SenorGato

Mingo DE/OLB LSU

Warford OG Kentucky

Bray QB Tenn.

Wolff/Lester/Elam/Rambo S Various

Taylor RB Stanford

Williams TE Bama

Wetzel OT BC

Mingo seems like he could be really good. OL in the second round is fine, and I even like Warford, but he's not one of the 40 best players in this draft. Maybe if Fluker gets pegged as a guard he could slide a little. I think anybody we take in the second would have to have some tackle upside even if his place for 2013 is at guard. Bray is out of the question. We don't have the resources to dick around with half measures at quarterback. It's Sanchez and that's that. What do you think of Sean Porter in 3? Safeties, Taylor, fine, whatever. Projecting these positions in these rounds without benefit of combine numbers is kind of pointless. Probably going to have to address TE sooner. And if course if we have the chance to take a flier on a BC OL in the seventh round we're going to windmill slam the card for Wetzel.

I think Warford could be a beast. Fluker reminds me too much of Vlad...Dallas Thomas might be an alternative if you're looking for an OG/OT prospect...Yankey if he comes out could be interesting.

I don't know what a half measure is, but Bray would be nice to sit on the bench and develop.

I like Sean Porter alot and think he's going to surprise people when he's out of Moore's shadow.

TE is tough, I like Williams but he's a really old school TE and those aren't Hansel right now.

BC is 90% of why I took mocked Wetzel lol, but there's a chance he goes higher.

Combine can and can't come soon enough.

What do you think of Sean Porter in 3?

Sean Porter is solid, but I am not sure he is a 3rd rounder. He lacks a little speed on the field, and I think he might struggle at the next level, at least initially. On the plus side, he is smart and a sure tackler. I would love it if the Jets draft him, as he was one of my favorite Aggies, but in a later round

DraftInsider rankings:

http://www.draftinsi...et/blog/?p=6664 - Defense

http://www.draftinsi...et/blog/?p=6660 - Offense

I keep forgetting about Sean Renfree...make that 4 mid-round QBs that I would be interested in.

Some interesting WR prospects getting non-first round grades there.

I'm not sure whether Frederick being listed as a C helps or hurts him. He's not a first round G prospect, but he's a good G prospect. Grady Jackson was smart to go back for his senior year. Cooper and Warmack are clearly the cream of the crop, but Thomas and Warford are ballers themselves. Alvin Bailey has a ton of upside to develop.

Michael Williams the TE from Alabama gets a 6th round grade. About where I thought he'd be. He's nasty, but not a receiving threat in the middle of the field.

Pauline compared Denard Robinson to Randle El. I might be wrong but I think he said a better version of Randle El.

Kniles Davis is going to be a steal. My candidate to go all Arian Foster on their asses. There should be plenty of candidates for this really...

Iunno...other stuff.

Larry Warford is kicking ass this week from what I understand.

Virginia OT Aboushi doesn't seem to be getting a lot of love at LT, but that just makes him a realistic RT prospect for the Jets if they went that way.

no no no. He has no movement skills. At best, he's a OG.

As per Warford, that kid is built like a trashcan full of lead. I like him in the 2nd... a lot!

Same here, but that doesn't really change anything. Aboushi still would have good upside as an OL propsect. Went to the same school as D'Brick, and Virginia has put out some good LT/OL prospects lately. He was a three year starter there. Local player too as he's from Brooklyn.

Same here, but that doesn't really change anything. Aboushi still would have good upside as an OL propsect. Went to the same school as D'Brick, and Virginia has put out some good LT/OL prospects lately. He was a three year starter there. Local player too as he's from Brooklyn.

Saw him on the SeniorBowl practice coverage today on NFLN.

He is NOT a LT. He has the height, not the girth...slim kid

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bored mock:

Cromahtie to the 49ers for pick #31.

I wish it were possible to do trades without looking crazy. It's perfectly legit to think Pouha or even Harris could be traded, but to suggest it be for more than a bag of balls or a 2018 7th before it happens is crazy. For the hell of it:

David Harris to the Cardinals for a Fif

1: Barkevious Mingo DE/OLB

1: DaMontre Moore DE/OLB

2: Zac Ertz TE

3: Kevin Reddick ILB/OLB

4: Alvin Bailey or Justin Pugh OL

5: TJ McDonald S/DB

5: Aaron Mellette WR

6: Christine Michael RB

7: Brad Sorenson QB

Bored mock:

Cromahtie to the 49ers for pick #31.

I wish it were possible to do trades without looking crazy. It's perfectly legit to think Pouha or even Harris could be traded, but to suggest it be for more than a bag of balls or a 2018 7th before it happens is crazy. For the hell of it:

David Harris to the Cardinals for a Fif

1: Barkevious Mingo DE/OLB

1: DaMontre Moore DE/OLB

2: Zac Ertz TE

3: Kevin Reddick ILB/OLB

4: Alvin Bailey or Justin Pugh OL

5: TJ McDonald S/DB

5: Aaron Mellette WR

6: Christine Michael RB

7: Brad Sorenson QB

Do you think Ertz lasts into the second?  Still don't see them moving Cromartie with the recent reports that Revis was actively shopped.  I don't like OLB twice in the first round.  Have to go best OG available with second pick in this scenario, in my opinion.

Same trades but different players...Which one is better?

1: B. Mingo

1: Gio Bernard

2: Gavin Escobar

3: Cornelius Washington

4: Brennan Williams - Another UNC player. This one would go much higher if he didn't blow out his knee. OT.

5: Zac Dysert

5: Nico Johnson

6: Shanarko Thomas

7: Someone

I don't get how phony Revis rumors (they probably answered the phone for everyone) means Cromartie is protected.

Why OG over piling up on pass rushers early? Depends on how they handle FA, but I think the OL is underrated.

If they trade Revis, they won't trade Cro.  The OL currently employs Vlad Ducasse as the only offensive guard.  I think they sign an OLB in free agency too.

Same trades but different players...Which one is better?

1: B. Mingo

1: Gio Bernard

2: Gavin Escobar

3: Cornelius Washington

4: Brennan Williams - Another UNC player. This one would go much higher if he didn't blow out his knee. OT.

5: Zac Dysert

5: Nico Johnson

6: Shanarko Thomas

7: Someone

very nice, dude. 

I'm not a huge Mingo fan, but I'm not going to hate if we take him.  Also, It would be cool if we drafted a WR this year. 

Bradway said that the Jets have talked to their top ten QBs. Says the best value for them is in the second but that will most likely sneak a couple into the first.

Said the best value for RB and safety is 2-4. There's a dozen+ WRs that can make rookie impacts, I'm assuming he includes TEs.

Dion Jordan might not be ready until TC. Maybe that gifts him to the second.

Archived