•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Tom Gamble cancels Jag interview to focus on Jets

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 RyanBe_Tebowing

RyanBe_Tebowing

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

Jets GM search: Tom Gamble cancels Jaguars interview to focus on Jets

Tom Gamble, the 49ers director of player personnel, has cancelled a second interview with the Jaguars in order to focus on landing a job with the Jets, according to a report from ESPN's Adam Schefter.

We detail why the move makes sense here. In short, Gamble has known Rex Ryan for more than 20 years and worked under Ryan's father, Buddy, during his first job with the Eagles.

Gamble was also a quality control coach for the Jets between 1995-96.

Posted Image

#2 GREENBEAN

GREENBEAN

I may or may not like things

• Members
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

Good. Let's get this done and focus on the staff. Norv Turner for OC and Sparano demoted OL coach up first.
Why must the Jets make it possible for me to be ridiculed at work EVERY SINGLE YEAR??????

/Users/christopherteaney/Downloads/dark-elf-shaiya.jpg

#3 Integrity28

Integrity28

Told you so.

• Members
  • 36,064 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

Damn, I'm tough on Rex... But he does know how to coach defense. Unfortunately coaching isn't the only aspect of be head coach job. If Gamble can make Rex a better director/organizational leader, plus surround him with talented players we might just see Rex come into his own.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#4 Integrity28

Integrity28

Told you so.

• Members
  • 36,064 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

Good. Let's get this done and focus on the staff. Norv Turner for OC and Sparano demoted OL coach up first.

Didnt Alex Smith struggle under Norv? I think if we make a run at Smith, which we should, it would make more sense to poach from SF's current offensive staff for OC. I'd poach from them for DC too, for hat matter, lol

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#5 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

In search of terminally ill online girlfriend

• Members
  • 6,851 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

I would actually be satisfied with this. He's a top candidate and though I wanted the nitwit gone so we could work on changing the culture, if anyone can work with him it's this guy. Disagree on Alex Smith though for sure, we aren't going to be as deep or talented as SF any time soon. I'd rather he take a shot at finding a real QB and bring in people to actually develop him this time.

Edited by SayNoToDMC, 05 January 2013 - 01:21 PM.

28ad228d-4df6-4b64-b890-b5246112bd82.jpg

#6 Jetscode1

Jetscode1

Veteran

• Members
  • 8,010 posts
  • LocationNorth America; Western Hemisphere; the Earth; the Solar System; the Universe; the Mind of God

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

Didnt Alex Smith struggle under Norv? I think if we make a run at Smith, which we should, it would make more sense to poach from SF's current offensive staff for OC. I'd poach from them for DC too, for hat matter, lol

Before Harbaugh the only success Smith had was the one year with Norv.

Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland: A man must have a code. 

#7 Integrity28

Integrity28

Told you so.

• Members
  • 36,064 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

Okay, noted. I couldn't remember.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#8 spjets

spjets

NFL Alumni

• Members
  • 6,352 posts
  • Locationiron station NC

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

Norv was oc in SF???

#9 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 19,094 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

the 49ers ass kicking of the jets was particularly bad because they were the team the jets wanted to be

so gamble is my #1 choice

is he the guy with the rep for stockpiling picks and not trading up ? if so I will fap if he is hired
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

#10 GREENBEAN

GREENBEAN

• Members
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

I was speaking of getting Gamble done, but I would be fine with snagging some of the niner's coaching staff. Especially on offense.
Why must the Jets make it possible for me to be ridiculed at work EVERY SINGLE YEAR??????

#11 Jetscode1

Jetscode1

Veteran

• Members
  • 8,010 posts
  • LocationNorth America; Western Hemisphere; the Earth; the Solar System; the Universe; the Mind of God

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

Norv was oc in SF???

yes. 2006.

#12 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 20,248 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

the 49ers ass kicking of the jets was particularly bad because they were the team the jets wanted to be

so gamble is my #1 choice

is he the guy with the rep for stockpiling picks and not trading up ? if so I will fap if he is hired

Yes. Prepare to commence fapping.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#13 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,961 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

I think JETS and Gamble have been very close to an agreement from last week. And news like Gamble wants to bring in a new HC was floated to see the fans reaction very much like the news that Tanny will be reassigned to another position within the organization was floated the week before.

Rex's fate will decided on Woody's perception of how fans reacted to the news of HC firing.

#14 Jetscode1

Jetscode1

Veteran

• Members
  • 8,010 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

I think JETS and Gamble have been very close to an agreement from last week. And news like Gamble wants to bring in a new HC was floated to see the fans reaction very much like the news that Tanny will be reassigned to another position within the organization was floated the week before.

Rex's fate will decided on Woody's perception of how fans reacted to the news of HC firing.

I can see this.

#15 Joe Jets fan

Joe Jets fan

See ya Rex...

• Members
  • 922 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

Love this move. This is who I wanted.
Now, lets see if we can duck this up lol

#16 Drums

Drums

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

This would make me a happy drummer.

#17 Il Mostro

Il Mostro

Cazzone

• Members
  • 5,333 posts
  • LocationOut West

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

Jets GM search: Tom Gamble cancels Jaguars interview to focus on Jets

Tom Gamble, the 49ers director of player personnel, has cancelled a second interview with the Jaguars in order to focus on landing a job with the Jets, according to a report from ESPN's Adam Schefter.

We detail why the move makes sense here. In short, Gamble has known Rex Ryan for more than 20 years and worked under Ryan's father, Buddy, during his first job with the Eagles.

Gamble was also a quality control coach for the Jets between 1995-96.

Not for nothing, while I like Gamble for the GM position, '95 and '96 weren't exactly the golden age of Jets football. 4-28 over the two years.
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then it's just fun.

#18 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,838 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

TWEET IT OUT THERE RYAN!

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#19 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,838 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

Not for nothing, while I like Gamble for the GM position, '95 and '96 weren't exactly the golden age of Jets football. 4-28 over the two years.

Tss maybe he was controlling the quality of the losses or sumthin.

Gamble doesn't sound like a bad hire or anything. Not my favorite candidate but he's been tagged with "personel guy" which is sooooo Hansel right now.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

#20 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

Gamble doesn't sound like a bad hire or anything. Not my favorite candidate but he's been tagged with "personel guy" which is sooooo Hansel right now.

A QC coach is a ballboy.
Tank for Teddy.

#21 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,838 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

A QC coach is a ballboy.

Yeah I laughed when I was offered that position too. I was like whaaaaaaaat.

Edited by SenorGato, 05 January 2013 - 05:04 PM.

#22 GREENBEAN

GREENBEAN

• Members
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

This would make me a happy drummer.

Prepare the thunder!!!
How's mexico my drumming friend?

#23 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 20,248 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

Everyone on the list is a personnel guy. What separates Gamble is that he's held a variety of positions on different NFL teams. Rather than being a scout who worked his way up, he has an understanding of all facets of a team, which should make him a solid, complete boss. Certainly puts him in good position.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#24 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,838 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

Well when you put it that way he sounds like an Andalite warrior hoping to become a war prince.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users