Cimini Reporting

fti1422

Given the fact that it's the Jets we're dealing with, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Terry Bradway is named permanent GM once again. He draft some good players, and a few of them, like Jonathan Vilma, got Superbowl rings - with other teams. However, he did completely bomb with Dewayne Robertson, who is no longer even playing, and he has a spot in the Hall of Stupidity for letting Lavernues Coles go to the Redskins, only to trade another WR, Santana Moss, to get him back. Oh, yeah, then there were losing seasons whenever Chad Pennington got a season-ending injury, which happened like every other season. He never got a respectable back up for him.

I personally like this.Absolutely nothing wrong them doing there due diligence on the other candidates. Especially Ross. The next GM we hire is either going to pull us out of this tail spin in the next 2-3 years. Or like G.O.B's sig crash us right into the ground for the next 10. I am happy they are wanting to get it right.

Here's the latest on the Jets' GM search:

So far, they've interviewed two candidates -- Falcons director of player personnel Dave Caldwell and 49ers director of player personnel Tom Gamble. The Gamble interview occurred Saturday.

On Monday, they will meet with two more candidates, Giants director of college scouting Marc Ross and Jets assistant GM Scott Cohen. Packers director of football operations John Dorsey still is on the Jets' list, but that's a fluid situation. He's rumored to be the Chiefs' GM choice.

Gamble is thought to be the Jets' frontrunner, but there's no truth to rumors that it's a done deal. It's actually kind of funny because Gamble was in the middle of his interview Saturday when rumors surfaced that he'd been hired.

The chances of hiring a GM before Tuesday's anticipated Rex Ryan/Woody Johnson news conference remain highly unlikely. The Jets may speed up the search because of the competition for top candidates, but they want to be smart and deliberate.

If the Jets aren't convinced they've found the right man by the end of the first round of interviews, which will be Monday, they could expand the search to include more candidates.

I personally like this.Absolutely nothing wrong them doing there due diligence on the other candidates. Especially Ross. The next GM we hire is either going to pull us out of this tail spin in the next 2-3 years. Or like G.O.B's sig crash us right into the ground for the next 10. I am happy they are wanting to get it right.

This.

The reality is, we are looking for a new GM and probably new directors to take roles within the organization beneath him. So, say we snatch up Gamble as GM, we may still be able to poach Ross as well if there's a way for him to escalate his career and paycheck with us, without moving directly into GM role. If I'm not mistaken there are a number of role Ross could take on for us that would be considered promotions for him... dunno.

I do like that we are following through on interviewing all candidates, it's the right thing to do.

This.

The reality is, we are looking for a new GM and probably new directors to take roles within the organization beneath him. So, say we snatch up Gamble as GM, we may still be able to poach Ross as well if there's a way for him to escalate his career and paycheck with us, without moving directly into GM role. If I'm not mistaken there are a number of role Ross could take on for us that would be considered promotions for him... dunno.

I do like that we are following through on interviewing all candidates, it's the right thing to do.

If the 49ers get to the SB this year then we can say that we hired a guy who helped pick the players to get his team to the SB, no matter whether it is Ross or Gamble or Dorsey. No one can bitch about that.

Bottom line - jets will get the candidate THEY want. My impression is that Gamble wants the Jets job and has put his marbles in this basket. Worse case scenario he doesn't get the job and goes back to SF. I think Ross is the dark horse - no pun intended.

Bottom line - jets will get the candidate THEY want. My impression is that Gamble wants the Jets job and has put his marbles in this basket. Worse case scenario he doesn't get the job and goes back to SF. I think Ross is the dark horse - no pun intended.

Good to hear! Not sure why I was worried, why wouldn't we get our pick of the litter?

Bottom line - Johnson will get the candidate HE wants. My impression is that Gamble wants the Jets job and has put his marbles in this basket. Worse case scenario he doesn't get the job and goes back to SF. I think Ross is the dark horse - no pun intended.

Fixed. :winking0001:

Per obnoxious jackhole Mike Florio: The New York Jets could soon have a new General Manager, who may or may not celebrate the move with the addition of a tattoo to his arm.

