :

"Outlook: There are a couple of reasons I'm predisposed against the 49ers going far: 1) They couldn't do diddly-poo a year ago when the door to the NFC West was open; 2) I'm leery of college coaches making the move to the pros. I know it has been done, and it has been done successfully ... only not lately. Maybe Harbaugh is the exception. All I know is what this team needs is something it hasn't had in years -- a signature victory to prove it can play with the big boys. It should have had it last year in Atlanta. It failed. It should have had it last year vs. New Orleans. It failed. I think you get the idea. Now you know why I'm skeptical that anything that happens now won't be different from what happened last year ... and the year before that ... and the year before that ... and ...

Projected finish: 7-9, third in NFC West"

So Tom Gamble might be a good GM, he might be a bad one, who knows, all I know is that before Harbaugh, hell even with Harbaugh last year, nobody thought the 49ers were a super bowl contender. And it's not like they found a great rookie QB. They won with Alex Smith. The guy who was a bust. They won with defense.

This year they are a strong team with a good defense and an offense that is closer to the ground and pound that Rex Ryan loves so much. It's one of those 'dont turn the ball over' offense. Kapernick had a good game, but who knows if he's the real deal. He has talent, but i'm not sold on him being some great QB yet.

Who knows how much input Gamble had on decisions or not. He seems like an interesting candidate who is a step up from Tanny. Then again, go back two years and who was saying Tanny should be fired and Gamble and the 49ers were the team to emulate?

Positive article - media spin

Negative article - media truth

You're an idiot. Florio didn't even make a passing attempt to pretend that he sourced this article. He mailed it in from his Droid based solely on who was interviewing where. If he had an article saying "anonymous sources are telling PFT that Gamble will sign with Jets..." then we have a story. This is not that. Dolt.

Archived