Followers 0

Who will be the GM?

Who will be the Jets next GM?   51 votes

1. 1. Who will be the Jets next GM?

• Tom Gamble
    • Dave Caldwell
    • Marc Ross
    • Any of those 3 will do!
    • Scott Cohen (or another disappointment)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

60 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Ah crap. I meant to post this in the football forum!

Edited by Integrity28

Posted · Report post

Unless there's some serious misdirection going on, you'd have to think it's Gamble. I'll be interested to see if he gets a five-year deal and what kind of power he gets. Francesa has it that if Gamble is the hire, it comes with Rex's blessing, meaning Rex will likely get an extension right away.

Posted · Report post

Gotta go with Chet.

John Dorsey should be on there.

Edited by SenorGato

Posted · Report post

Unless there's some serious misdirection going on, you'd have to think it's Gamble. I'll be interested to see if he gets a five-year deal and what kind of power he gets. Francesa has it that if Gamble is the hire, it comes with Rex's blessing, meaning Rex will likely get an extension right away.

If that's true then this absolutely falls under the disappointment column for me

Posted · Report post

If that's true then this absolutely falls under the disappointment column for me

It would explain waiting until Tuesday to speak, too

Posted · Report post

I am going with Gamble.

If Marc Ross is being interviewed today as reported a few days back, once the Ross interview tis done I expect the JETS to announce Gamble's signing. I would want to see how long he is being signed for. I would expect 5 years regardless of some tweets suggesting its going to be 3-4 years signing only.

I do not expect an extension of Ryan right away. And I won't be surprised if Gamble is introduced tomorrow at the press conference.

Posted · Report post

Had to vote Ross. Just being contrarian

Posted · Report post

I want Gamble for GM. Ross to be hired as director of all scouting, or something that would make him a valuable promotion.

Revamp the whole team building side of the organization. Cut loose Bradway, et al

I've got a feeling Gamble is off to the Bolts, and we will be left high and dry with some second rate GM.

Edited by BurnleyJet

Posted · Report post

I voted that Cohen will be GM because that's how woody thinks. I hate it but that is what my gut tells me.

I've got a feeling Gamble is off to the Bolts, and we will be left high and dry with some second rate GM.

That Chargers interview may not even happen. It was on Mark Cannizzaro's twitter feed.

It sounds like Gamble postponed the Chargers interview by one day for family reasons. Family reason...if you want to believe it. Then you hear its not happening at all. I hate this silly season.

But if he is not hired than it means the JETS were not that into him for some reason. I read somewhere he left NY without any offer from the JETS. It could be the something as simple as JETS wanting to adhere to the Rooney rule before making Gamble official. Or the JETS were not blown away by what they heard from Gamble.

Edited by JetsFanInDenver

Posted · Report post

Just saw this:

Michael Silver ‏@MikeSilver

I'm told by a knowledgeable source that falcons player personnel director is likely to take Jags OR Jets GM job shortly. May have a choice

Posted · Report post

Hey, anybody think of this possibility: the interview with Ross is more than just to satisfy the Rooney Rule. Ross happens to be an outstanding candidate and talent evaluator who has been running the Giants drafts the last several years and has done an amazing job.

Posted · Report post

I voted that Cohen will be GM because that's how woody thinks. I hate it but that is what my gut tells me.

If he payed 200k to hire Cohen that would be so *******..... Well yeah, I guess that would be pretty Woody

Posted · Report post

Hey, anybody think of this possibility: the interview with Ross is more than just to satisfy the Rooney Rule. Ross happens to be an outstanding candidate and talent evaluator who has been running the Giants drafts the last several years and has done an amazing job.

With far worse draft position

Posted · Report post

Amazing is pushing it.

I want Gamble for GM. Ross to be hired as director of all scouting, or something that would make him a valuable promotion.

See - now this makes sense. Make TWO major FO hires and beef up the FO line.

You're talking crazy CTM. He's totally just the legally obligated token black interview.

Edited by SenorGato

Posted · Report post

Thanks Tom.

The 98 reference is a good one. I think that team overachieved big time.

Ah ****, wrong one of those.

Posted · Report post

I am going with Gamble.

If Marc Ross is being interviewed today as reported a few days back, once the Ross interview tis done I expect the JETS to announce Gamble's signing. I would want to see how long he is being signed for. I would expect 5 years regardless of some tweets suggesting its going to be 3-4 years signing only.

I do not expect an extension of Ryan right away. And I won't be surprised if Gamble is introduced tomorrow at the press conference.

No reason to extend rex. He still has two years left, plus he sucked last year

Posted · Report post

Amazing is pushing it.

AMAZING!

Posted · Report post

where is the option for who gives a sh*t cause I wouldn't know any of these guys from a hole in the wall?

Assuming Gamble was a significant part of building SF it seems he'd be the best choice as that's the most stacked roster, but a) who knows how pivotal he was and B) who knows if it can be replicated here, if I remember SF's great roster never really flourished until Harbaugh came there

Any of them should be better then Tannenbaum who was the worst

See - now this makes sense. Make TWO major FO hires and beef up the FO line.

I agree, both Terry Bradway and Mike Tannenbaum should be replaced

Edited by RyanBe_Tebowing

I agree, both Terry Bradway and Mike Tannenbaum should be replaced

My thinking isn't about replacing anyone but Tannenbaum really. Don't really care enough about Bradway either way, but I also don't think he hurts the Jets in his current position.

Edited by SenorGato

Posted · Report post

No reason to extend rex. He still has two years left, plus he sucked last year

Seen worse things i.e the deal to extend Sanchez, so hopefully it was all Tannenbaum and we won't see bullsh*t like that again.