I got a bill in the mail for $55

Maxman

Can anyone just who mailed me a bill in the mail? It was in the amount of $55. It was a strongly worded letter and it said I needed to pay the $55 immediately or risk some serious consequences.

Who do you think wants $55 from me?

That is right. You guessed it. The fine City of Newark wants $55 from me. They claim I got a parking illegally as I was parked by a restaurant recording a podcast in December.

The thing is, they never put a ticket on my car.

Pretty uncool. I either have to go to court or just send the $55 in. I wonder if I pay, will they send me a free t-shirt and can coozie? :)

Unfortunately, this is a true story.

Shot in the dark here. I've never tried this before but heard of people trying this if you wanna fight it. Is there an officers name on the ticket? If so you can try and find out his schedule by calling the police station and then setting a trial date on one of the days the officer is off and he might not show and then the ticket will be dropped.

Happened to me near my place of work a few years back. IIRC it was a 90 dollar ticket.

I called the traffic tickets division number on the ticket asking for the officer. They said he is on evening shift today and all week. So next day during lunch time I go to the city hall traffic division and then say I wanted to know from such and such officer when this ticket was written because I never found the ticket on my car. They told me the officer will start his shift in 3 and half hours. I told them i cannot wait so long and do not have a lot of spare time to come back. The women went in the back to talk to her supervisor and she came back and told me they just closed the ticket. I got the proof the ticket was closed in form a printout.

Can anyone just who mailed me a bill in the mail? It was in the amount of $55. It was a strongly worded letter and it said I needed to pay the $55 immediately or risk some serious consequences.

That is right. You guessed it. The fine City of Newark wants $55 from me. They claim I got a parking illegally as I was parked by a restaurant recording a podcast in December.

Pretty uncool. I either have to go to court or just send the $55 in. I wonder if I pay, will they send me a free t-shirt and can coozie? :)

I dont think it matters. Its your word vs the police officer.

You could be a scofflaw like the White Whale?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SRH_cFz-WM&playnext=1&list=PL5ED58C63BF066931&feature=results_video

I have seriously seen that before. What may have happened is cop was issuing ticket (in their car or standing nearby) while you got in car and drove away. They dont have to put on window in that case.

1. Pay it.

2. Keep the receipt.

3. Tax write-off in 2014.

4. ???

5. JN profits.

underpants-gnomes.jpg

Parking tickets are not tax deductible. Parking fees are, so this is a parking "fee".

They make the fine jsut low enough that taking a weekday off to fight it is more expensive and annoying to jolting pain in the ass that you will pay it.

Parking tickets are not tax deductible. Parking fees are, so this is a parking "fee".

They make the fine jsut low enough that taking a weekday off to fight it is more expensive and annoying to jolting pain in the ass that you will pay it.

That is exactly where I am at. $55 check is being mailed this week.

Just shitty that they never even mail the ticket. It never made it to the car. I was a few minutes over on the meter that day. I thought I made it free and clear. Not.

LOL. I warned ya Fame can be a pain.

I am always seeing photos of me in magazines with spaghetti hanging from my mouth or scratching my nuts in public.

I am just waiting for the day I see a iPhone under the crapper door videoing me taking a dump :(

in a 'restaurant' recording a podcast, ya, sure, come on, come clean.

Donut+Hitman.jpeg

Is your car registered to your home address? Thats where the ticket is gonna go- wherever they have the license plate on file.

Btw you need to stop hanging out in Newark

Pps i thought this letter may have been a collection attempt from the stoolsprayer

Yeah that is where the ticket went. My wife handed it to me yesterday and said, you got a parking ticket in Newark? Technically I never got the ticket lol.

I'm just going to pay it.

Some nice Portuguese places down there.... My friend owns Adega Grill

Some nice Portuguese places down there.... My friend owns Adega Grill

Just went to his site: http://www.adegagrill.com/

The word is out and rave reviews are coming in, we invite you to join us on your next outing and share your thoughts. For your convenience, free parking is available around the corner at 84-98 Madison St. Reservations are highly recommended.

Might have to check it out. Free parking sounds like a good plan, lol.

Lol yeah that place is great.... food is awesome.. and during the spring and summer they have outside dining.. Let me know next time you go or want to try and we can all meet up over there.

Awesome thanks. Not sure outside dining would be good for recording. With all the police sirens and such haha.

I'm sure they will accommodate your needs. You can't put a price tag on the publicity being the official home of the JN podcast gets you

LOL!

They get upset because they aren't equipped for crowd control.

Archived