Damontre Moore or Jarvis Jones

RyanBe_Tebowing

Jones vs Moore is more dependent on what you want from an OLB/DE. Has Moore showns any indication that he's a 3-4 OLB to start off with? Therefore he more of a project that will have to go through a bit of a learning curve of getting situated with a 3-4 defense. As a 4-3 DE, just plug him in and let him play but not the case if he's in a 3-4. As for Moore he's superb against the run but although he finished with 10+ sacks he really lacks pass rushing moves. He needs to add a swim move to his repertoire to get more pressure on the QB. Also too many of his sacks are cover sacks. So he really isn't this sack master that everyone thinks he is he more of a guy who's excellent against the run and happen to get to not quit on plays in getting to the QB.

Jones to me is the opposite of Moore in a way as he's average against the run. Some games he was getting demolish by TEs which isn't a good sign. As for his pass rush ability he has it all. Also he's proven he can drop back in coverage although still needs to improve at it.

Because of these guys imbalance of being good vs the pass and run is the reason Bjoern Werner, DE/OLB, Florida State should be drafted ahead of both players.

Ummm, Moore played OLB in a 34D his sophomore year, and he played well, and to claim that his sacks were coverage sacks is ludicrous! Moore was double teamed on most passing downs this year against some of the best OL in the nation, and he still had a monster year. A&M's biggest weakness on D was their secondary, so coverage would break down without pressure. Sorry, but your assessment is just wrong, except that Moore is indeed excellent against the run.

Werner is a nice player, but he will not be drafted anywhere near Moore and Jones.

Josh Mauga is more productive than Davis and Scott. If he wasn't out by week 3 he would of gotten a chance to show us 2011 wasn't a fluke but that didn't happen.

I've been in support of this statement, not that Mauga is necessarily better or going to be better than Davis but that he's an underrated player who could easily start on a lot of NFL teams.

However, I think he is now a FA coming off an injury. That said, pending health, it'd be great if they could resign him. I also think he's the type of player who would have helped if the Jets were to transition to a 4-3 before that stupid loudmouth kept his job....Mauga SLB, Harris MLB and Davis WLB would work imo.

Jones vs Moore is more dependent on what you want from an OLB/DE. Has Moore showns any indication that he's a 3-4 OLB to start off with? Therefore he more of a project that will have to go through a bit of a learning curve of getting situated with a 3-4 defense. As a 4-3 DE, just plug him in and let him play but not the case if he's in a 3-4. As for Moore he's superb against the run but although he finished with 10+ sacks he really lacks pass rushing moves. He needs to add a swim move to his repertoire to get more pressure on the QB. Also too many of his sacks are cover sacks. So he really isn't this sack master that everyone thinks he is he more of a guy who's excellent against the run and happen to get to not quit on plays in getting to the QB.

Jones to me is the opposite of Moore in a way as he's average against the run. Some games he was getting demolish by TEs which isn't a good sign. As for his pass rush ability he has it all. Also he's proven he can drop back in coverage although still needs to improve at it.

Because of these guys imbalance of being good vs the pass and run is the reason Bjoern Werner, DE/OLB, Florida State should be drafted ahead of both players.

Moore spent two years playing OLB/joker before getting moved to DE this year. If anyone would struggle transitioning to 34 OLB it's Werner.

Ummm, Moore played OLB in a 34D his sophomore year, and he played well, and to claim that his sacks were coverage sacks is ludicrous! Moore was double teamed on most passing downs this year against some of the best OL in the nation, and he still had a monster year. A&M's biggest weakness on D was their secondary, so coverage would break down without pressure. Sorry, but your assessment is just wrong, except that Moore is indeed excellent against the run.

Werner is a nice player, but he will not be drafted anywhere near Moore and Jones.

Good info, didn't know about what he did last season so he should convert well to a 3-4 as I've only watch film on him for this year. As for Moore what game are you referring to so I can watch it over again? As he wasn't a beast at all when it came to having elite pass rushing moves like Bjoern Werner or Jones. Just don't see how you can watch him and come out with an evualtion of him being an elite pass rusher. Don't but that at all.

Where do you come up with this assessment of Werner not going any where near Jones and Moore?!? For all we know Jones can drop out from being the top 10. As for Werner he's lock to go top 10, most certainly go top 5 and it shouldn't be an surprise at all if he goes as the number one OLB/DE prospect.

Moore spent two years playing OLB/joker before getting moved to DE this year. If anyone would struggle transitioning to 34 OLB it's Werner.

