Integrity28

Who will be the Jets next GM?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the Jets next GM?

• Tom Gamble
    • Dave Caldwell
    • Marc Ross
    • Any of those 3 will do!
    • Scott Cohen (or another disappointment)

Take either Ross or Gamble.

Not too familiar with Caldwell, but they haven't seemed like they got better through the draft like the niners or Giants have.

Ryan was a no brainer, then they gave up a ton to move up and take Jones. But then the rest seem like FA pickups.

Matt Ryan, Roddy White, Julio Jones, most of their defense, their offensive line and role players like Harry Douglas and Jacquizz Rogers

Honestly, the only big FAs they've signed that i can think of are key veterans Tony Gonzalez and Asante (via trade). Probably more, but I'm not digging up their roster.

Like I said before I think Gamble isnt comming, he's off to the Bolts, and the Jets try and save face with some second rate pickup that's no better then Tanny.

I've not totally given in on the Idea of a top class GM coming, but its looking more remote by the hour. I'm not sure I want to see the Presser it could turn into blood bath.

If that's true then this absolutely falls under the disappointment column for me

Well, new GM or not, the Jets aren't going anywhre next season anyway. Unless some miracle happens and the Jets are able to get another team to pay Holmes and Sanchez' contracts, the Jets can't even go in to rebuilding mode for at least another year. Unfortunately, next season will likely be a wash, and then Gamble (if he's hired) will have reason to get rid of Rex. I however, am rooting for Rex and the Jets to miraculously bounce back next season and have Rex stay on as HC (it's a long shot, I know).

I love how we're still discussing this. It's obviously Cohen.

The only part that has me feeling slightly optimistic about that not being the case is the fact that they hired outside consultants for this GM search and have been interviewing many people before bothering to even give Cohen a courtesy interview. While I suppose it's possible that it was done simply as a ruse, I'm not sure Woody is clever enough to manage something like that, as simple as it may be. Unless of course it is your position that it will happen by default as every other candidate will turn the Jets down. That's a whole different story.

The only part that has me feeling slightly optimistic about that not being the case is the fact that they hired outside consultants for this GM search and have been interviewing many people before bothering to even give Cohen a courtesy interview. While I suppose it's possible that it was done simply as a ruse, I'm not sure Woody is clever enough to manage something like that, as simple as it may be. Unless of course it is your position that it will happen by default as every other candidate will turn the Jets down. That's a whole different story.

I've been in that world. A lot of companies hire outside consultants just for PR. They do it to scare employees. They do it because it's a faux way to change things. They do it to talk about strategy and talk about change, and a billion new powerpoint presentations are presented, but at the end of the day, the firm walks away, and the company keeps the slides and nothing changes. Or they hire the wrong firm because it's cheaper or they bring in the cheaper junior consultants from the right firm and all they get is "why the hell did we hire these people to tell us what we already know" information. Happens more often than not.

At this point, if the Jets do go with Scott and Rex is obviously still around, and they hire some Jr OC, the only thing they got out of the firm would have been cost control. Scott is probably a lot cheaper than a Gamble. And not firing Rex means not paying for a new HC, while still paying for Rex to sit on the beach. Maybe that was the real reason in hiring the firm. Woody might be a billionaire, but he's still a business person. Albiet a kid who inherited that business, but still, he is a business person. And there are shareholders. And officials.

Hell look at the Yankees. Under George, they spent millions on used car parts. They won. They lost. They won again. The sons seem more interested in saving money than making a huge free agent splash. Or even re-signing their own players at a higher cost. Who knows what Woody and his advisors are really doing. Woody has never really seemed to care about winning. He isn't Mark Cuban. He isn't Robert Craft or Jerry Jones. Somebody said earlier they don't care what Woody thinks or says, he's the billionaire owner who should just pay for a winner. I say an owner needs to have a vested interest in winning. Otherwise you do wind up with the circus that is the Jets. Who always seem more interested in making some BS splash move for the media over actually a move that means winning.

Think about it. Rex and his circus means publicity for the Jets. The Jets are a 6-10 team and the media loves to talk about them. The Giants won the super bowl last year, ELi won his second MVP, and the media wanted to talk about a backup QB who might not even play for the Jets. Woody loves making the news more than winning. And keeping Rex around to do what he does best, means ratings. It means media. And I really think that's what's most important to Woody. When you have an owner who doesn't really care about winning, you probably have an organization that rarely wins.

Well if the Jets do end up promoting Cohen, at least they won't be the first and/or only douchebags to promote some loser from within their sh*tty-ass organization. The Cardinals apparently just did exactly that.

Until I read that next sentence, I was going to congratulate you on your new position.

Until I read that next sentence, I was going to congratulate you on your new position.

It's moments like this, when after rereading a post multiple times and still having no idea wtf you're talking about, that it becomes all that much clearer why I could never be one of your "ilk". Given the source, I'm just sure it's meant to be some sort of jab. Damn you.

Think about it. Rex and his circus means publicity for the Jets. The Jets are a 6-10 team and the media loves to talk about them. The Giants won the super bowl last year, ELi won his second MVP, and the media wanted to talk about a backup QB who might not even play for the Jets.

this is true but also this year both teams had garbage bag day at the same time and are playing golf while the playoffs happen. Eli gave alot of people heartburn this holiday season.

It's moments like this, when after rereading a post multiple times and still having no idea wtf you're talking about, that it becomes all that much clearer why I could never be one of your "ilk". Given the source, I'm just sure it's meant to be some sort of jab. Damn you.

Ah ****... yeah, never mind, got it. I really don't want to get into how completely differently I was interpreting that post when I first read it.

Certainly not doing much to help counter your comment. Well played... ass.

Archived