Integrity28

Who will be the Jets next GM?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the Jets next GM?

• Tom Gamble
    • Dave Caldwell
    • Marc Ross
    • Any of those 3 will do!
    • Scott Cohen (or another disappointment)

Unless there's some serious misdirection going on, you'd have to think it's Gamble. I'll be interested to see if he gets a five-year deal and what kind of power he gets. Francesa has it that if Gamble is the hire, it comes with Rex's blessing, meaning Rex will likely get an extension right away.

Unless there's some serious misdirection going on, you'd have to think it's Gamble. I'll be interested to see if he gets a five-year deal and what kind of power he gets. Francesa has it that if Gamble is the hire, it comes with Rex's blessing, meaning Rex will likely get an extension right away.

If that's true then this absolutely falls under the disappointment column for me

I am going with Gamble.

If Marc Ross is being interviewed today as reported a few days back, once the Ross interview tis done I expect the JETS to announce Gamble's signing. I would want to see how long he is being signed for. I would expect 5 years regardless of some tweets suggesting its going to be 3-4 years signing only.

I do not expect an extension of Ryan right away. And I won't be surprised if Gamble is introduced tomorrow at the press conference.

I've got a feeling Gamble is off to the Bolts, and we will be left high and dry with some second rate GM.

That Chargers interview may not even happen. It was on Mark Cannizzaro's twitter feed.

It sounds like Gamble postponed the Chargers interview by one day for family reasons. Family reason...if you want to believe it. Then you hear its not happening at all. I hate this silly season.

But if he is not hired than it means the JETS were not that into him for some reason. I read somewhere he left NY without any offer from the JETS. It could be the something as simple as JETS wanting to adhere to the Rooney rule before making Gamble official. Or the JETS were not blown away by what they heard from Gamble.

Hey, anybody think of this possibility: the interview with Ross is more than just to satisfy the Rooney Rule. Ross happens to be an outstanding candidate and talent evaluator who has been running the Giants drafts the last several years and has done an amazing job.

Hey, anybody think of this possibility: the interview with Ross is more than just to satisfy the Rooney Rule. Ross happens to be an outstanding candidate and talent evaluator who has been running the Giants drafts the last several years and has done an amazing job.

With far worse draft position

Amazing is pushing it.

I want Gamble for GM. Ross to be hired as director of all scouting, or something that would make him a valuable promotion.

See - now this makes sense. Make TWO major FO hires and beef up the FO line.

You're talking crazy CTM. He's totally just the legally obligated token black interview.

Thanks Tom.

The 98 reference is a good one. I think that team overachieved big time.

Ah ****, wrong one of those.

I am going with Gamble.

If Marc Ross is being interviewed today as reported a few days back, once the Ross interview tis done I expect the JETS to announce Gamble's signing. I would want to see how long he is being signed for. I would expect 5 years regardless of some tweets suggesting its going to be 3-4 years signing only.

I do not expect an extension of Ryan right away. And I won't be surprised if Gamble is introduced tomorrow at the press conference.

No reason to extend rex. He still has two years left, plus he sucked last year

where is the option for who gives a sh*t cause I wouldn't know any of these guys from a hole in the wall?

Assuming Gamble was a significant part of building SF it seems he'd be the best choice as that's the most stacked roster, but a) who knows how pivotal he was and B) who knows if it can be replicated here, if I remember SF's great roster never really flourished until Harbaugh came there

Any of them should be better then Tannenbaum who was the worst

I want Gamble for GM. Ross to be hired as director of all scouting, or something that would make him a valuable promotion.

Revamp the whole team building side of the organization. Cut loose Bradway, et al

Now that would be a reach, don´t you think? I think I will be glad if just someone other than Cohen get´s the job. As far as for Gamble, the more I read about him, the less I want him. A run first filosophy, no thanks. Possible extention of Rex contract, no thanks.

No matter who will get the job it will be very interesting to follow the future drafts of Caldwell (my favourite) and Gamble.

I believe that Gamble will get the job and of course do a much better one than Tanny.

where is the option for who gives a sh*t cause I wouldn't know any of these guys from a hole in the wall?

Assuming Gamble was a significant part of building SF it seems he'd be the best choice as that's the most stacked roster, but a) who knows how pivotal he was and B) who knows if it can be replicated here, if I remember SF's great roster never really flourished until Harbaugh came there

Any of them should be better then Tannenbaum who was the worst

yeah law of averages in the NFL says Gamble is finished :)

Take either Ross or Gamble.

Not too familiar with Caldwell, but they haven't seemed like they got better through the draft like the niners or Giants have.

Ryan was a no brainer, then they gave up a ton to move up and take Jones. But then the rest seem like FA pickups.

Now that would be a reach, don´t you think? I think I will be glad if just someone other than Cohen get´s the job. As far as for Gamble, the more I read about him, the less I want him. A run first filosophy, no thanks. Possible extention of Rex contract, no thanks.

No matter who will get the job it will be very interesting to follow the future drafts of Caldwell (my favourite) and Gamble.

I believe that Gamble will get the job and of course do a much better one than Tanny.

The Jets better be able to run the ball in 2013, as its unlikely they'll be able to throw it.

If Rex is staying for 2013, it's likely that he'll be extended at least until 2014 under any GM just to make sure he's not a lame duck. Hopefully a two year Pettine extension will quickly follow.

The Jets better be able to run the ball in 2013, as its unlikely they'll be able to throw it.

If Rex is staying for 2013, it's likely that he'll be extended at least until 2014 under any GM just to make sure he's not a lame duck. Hopefully a two year Pettine extension will quickly follow.

Ryan has 2 years left on his deal, if they extend him like I've heard suggested I'm going to cry

Archived