Mark Sanchez: C-
We got 2 decent years and 2 playoff runs out of him, which is more than some first round QBs do in a career. Mark isn't responsible for his stupid contract, but he is responsible for digressing over his 2nd two years. He may not be a completely lost cause yet, so I bumped him up from D for that.
Santonio Holmes: D+
Selfish. Doesn't run good routes. Clearly not a positive addition to the locker room, team chemistry. Bailed on the team 2 years ago, hurt this year, also the recipient of a team crippling contract.
Plaxico Burress: F
Not with the team. Divisive when he was here, brought out the worst in Holmes.
John Conner: F
Not with the team. Wasted a draft pick on a FB that couldn't even stay in the lineup at one of the positions that has the highest success rate of transitioning from college to pro.
Tony Sporano: F
Couldn't do ANYTHING with the offense. Worse than Schotty.
Quinton Coples: C
Took a while, but he came on at the end of the season. Remains to be seen if he can become a full-time starter, and difference maker.
Muhammed Wilkerson: A
He's matriculated successfully and become a difference maker for the team.
Derrick Mason: F
He didn't catch 100 passes. He paid the price for unwelcome constructive criticism.
Don't know if any of these were handpicked by Rex, I think Rex had input on them and that it was Tannenbaum who pulled the trigger. I think getting Tebow was a direct order from publicity hound Woody. That said,
* I would give Santonio Holmes an F. He is a cancer in the locker room, and the only productive season he's had was when BRaylon Edwards was on the other side.
* I would give John Connor a B. When he was healthy, he was a punishing blocker and during the year that the Jets went to the AFC title game and lost ot the Steelers, did play a part in a successful running game.
*I would give Plaxico Burress a B, and I totally disagree with you on that one. He came in for one season and did what he was supposed to: he caught 8 TDs and was a red zone threat. While he didn't replace Bray, he did what he was supposed to do.
* I would give Quinton Coples an A. I think he is on track with Wilkerson to become a difference maker. He played for a lousy team and at the end fo the season, helped give the Jets something they have sorely lacked for like 5 seasons now, which is a pass rush.
* Sanchez gets an F for reasons we have all stated on this forum many times.
* You forgot about former Raven Bart Scott, who might not be with the team. I would give him a D, which I bumped down from a C because of his salary.
Agree with you on Derrick Mason and not enough can be said about Sporano's incompetence this past season