PSL's - Would you walk away?

Lizard King

I am sure you are joking here but that is a little over the line.

People are frustrated but please find a better way to make your point, instead of blasting an entire part of the fan base.

You're right. Change the c word to a b word and s word with a c-rap word.

The fan base who are crying to get out of their PSL's are crappy fans and deserve to be blasted.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thjere is no market for these tickets. None. You can look at any number of old threads about the suckitude of the sh*tBox. But worse a team going 6-10 in 2012 and probably worse in 2013 is not going to sell out often.

No market? I cannot get a pair of seats in my section if I wanted. Also even this year there was only one game I didn't get above face value for when I resold.

Did you forget people were paying to wait on a list to watch worse jets teams play in a true sh*t hole that was giants stadium?

No market? I cannot get a pair of seats in my section if I wanted. Also even this year there was only one game I didn't get above face value for when I resold.

Did you forget people were paying to wait on a list to watch worse jets teams play in a true sh*t hole that was giants stadium?

sh*t hole? LOL. Not my seats. And I was covered from the elements.

Now Shea Stadium... that was a sh!t hole.

sh*t hole? LOL. Not my seats. And I was covered from the elements.

Now Shea Stadium... that was a sh!t hole.

It was nowhere near as nice as the new stadium, not even close. Covered? How many seats are covered in non domes total in the nfl? That is a lame argument

You can write off the loss or PSLs in a lot of circumstances. Jets have a depriciation schedule set up for LLCs etc who buy them. And tons of scalpers who are true business with a profit and loss can deduct them.

Trouble is the for average fan the interest on loan can only be deducted vs. gains on ticket sales. Most folks dont report their gains as stubhub does not issue w-2s.

I wonder whether it is possible to donate a PSL to charity. That would be best write off move for a underwater one.

May be if you're stubhub you can write it off as a depreciable asset. But as an asset even for a business more likely you are writing the PSL fees as a cost just like the price of the tickets themselves. And probably "scalpers" including stubhub are doing the same thing, taking it as an expense, if they're declaring the income at all.

Know that the last game I went to was the Cards, and there were a lot of empty seats. As to the seats we sold this season we did not get even face and had to throw in the parking pass gratis. I fully expect to go to at least a game or 2 next year, and hopefully go to Carolina.But the price and frankly the idiocy of the front office makes season tickets a bad deal.

It was nowhere near as nice as the new stadium, not even close. Covered? How many seats are covered in non domes total in the nfl? That is a lame argument

I dont care about anywhere else. Like you I care about myself. I had awesome seats in the old stadium, out of the rain, snow, wind and cold. The new stadium doesnt offer that, so it is worse for me. I had no issues with the old place. Got in easily, got out easily. no major issues using the bathrooms. As for the new place.. meh. Ive sat in club seats and in corner of 200 level and it didnt impress me at all. In fact it was a worse experience for me. As for you... you love the place. Good for you. Im glad you're happy and not one of the fans with sand all up in their naughty places.

I think we all agree sans Ecurb....that if the new stadium was going to be what we have now....there was zero reason to tear down the old place.

There was little chance the new stadium would be a better place for the common folk. It was designed, built and sold as a place for the wealthy and businesses. Thats the nature of sports today. The little man... f#ck em. The rich man? Here ya go! Ice sculptures! Shrimp! Chef's!

No matter what fans wanted, a new stadium HAD to be built to capitalize on the $$$ that business and the wealthy bring in club seats and luxury seats. They accomplished this well. Unfortunately they designed a stadium that is difficult to love beyond that. There of course will be better features at a new place... its new! But at the end of the day, we're there to watch football. And other than the video boards, I found the game experience lacking. Then again, the same could be said about the new baseball stadiums too.

Source of the topic:

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- There are good long-term investments, and then there are Jets personal seat licenses.

That’s what some Jets fans told the New York Post for a story, and they are considering defaulting on the pricey seats after a 6-10 season that saw the value for their tickets fall.

Asked about it Tuesday at the Jets practice facility in Florham Park, team owner Woody Johnson said he is aware of emails from fans who are having trouble reselling their tickets and want out of the PSL contract.

