Jets expected to hire Tom Gamble

Klecko73isGod

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember those days :(

It aint me anymore. I feel like the Old Horse in the pasture watching all the young Colts go nuts while I munch grass and crap all day ;)

Reminds me of an old joke a chief told us in the Navy..

A young bull and an old bull were sitting on top of a hill munching grass.

The young bull said "hey, how about we run down there and tag ourselves a female?"

The old bull said "hey, how about we WALK down, and tag 'em all?"

It's not about the energy, but rather how you put it to use.

Three years would be an unusually short contract. I thought that given the forced Rex year that new GM might get a five year deal.

i thought the same thing myself, but just maybe he could be angling himself if he does a good enough job in the 1st 3 years for a nice extension and some more $

Three years would be an unusually short contract. I thought that given the forced Rex year that new GM might get a five year deal.

I was just wondering about that.

IIRC Tanny was given an extension on Hard Knocks before the 2010. And by accounts i ran to 2014 season. So that's a 5 year extension. So why give the new guy just 3-4 years. I won't be surprised if when the GM hiring is finally announced we find out its a longer deal.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/19845/update-on-gm-search

Here's the latest on the Jets' GM search:

So far, they've interviewed two candidates -- Falcons director of player personnel Dave Caldwell and 49ers director of player personnel Tom Gamble. The Gamble interview occurred Saturday.

On Monday, they will meet with two more candidates, Giants director of college scouting Marc Ross and Jets assistant GM Scott Cohen. Packers director of football operations John Dorsey still is on the Jets' list, but that's a fluid situation. He's rumored to be the Chiefs' GM choice.

Gamble is thought to be the Jets' frontrunner, but there's no truth to rumors that it's a done deal. It's actually kind of funny because Gamble was in the middle of his interview Saturday when rumors surfaced that he'd been hired.

The chances of hiring a GM before Tuesday's anticipated Rex Ryan/Woody Johnson news conference remain highly unlikely. The Jets may speed up the search because of the competition for top candidates, but they want to be smart and deliberate.

If the Jets aren't convinced they've found the right man by the end of the first round of interviews, which will be Monday, they could expand the search to include more candidates.

chances of hiring a GM before Tuesday's anticipated Rex Ryan/Woody Johnson news conference remain highly unlikely. The Jets may speed up the search because of the competition for top candidates, but they want to be smart and deliberate.

If the Jets aren't convinced they've found the right man by the end of the first round of interviews, which will be Monday, they could expand the search to include more candidates.

Conventional wisdom would be that taking time and making the right decision is a good thing, with Woody it means we'll probably wind up with Scott Cohen, Joey Clinkscales or Parcell's will sell him on Pioli. Woody thinking too much is never a good thing.

Conventional wisdom would be that taking time and making the right decision is a good thing, with Woody it means we'll probably wind up with Scott Cohen, Joey Clinkscales or Parcell's will sell him on Pioli. Woody thinking too much is never a good thing.

Either A: They have a handshake with Gamble and are just looking to satisfy the Rooney Rule on Monday or B: Korn/Ferry is trying to manipulate the market with a steady stream of rumors to make it seem as though the Jets job is super-desirable. I'd be a little hesitant to let my #1 choice go out to San Diego and interview, myself, but who knows?

Either A: They have a handshake with Gamble and are just looking to satisfy the Rooney Rule on Monday or B: Korn/Ferry is trying to manipulate the market with a steady stream of rumors to make it seem as though the Jets job is super-desirable. I'd be a little hesitant to let my #1 choice go out to San Diego and interview, myself, but who knows?

Rooney rule is the dumbest rule in sports, after the defensive holding for auto first down despite field position. Lets say they did want Gamble, they have no legal way to seal that and like u said, can now lose him to a competitor.

Rooney rule is alright and makes sense unlike the Brady Rule where atleast one gay candidate needs to be interviewed!

On one hand it sucks not being able to sign your preferred candidate.

OTOH, this is the Jets we are talking about, and the forced discipline being imposed on them by having to interview Marc Ross is probably a good thing. He was a major contributor to two championship rosters in the past five years, after all.

However, how insulting must it be to Marc Ross knowing that you are the token black guy. Just another case of political correctness showing to be ill-thought out at best...

OTOH, this is the Jets we are talking about, and the forced discipline being imposed on them by having to interview Marc Ross is probably a good thing. He was a major contributor to two championship rosters in the past five years, after all.

However, how insulting must it be to Marc Ross knowing that you are the token black guy. Just another case of political correctness showing to be ill-thought out at best...

At least it gets some minority candidates facetime with owners and GM's that they wouldn't be able to get otherwise which could always lead to jobs down the road. Whats the alternative?

Most rules and laws are made because people chose not to do the right thing. It may not be perfect but it has helped more non caucasian coaches to be hired and seeing the success some have had i think its added to the game of football.

A football man to run a football team. Finally

Show some respect. It's Football Man, a race of man created specifically with the necessary skills to build a football franchise The Right Way. Their intellect and ability to See far surpasses dolphins and eagles as well as humans.

Doesn't matter. Whomever holds the GM position will be a failure. Whoever the new GM drafts in April will be a failure. The team is a failure. The coaching staff is a failure. The entire organization is a failure. They have been a failure since 1969. They will always be a failure. Nothing will ever change it. The Cubs will win a World Series before the Jets as much as win a AFC Championship. If the entire team was injected with syphillis not a single player would die because the disease would be unable to be successful around all that failure.

Doesn't matter. Whomever holds the GM position will be a failure. Whoever the new GM drafts in April will be a failure. The team is a failure. The coaching staff is a failure. The entire organization is a failure. They have been a failure since 1969. They will always be a failure. Nothing will ever change it. The Cubs will win a World Series before the Jets as much as win a AFC Championship. If the entire team was injected with syphillis not a single player would die because the disease would be unable to be successful around all that failure.

This

the force is strong with this one

Why do I fear that you are going to give yourself the POTW next week for this one? :)

Just a couple of thoughts/questions:

1. Im not a Smith supporter, but didnt this kid have like 4 OC's in 5 yrs? I mean, thats gotta be difficult for any young QB, no?

2. Technically, based on the hunch that pure breed Anglo Saxons are a dwindling race...wouldnt Gamble actually be the minority candidate? (I would just like to add that I am a minority for the record)

3. Does anybody think that Gamble isnt the route we should go...and why?

charlie-sheen-major-league-winning.jpg

Archived