Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Random draft bits of tid

55 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

y8eEV.jpg

Posted · Report post

interesting but that paper looks kinda old. it's probable that at least some of those players have been shamed into better habits by now.

Posted · Report post

Yeah there was a tweet that the paper was up because they missed a class but that the situation was resolved.

Posted · Report post

I'm thinking that right now:

Mingo DE/OLB LSU

Warford OG Kentucky

Bray QB Tenn.

Wolff/Lester/Elam/Rambo S Various

Taylor RB Stanford

Williams TE Bama

Wetzel OT BC

Would be just fine with me.

Posted · Report post

Mingo DE/OLB LSU

Warford OG Kentucky

Bray QB Tenn.

Wolff/Lester/Elam/Rambo S Various

Taylor RB Stanford

Williams TE Bama

Wetzel OT BC

Mingo seems like he could be really good. OL in the second round is fine, and I even like Warford, but he's not one of the 40 best players in this draft. Maybe if Fluker gets pegged as a guard he could slide a little. I think anybody we take in the second would have to have some tackle upside even if his place for 2013 is at guard. Bray is out of the question. We don't have the resources to dick around with half measures at quarterback. It's Sanchez and that's that. What do you think of Sean Porter in 3? Safeties, Taylor, fine, whatever. Projecting these positions in these rounds without benefit of combine numbers is kind of pointless. Probably going to have to address TE sooner. And if course if we have the chance to take a flier on a BC OL in the seventh round we're going to windmill slam the card for Wetzel.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I think Warford could be a beast. Fluker reminds me too much of Vlad...Dallas Thomas might be an alternative if you're looking for an OG/OT prospect...Yankey if he comes out could be interesting.

I don't know what a half measure is, but Bray would be nice to sit on the bench and develop.

I like Sean Porter alot and think he's going to surprise people when he's out of Moore's shadow.

TE is tough, I like Williams but he's a really old school TE and those aren't Hansel right now.

BC is 90% of why I took mocked Wetzel lol, but there's a chance he goes higher.

Combine can and can't come soon enough.

Edited by SenorGato

Posted · Report post

What do you think of Sean Porter in 3?

Sean Porter is solid, but I am not sure he is a 3rd rounder. He lacks a little speed on the field, and I think he might struggle at the next level, at least initially. On the plus side, he is smart and a sure tackler. I would love it if the Jets draft him, as he was one of my favorite Aggies, but in a later round

I know OSU and DL are two words no one wants to hear connected to the Jets, but Jonathan Hankins is probably going to push himself into top 10 talk if he's not there already.

Edited by SenorGato

Sleeper QB: Zac Dysert from the same school as Ben Roethlisberger

Good size, not a terrible athlete, lots of experience (though not much winning), quick release...5th round or so maybe.

Edited by SenorGato

DraftInsider rankings:

http://www.draftinsi...et/blog/?p=6664 - Defense

http://www.draftinsi...et/blog/?p=6660 - Offense

I keep forgetting about Sean Renfree...make that 4 mid-round QBs that I would be interested in.

Some interesting WR prospects getting non-first round grades there.

I'm not sure whether Frederick being listed as a C helps or hurts him. He's not a first round G prospect, but he's a good G prospect. Grady Jackson was smart to go back for his senior year. Cooper and Warmack are clearly the cream of the crop, but Thomas and Warford are ballers themselves. Alvin Bailey has a ton of upside to develop.

Michael Williams the TE from Alabama gets a 6th round grade. About where I thought he'd be. He's nasty, but not a receiving threat in the middle of the field.

Pauline compared Denard Robinson to Randle El. I might be wrong but I think he said a better version of Randle El.

Kniles Davis is going to be a steal. My candidate to go all Arian Foster on their asses. There should be plenty of candidates for this really...

Iunno...other stuff.

Edited by SenorGato

Posted · Report post

SG, i love Sean Renfree, would love to see him on Jets. Williams the TE would walk right in and start. Kniles Davis if healthy will the steal of the draft.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130121/senior-bowl-weigh-in/index.html?mobile=no

Weigh in for the Senior Bowl was today. Didn't even check anything yet. Apparently DT Brandon Williams of South Miss came in at a solid 6'1" 341. He was an All American candidate if not an All American IIRC.

Edited by SenorGato

Larry Warford is kicking ass this week from what I understand.

Virginia OT Aboushi doesn't seem to be getting a lot of love at LT, but that just makes him a realistic RT prospect for the Jets if they went that way.

Edited by SenorGato

Larry Warford is kicking ass this week from what I understand.

Virginia OT Aboushi doesn't seem to be getting a lot of love at LT, but that just makes him a realistic RT prospect for the Jets if they went that way.

no no no. He has no movement skills. At best, he's a OG.

As per Warford, that kid is built like a trashcan full of lead. I like him in the 2nd... a lot!

Edited by Greenseed4

Posted · Report post

If Aboushi is a G then I'm going to slap him with the Eric Steinbach tag. If he's a G then he'll go early-mid 2nd pretty easily.

Posted · Report post

If Aboushi is a G then I'm going to slap him with the Eric Steinbach tag. If he's a G then he'll go early-mid 2nd pretty easily.

Rather have Warford at that range

Posted · Report post

Same here, but that doesn't really change anything. Aboushi still would have good upside as an OL propsect. Went to the same school as D'Brick, and Virginia has put out some good LT/OL prospects lately. He was a three year starter there. Local player too as he's from Brooklyn.

Posted · Report post

Same here, but that doesn't really change anything. Aboushi still would have good upside as an OL propsect. Went to the same school as D'Brick, and Virginia has put out some good LT/OL prospects lately. He was a three year starter there. Local player too as he's from Brooklyn.

Saw him on the SeniorBowl practice coverage today on NFLN.

He is NOT a LT. He has the height, not the girth...slim kid

Posted · Report post

New QB of the week to hype: Brad Sorenson

I called DJ Fluker the next Vlad, but mind is changed. He's a potential monster OLman. Some team in the 10-20 range will be very happy to land him.

Edited by SenorGato

Posted · Report post

Bored mock:

Cromahtie to the 49ers for pick #31.

I wish it were possible to do trades without looking crazy. It's perfectly legit to think Pouha or even Harris could be traded, but to suggest it be for more than a bag of balls or a 2018 7th before it happens is crazy. For the hell of it:

David Harris to the Cardinals for a Fif

1: Barkevious Mingo DE/OLB

1: DaMontre Moore DE/OLB

2: Zac Ertz TE

3: Kevin Reddick ILB/OLB

4: Alvin Bailey or Justin Pugh OL

5: TJ McDonald S/DB

5: Aaron Mellette WR

6: Christine Michael RB

7: Brad Sorenson QB

Posted · Report post

Doing mocks makes me realize that Los Yets NEED to get themselves some extra picks.