"I have gotten the same things," Johnson said. "The fact is that we have a lot of passion. Our fans are very passionate and they feel very strongly. They’re going to lash out and express their feelings. I don’t blame them, quite frankly. It would be a lot worse if they were apathetic and they said, 'Um, I don’t really care about this.' ... We work for the fans and we want to produce something better. That’s why we’re making these changes. We’re listening to the fans."

When the Jets and Giants were building MetLife Stadium, fans who were season-ticket holders in the old Giants Stadium had the option of renewing, but with a PSL. It’s a contract that requires a ticketholder to pay, in addition to a per-game ticket price, a one-time fee to "own" that seat.

The Jets didn’t put a PSL on each seat, but the ones that have them can be pricey; starting at $5,000 a seat. It’s paid like a mortgage, owners can finance through a five- or 15-year plan. And like a mortgage, some PSL owners in the Post’s report and online are talking about defaulting. Johnson was asked if he planned to take those defaulters to court.

"I’m not going to comment on legal (issues)," Johnson said. "You can talk to the legal department on that. We work for our fans. They’re frustrated and I feel very confident we’re going to change this thing."

http://espn.go.com/b...le-psl-defaults

There was little chance the new stadium would be a better place for the common folk. It was designed, built and sold as a place for the wealthy and businesses. Thats the nature of sports today. The little man... f#ck em. The rich man? Here ya go! Ice sculptures! Shrimp! Chef's!

No matter what fans wanted, a new stadium HAD to be built to capitalize on the $$$ that business and the wealthy bring in club seats and luxury seats. They accomplished this well. Unfortunately they designed a stadium that is difficult to love beyond that. There of course will be better features at a new place... its new! But at the end of the day, we're there to watch football. And other than the video boards, I found the game experience lacking. Then again, the same could be said about the new baseball stadiums too.

Remarkably despite the whole idea being the club seats (the cash resulting is not shared NFL revenue), seems a lot of them are unsold and empty week after week. I've probably been to half the games in the new places,and in every case spare opening night and the Pats, many of the mid-level luxury boses appear empty.

Might also help if Woody stopped requesting Jets home games be played on holidays-201-Thanksgiving 2X, Christmas Eve, Halloween. The Giants make a point of begging off those games, Woody requests them.

Remarkably despite the whole idea being the club seats (the cash resulting is not shared NFL revenue), seems a lot of them are unsold and empty week after week. I've probably been to half the games in the new places,and in every case spare opening night and the Pats, many of the mid-level luxury boses appear empty.

Might also help if Woody stopped requesting Jets home games be played on holidays-201-Thanksgiving 2X, Christmas Eve, Halloween. The Giants make a point of begging off those games, Woody requests them.

from my own experiences with club seats & corporate-owned tix here in boston, its not uncommon for seats to go unused. heck, some pats games were a tough ticket to give away this year... and they were good!

in the end, it doesnt really matter much what we think. that stadium will be there for another 20 years until the next owner needs a new palace to call his own

You're right. Change the c word to a b word and s word with a c-rap word.

The fan base who are crying to get out of their PSL's are crappy fans and deserve to be blasted.

You made your opinions known.

But calling other fans crappy fans is very 2004 in my book.

You made your opinions known.

But calling other fans crappy fans is very 2004 in my book.

I call them as I see them. Im proud we have fans like you, joebaby and ecurb who ride the waves of this team. I hate the whiny babies that cry to the media about their psl's and how they were ripped off because the team didnt do well this year.

Plenty of regular folk I know are very happy with their PSL seats. The most happy ones, pretty much all happy are folks with senority who did not buy in UD or Mezz. But in LL Non Club seats. However, even down their the folks who bought in LLEZ corners were mighty pissed.

So some luck was involved. Paying 5k for a LLEZ corner seat when folks to left ended up paying 2.5K less and folks all the way up to 10 yard line paid only 2.5k more made that a sucker bet.

For example my friend a 20 year season ticket holder on day one bought a pair of row two on aisle LLEZ seat. Back then they were 10k for pair with 20% down. He gave Jets 2k. Had a balance of 8K. Then Jets lowered PSL to a total of 5k and his PSL balance fell to 3k. Peanuts.

