Tom Gamble cancels Jag interview to focus on Jets

RyanBe_Tebowing

Jets GM search: Tom Gamble cancels Jaguars interview to focus on Jets

Tom Gamble, the 49ers director of player personnel, has cancelled a second interview with the Jaguars in order to focus on landing a job with the Jets, according to a report from ESPN's Adam Schefter.

We detail why the move makes sense here. In short, Gamble has known Rex Ryan for more than 20 years and worked under Ryan's father, Buddy, during his first job with the Eagles.

Gamble was also a quality control coach for the Jets between 1995-96.

Damn, I'm tough on Rex... But he does know how to coach defense. Unfortunately coaching isn't the only aspect of be head coach job. If Gamble can make Rex a better director/organizational leader, plus surround him with talented players we might just see Rex come into his own.

Good. Let's get this done and focus on the staff. Norv Turner for OC and Sparano demoted OL coach up first.

Didnt Alex Smith struggle under Norv? I think if we make a run at Smith, which we should, it would make more sense to poach from SF's current offensive staff for OC. I'd poach from them for DC too, for hat matter, lol

I would actually be satisfied with this. He's a top candidate and though I wanted the nitwit gone so we could work on changing the culture, if anyone can work with him it's this guy. Disagree on Alex Smith though for sure, we aren't going to be as deep or talented as SF any time soon. I'd rather he take a shot at finding a real QB and bring in people to actually develop him this time.

Didnt Alex Smith struggle under Norv? I think if we make a run at Smith, which we should, it would make more sense to poach from SF's current offensive staff for OC. I'd poach from them for DC too, for hat matter, lol

Before Harbaugh the only success Smith had was the one year with Norv.

the 49ers ass kicking of the jets was particularly bad because they were the team the jets wanted to be

so gamble is my #1 choice

is he the guy with the rep for stockpiling picks and not trading up ? if so I will fap if he is hired

I was speaking of getting Gamble done, but I would be fine with snagging some of the niner's coaching staff. Especially on offense.

the 49ers ass kicking of the jets was particularly bad because they were the team the jets wanted to be

so gamble is my #1 choice

is he the guy with the rep for stockpiling picks and not trading up ? if so I will fap if he is hired

Yes. Prepare to commence fapping.

I think JETS and Gamble have been very close to an agreement from last week. And news like Gamble wants to bring in a new HC was floated to see the fans reaction very much like the news that Tanny will be reassigned to another position within the organization was floated the week before.

Rex's fate will decided on Woody's perception of how fans reacted to the news of HC firing.

I think JETS and Gamble have been very close to an agreement from last week. And news like Gamble wants to bring in a new HC was floated to see the fans reaction very much like the news that Tanny will be reassigned to another position within the organization was floated the week before.

Rex's fate will decided on Woody's perception of how fans reacted to the news of HC firing.

I can see this.

Jets GM search: Tom Gamble cancels Jaguars interview to focus on Jets

Tom Gamble, the 49ers director of player personnel, has cancelled a second interview with the Jaguars in order to focus on landing a job with the Jets, according to a report from ESPN's Adam Schefter.

We detail why the move makes sense here. In short, Gamble has known Rex Ryan for more than 20 years and worked under Ryan's father, Buddy, during his first job with the Eagles.

Gamble was also a quality control coach for the Jets between 1995-96.

Not for nothing, while I like Gamble for the GM position, '95 and '96 weren't exactly the golden age of Jets football. 4-28 over the two years.

Not for nothing, while I like Gamble for the GM position, '95 and '96 weren't exactly the golden age of Jets football. 4-28 over the two years.

Tss maybe he was controlling the quality of the losses or sumthin.

Gamble doesn't sound like a bad hire or anything. Not my favorite candidate but he's been tagged with "personel guy" which is sooooo Hansel right now.

Tss maybe he was controlling the quality of the losses or sumthin.

Gamble doesn't sound like a bad hire or anything. Not my favorite candidate but he's been tagged with "personel guy" which is sooooo Hansel right now.

Everyone on the list is a personnel guy. What separates Gamble is that he's held a variety of positions on different NFL teams. Rather than being a scout who worked his way up, he has an understanding of all facets of a team, which should make him a solid, complete boss. Certainly puts him in good position.

Archived