Per Adam Schefter of ESPN, 49ers director of player personnel Tom Gamble has passed on a second interview with the Jaguars, telling them that he’s focused on the G.M. gig in New York.

Albert Breer of NFL Network reports that Gamble has delayed an interview with the Chargers, which is being interpreted as another sign that Gamble is gettingready to join the Jets.

Gamble is regarded as one of the hottest G.M. candidates on the market, thanks to his role in building a powerhouse roster in San Francisco.

Good point - but I do wonder who if anyone is sitting in on the interviews with him. I suspect the president of the club is there also.

Neil Glat the President would have to be part of this process at a minimum.

Per obnoxious jackhole Mike Florio: The New York Jets could soon have a new General Manager, who may or may not celebrate the move with the addition of a tattoo to his arm.

Per Adam Schefter of ESPN, 49ers director of player personnel Tom Gamble has passed on a second interview with the Jaguars, telling them that he’s focused on the G.M. gig in New York.

Albert Breer of NFL Network reports that Gamble has delayed an interview with the Chargers, which is being interpreted as another sign that Gamble is gettingready to join the Jets.

Gamble is regarded as one of the hottest G.M. candidates on the market, thanks to his role in building a powerhouse roster in San Francisco.

Alot of people aren't happy Woody got a good candidate here.

Alot of people aren't happy Woody got a good candidate here.

I like Gamble, he as connections to the club already like Rex, This guy looks like the real deal with what he's built in S.F. Give Rex an Avg Q.B and I think we will be set.

A good Draft, Oline, L.B R.B and I think we will be looking a lot better. Heck any Average NFL offence they put on the field, will look awesome to the Sh*t we've had to endure this year.

If Gamble is hired, and I hope he is, we're going to have to be patient. It took SF seven years to get to where they are today. Also, perhaps (and this is just my wish list) maybe he can corral Colin Kaepernick to join the Jets to replace the bomb that is Mark Sanchez?

If Gamble is hired, and I hope he is, we're going to have to be patient. It took SF seven years to get to where they are today. Also, perhaps (and this is just my wish list) maybe he can corral Colin Kaepernick to join the Jets to replace the bomb that is Mark Sanchez?

Yeah. The 49ers are totally going to just give the Jets their QB of the future who has shown nothing but huge upside and promise.

Maybe he can find the Jets their own Kaepernick, but they can't have the 49ers version.

Gamble seems like the best of the available candidates right now. So long as Tomsula isn't part of the package I say woody interviews a minority candidate and then just inks the gamble deal twenty minutes later.

Side note: tannenbaum is no longer gm. I've been waiting for the accountant to be axed since 2008. I don't know who to hate anymore. What do I do with my spare time? Where do I spend my energy? I'm so confused.

Gamble seems like the best of the available candidates right now. So long as Tomsula isn't part of the package I say woody interviews a minority candidate and then just inks the gamble deal twenty minutes later.

Side note: tannenbaum is no longer gm. I've been waiting for the accountant to be axed since 2008. I don't know who to hate anymore. What do I do with my spare time? Where do I spend my energy? I'm so confused.

Sparano and Cavanaugh haven't been fired yet. Plus Sanchez probably isn't going anywhere

Sparano and Cavanaugh haven't been fired yet. Plus Sanchez probably isn't going anywhere

Rex is a likable, passionate person. Hard to hate him. Sanchez gives his all, he's just not very good. But sparano...I can dislike him plenty. All bark, no bite. The stupid pulling of Sanchez for tebow just when Sanchez got rolling, the fact he's a former dolphin. Yeah I'm good with that. And cavanaugh. Dumb ass and useless as a qb coach.

Yeah. The 49ers are totally going to just give the Jets their QB of the future who has shown nothing but huge upside and promise.

Maybe he can find the Jets their own Kaepernick, but they can't have the 49ers version.

Fair enough. As I said, as we are in the twilight of the holiday season, you can't blame a poor Jets fan for having a wish list. Hopefully, the Gamble can find a QB who is actually competent.

Archived