Meanwile one seat over from him is LLEZ corner and that guy is furious. Lots of pure luck involved. Plenty of folks in LGL and LSL who bought preprice cuts are happy. Those are really good seats and back when they were 10K and 15k you could have sat in first three rows or on aisle towards higher priced side pretty easy.

Those like me who drank a large amount of koolaid, then drank even more koolaid and went to first row when price cuts came we were bailed out better than GM and AIG combined. We got the cream of the crop seats and the discoount to boot.

I call them as I see them. Im proud we have fans like you, joebaby and ecurb who ride the waves of this team. I hate the whiny babies that cry to the media about their psl's and how they were ripped off because the team didnt do well this year.

Ripped off is a little strong.

Can only speak for myself and to a lesser degree those i share tickets with. Sandy was for all of us a real kick in the ass, financially to some degree but more importantly setting your priorities. I will always be a Jets fan. In a twisted way I have gone so far as to tell my sons they shouldn't feel so bound and I couldn't care less if they want to root for the Giants(Pats?NO!). So far neither has stopped wearing green, but given the terrible way this franchise treats it's fans I would more than understand.

But abour priorities; we can all quite easily watch this team on TV. I can no longer justify the expense nor the time required to go to the game spare once or twice a year with friends and the sons, and may be a road game every few years. And if we were like the Giants or Pats-Super Bowls, Super Bowls won, home playoff games-may be the hassle would be worth it. Right now it's not, and it's not because a. we are owned by a spoiled brat rich kid and b. he's in love with a coach who's entire mindset is totally ill-suited to the NFL in 2013.

What happens if I do not purchase my season tickets or complete my PSL payments?

If you default on your obligations under the PSL Agreement or Club Seat Agreement, Jets Stadium Development LLC will have the rights listed in the default provisions of those agreements, which include forfeiture of your PSL and all monies you have paid for that PSL up to that point. This means you will no longer have the right to buy season tickets for those seats for that season or any future season. Jets Stadium Development LLC then will have the right to resell your PSL with no obligation to you as the former PSL holder.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/tickets-and-stadium/faq.html

I think you are misunderstanding this. When they say no obligation to you, the psl holder, I'm pretty sure that means that the Jets have no obligation to you. As in, hypothetically, you bought a 10K PSL, you've paid 1500 thus far... You default... The Jets resell your PSL at full value... The Jets owe you nothing back... In other words, its not the Jets job to sell you're PSL and refund you the money already paid... They Getty your money AND the new money...

I think you are misunderstanding this. When they say no obligation to you, the psl holder, I'm pretty sure that means that the Jets have no obligation to you. As in, hypothetically, you bought a 10K PSL, you've paid 1500 thus far... You default... The Jets resell your PSL at full value... The Jets owe you nothing back... In other words, its not the Jets job to sell you're PSL and refund you the money already paid... They Getty your money AND the new money...

Yes they get the money you paid and they can sell your PSL for full price. So if you paid $2,000 towards a $10,000 PSL then default, the Jets take over your PSL sell it for $10,000 and keep your $2,000 but the former PSL owner is not responsible to pay the $8,000 and this is what that web-site says and what I was told but in the agreement there is a provision that says the defaulting party is responsible for the rest of the $8,000 upon default.

That is the issue.

If I read that ESPN article the right way, they are wrong.

PSLs start at $2,500.

An error on their part. Whomever did the research did not look to see that the PSL calculator is based on two (2) season tickets & not one in sections 201, 202b, 203b, 224b, 225b, 226, 227b, 228b, 249b and 250b.

Shame on you ESPN.com!

Yes they get the money you paid and they can sell your PSL for full price. So if you paid $2,000 towards a $10,000 PSL then default, the Jets take over your PSL sell it for $10,000 and keep your $2,000 but the former PSL owner is not responsible to pay the $8,000 and this is what that web-site says and what I was told but in the agreement there is a provision that says the defaulting party is responsible for the rest of the $8,000 upon default.

That is the issue.

You should pay the 8K anyhow. It is a moral obilgation

Archived