Werner has dropped into coverage multiple times this season as a standup DE. He went from 270 to around 255 to make the adjustment. As for pass rushing ability Werner is far better than Moore.

I've been in support of this statement, not that Mauga is necessarily better or going to be better than Davis but that he's an underrated player who could easily start on a lot of NFL teams.

However, I think he is now a FA coming off an injury. That said, pending health, it'd be great if they could resign him. I also think he's the type of player who would have helped if the Jets were to transition to a 4-3 before that stupid loudmouth kept his job....Mauga SLB, Harris MLB and Davis WLB would work imo.

I agree he would make a good Sam linebacker. When we go to the nickle he can sub out leaving Davis and Harris out there. As for his free agent status he's restricted, so you can expect him back cheap.

I

Werner has elite pass rushing moves?

So he doesn't?!?

yeah well this is one of those threads where we spend all sorts of time slicing and dicing these top pass rush prospects and neither is there at 9.

Very true for all we know we'll trade down so I'm kinda of done with this subject.

As for Moore what game are you referring to so I can watch it over again? As he wasn't a beast at all when it came to having elite pass rushing moves like Bjoern Werner or Jones. Just don't see how you can watch him and come out with an evualtion of him being an elite pass rusher. Don't but that at all.

Where do you come up with this assessment of Werner not going any where near Jones and Moore?!? For all we know Jones can drop out from being the top 10. As for Werner he's lock to go top 10, most certainly go top 5 and it shouldn't be an surprise at all if he goes as the number one OLB/DE prospect.

Moore had 12.5 sacks this year, 9 last year, and 6 his freshman year as Von Miller's backup, so yes, I do consider him elite. All the draft geeks agree. Just about every mock I have seen has him going number two (Jags).

It remains to be seen where Jones will end up, given the rumor about his spine issues, but IMHO, Moore and Jones will go top 5, while Werner might sneak into the top 10. He's a great prospect, but in the draft world, there is a huge gap between the players at the top and those that fall after the top 5 or 6 players. Moore and Jones have much better resumes considering their production versus the level of competition against which they played.

but IMHO, Moore and Jones will go top 5, while Werner might sneak into the top 10.

this sounds about right. the DE crop as a whole has great talent at the top and then it drops off quick. The Jets could easily see 3 pass rushers picked before they go at 9 (especially if Geno Smith/Matt Barkley can't crack the top 10).

the OL actually has more talent throughout the first round, compared to DE.

this sounds about right. the DE crop as a whole has great talent at the top and then it drops off quick. The Jets could easily see 3 pass rushers picked before they go at 9 (especially if Geno Smith/Matt Barkley can't crack the top 10).

the OL actually has more talent throughout the first round, compared to DE.

Agreed. It's funny how next season there will be several high profile rookie pass rushers going against several high profile rookie OL. I would love to see Moore vs Joeckel end up playing each other. You know those two had some awesome battles in practice. I think Moore certainly benefitted from facing the two OT beasts at A&M everyday in practice.

alot of sources are saying Jarvis Jones will drop out of the top 5 picks.

Question to fellow fans, can the Jets pass on this player?

I think Mingo and Moore are the two studs fwiw. But if Jones checks out medically and has a good combine/pro day, then I could see the possible pick I guess.

Yeah Jones' injury will probably keep him out of the top ten barring the condition being deemed a non-threat.

It's a race between Moore and Mingo for me amongst the pass rushers. I'm prepped for an out there pick like Warmack.

Speaking of Warmack, Cooper from UNC is going to give him a run for best G in this draft. Cooper is a sick G prospect himself who would have given DeCastro a run for his money last year, and could be the best pro of them all. Im expecting a big February-April for him.

Yeah Jones' injury will probably keep him out of the top ten barring the condition being deemed a non-threat.

It's a race between Moore and Mingo for me amongst the pass rushers. I'm prepped for an out there pick like Warmack.

Speaking of Warmack, Cooper from UNC is going to give him a run for best G in this draft. Cooper is a sick G prospect himself who would have given DeCastro a run for his money last year, and could be the best pro of them all. Im expecting a big February-April for him.

Yep and Yep. And Yep.

If Star dropped to 9, (probably in the minority) but I'd be down.

He's another one I would be down for. The battle between him and Hankins for #1 DT should be one f the better ones in this draft. Either one would make it easier for Coples to go all 1999/2006 Trevor Pryce on muhfckas.

Archived